Skip to main content

Lately. Remember to smile



“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile,
 but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” 
― Thích Nhất Hạnh














Lately...

-We have enjoyed trips to our local library.  We attend a few of the library programs as well.
-Playing a few audiobooks for the little ones.-  A drive to the grocery store or a quick trip to the post office. They seem to enjoy this time listening to a story.

-Enjoying more sunny days. When we get sunny days, we really do appreciate them!
-Watching my girls interact with each other. -I absolutely love these moments. Our little one is giggling now and her big sister can't resist giving her sweet kisses all over. -I can't help but smile!

- I'm running more and staying on track with my workouts. - Trust me it's challenging finding the time and motivation sometimes. I must say I'm pretty darn proud of myself that I've been able to keep it up for a few months now.- Brings a smile to my face just seeing my progress.

-Preparing healthier foods and snacks! - We're enjoying healthier foods and snacks in our home. Also preparing our lunches ahead of time for the week. -Thank you all who enjoyed my post on the Oat Banana Chocolate Cookies. If you were able to make them, I sure hope you enjoyed them as much as we have! 

-My oldest daughter and I have been enjoying watching a few Nature shows on PBS. We just recently watched one on Dogs. 

-Working on a few lessons. I recently checked out a preschool curriculum book. I've been busy working on a few learning charts and fun lessons to do with our oldest daughter during the day.

-Creating art. We've been creating quite a bit of art in our home. Putting it on display and just sitting back and admiring such beautiful and unique pieces our daughter creates.

Life gets busy. We must always remember to smile.
At times, I feel like my days are hectic. I'm later reminded that these hectic days are spent with the ones I love. -And of course, that brings a smile to my face. 

Comments

  1. It sounds like you're doing really well. I'm glad you're taking the time to appreciate the good and positive things even though you're in such a hectic phase of life. It will get easier, I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you. We are doing well and I hope the same for you! :) Thank you for your positive words.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful winter! I'm glad you all are enjoying your time together and with two beautiful girls life can't get any better. So jealous of the library time, we haven't had time to find one near our new place with so much moving going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina, awe thank you. We do enjoy library time and I'm certain that once you all settle in you will be on your way to enjoying your time at the library as well. :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely quote! The felt cookies are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love the library too! The kids and I went a lot when they were growing up. We have a lot of good memories there. I will comment back www.oldefashionmom.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Please know that it is appreciated. I try my best to respond to every comment. If you have a question feel free and ask.

Popular posts from this blog

Eco-Friendly Craft: Create a beautiful Winter Tree Scenery using Cardboard

  Learn how to create a stunning winter tree scenery using eco-friendly materials like cardboard in this DIY craft tutorial. Embrace your creativity and make a beautiful and sustainable decoration for the winter season. I am excited to be participating in the Sustainable Challenge along with a group of fellow bloggers. We will be sharing eco-friendly and sustainable craft ideas. I cannot wait to share my upcycled craft with you all. The theme for this month is Christmas.  For my project, I chose to repurpose some old cardboard. I believe that using household items in crafting is a great choice. Today, I am excited to share with you a beautiful Winter Tree scenery that I created using cardboard and a few other materials. If you're ready, I would love for you to join me and recreate it. Video tutorial Materials needed for your cardboard craft project: Cardboard Acrylic paint Tissue paper Holiday stencils Paintbrush Scissors Mod Podge Faux snow Paper tree template  Any decorations suc

10 Favorite Summer Quotes

As we approach summer... Let us enjoy these beautiful moments. Be thankful.  Be in the moment.  Embrace each day. Hug the people we love. Spread kindness. Say hello to a stranger. Dance to our favorite song. Play with our children. Cook a favorite meal. Create something new. Just be. Enjoy this list of my 10 favorite summer quotes below Do you have a favorite summer quote?  If so, I'd love to know what it is.  Leave a comment below!  May your days be filled with happiness. Pin it for later

Spring Refresh: Mini Clip Photo Frame Hack for Seasonal Decor

  Are you ready to spruce up your living space this spring? If yes, I have an easy and inexpensive DIY project for you. We will use one of Dollar Tree's mini clip photo frames to create a mini spring display that will complement your existing spring decor. This fun craft project can also be added to a tiered tray.  I'll provide you with a full list of materials below. Materials needed Mini clip photo frame Acrylic paint Decorative floral napkin  Mod Podge  Paintbrush Optional paper flower embellishment/magnet for hanging on the refrigerator Letter stamps and stamp ink pad Scissors Step One: Applying Paint to the Photo Frame Start by taking a paintbrush and applying paint to the frame. I chose to paint my frame white. It took me about two coats of paint to give it complete coverage. Set your frame aside and let it dry. Step Two: Cutting the Napkin Use scissors to cut out any floral designs from your napkin that you want to use in your design. I cut a few leaves and mini flowers

Archive

Show more

Labels

Show more

All content copyright 2010-2024

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.