Friday, March 8, 2013

Apple topped pancakes!

We normally eat relatively healthy in our home. Of course there are going to be times that we all develop a sweet tooth. This morning I decided to make my pancakes, with a delicious apple topping. I love the fact that it’s pretty easy to make, and it’s not very time consuming. The recipe consists of:

1.Apples (whatever kind you choose to use) I used one Granny smith apple
2.Ground cinnamon/or cinnamon sugar
3.Nutmeg
4.Two teaspoons of butter/or whatever you prefer to use, I find that all the ingredients mixed with the butter gives it a delicious taste!
5.This is optional but, you can make a frosting for your pancakes by using (Vanilla extract, milk, and a little bit of confectioners sugar)-That’s where my sweet tooth came in!
6.Once you have washed and diced your apples, just add the butter, apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg to your pan, let it sizzle (It will make your home smell amazing.)
7.I used Hungry Jack pancake mix, extra light and fluffy. (Of course you can make your own pancake mix as well.)
8.Once the apples are tender, and have been cooking for about 10 minutes on medium heat, you can take them off and top the pancakes with them.

If you are like me and have a toddler and you don’t want them having the frosting portion. I just went ahead and gave my daughter the apple topping over her pancakes, but instead of the vanilla frosting, I gave her yogurt. She loves when I top off her waffles or pancakes with yogurt. And in the end you will have a delicious breakfast, and of course a happy family .

  -Stephanie