Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My very own (play) flower garden

This little diy craft was so much fun!
I came up with this since my daughter enjoys helping with my garden.
Enjoy!
 
Materials needed:
-construction paper
-empty box (I used a card box)
-scissors
-glue stick
-cotton (for clouds)
-flowers (create your own) or you can do what I did, I used flower and chick cupcake toppers. I purchased these adorable little toppers at Target in the dollar section (Around Easter time)
-optional-washi tape
-Paper towel roll/ or TP roll
 
{Play water can}
 
 
When creating the water can, start off with cutting paper towel roll in half. Depending on the size you want your watering can to be. (If you're using a tp roll then you may not need to cut it) After, using construction paper cover the roll. I used tape, which I found to be easier. I made a small hole, and inserted some construction paper I had rolled (into a tube shape). I then cut out a circle for the actual water spout, after doing this I used some glue and glued it to the tube shape. Using washi tape I went over and covered a few spots.
To make your water can handle, just cut your paper towel roll into a ring shape. Once that is done glue or tape it to the play watering can.
 
{My very own flower garden}
 
Using an empty box,  cover with construction paper.
Cut up some green construction paper for grass.
Glue flowers in box.
If you  decide to make a background, I just found
some cardboard, and covered with blue
construction paper. Using cotton balls as clouds,
and we made a little sun.