Skip to main content

How to Transform Glass Garlic Jars into Multi-Functional Pin Cushions with Storage

Transform your glass garlic jars into multi-functional pin cushions with storage by following this creative and practical DIY tutorial. You will learn how to repurpose these jars into stylish and useful organization tools for sewing or crafting supplies.

Hello everyone! A while ago, I purchased some pin cushions from my local Dollar Tree and stored them away, completely forgetting about them. Today, while cleaning, I came across them and decided to use them with my glass garlic jars. I thought the glass garlic jars would be wonderful for creating multi-functional pin cushion storage jars.


Materials
Three pin cushions
Glass jars (I'm reusing my garlic jars)
Mod Podge
Paintbrush
Acrylic paint
Sewing and craft accessories to add to each glass jar



Adding Mod Podge and Paint to jars

To give my jars a stained glass appearance, I combined my Mod Podge and paint. I used a paintbrush to add a thin layer of the mixture and then used a drying tool to dry the paint. I repeated this process for each jar, applying two coats of my Mod Podge and paint mixture to each jar.




Adding accessories to jars

Once your jars have dried completely, take your sewing items such as buttons, thread, thimbles, and other sewing accessories, and add them to each of your jars.
Then, take your pin cushions and add them to each of your jars. I added a few sewing pins to the tops of each of my pin cushions.





These jars can be used to store any of your craft items as well. They are great for storing craft embellishments.

I love that I was able to reuse my glass garlic jars in this fun project. So, before you think about throwing away those glass jars, remember there are endless possibilities when reusing them.



Pin Share Save


Featured on





Comments

  1. You are seriously talented, Stephanie. These storage jars are just super cute and practical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, thank you so much. 😊 I appreciate you visiting.

      Delete
  2. What a creative idea! These would make nice gifts too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you! You're right, this would be great as a gift. Thank you for visiting. 😊

      Delete
  3. These are darling, and I love this idea! Not just cute, but also useful. Pinning! Visiting from Senior Salon Pit Stop linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you! I was just adding this post to your link party. 😊

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad you did! :) Thanks for sharing this post with all of us at the Will Blog for Comments #36!

      Delete
    3. Jennifer, aw you're always so kind. Thank you. Happy to share at your party. Have a wonderful week. 😊

      Delete
  4. That is amazingly clever Stephanie! I love this idea! ☺️
    Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you. 😊 I'm happy you enjoyed this DIY idea.

      Delete
  5. These are adorable! What a great thoughtful gift, too--for a beginning sewer or quilter, a college student away from home, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, thank you. You're so right, this would make a great gift for a college student away from home. Such a wonderful idea.

      Delete
  6. Such a cute idea! I’m going to look for pincushions to give this a try but I might use small jelly jars or canning jars for more storage. Thank you for sharing this clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, please give this a try. It was such a fun project. It's a great way to store things as well. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. These are so cute and such a good idea too. Pretty and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steph, these are fantastic! I love the unique things you come up with!
    Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial with Sweet Tea & Friends this month dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect! I love a good repurpose and mushrooms are so trendy right now. Featuring when my link party opens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you so much. Happy to hear you enjoyed my little pin cushions.

      Delete
  10. What a darling idea! Your jar pin cushions remind me of the cutest mushrooms with that polka dot material!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My husband said the same thing. I love that. Thank you for visiting. 😊

      Delete
  11. What a brilliant upcycle. These are adorable and very useful too! :) #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable idea. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so sweet. Thanks for sharing with Create-it Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wondering did you use the lid or just the elastic to hold pincushion in place? This has to be the most useful and cute reuse for these little jars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, great question! The pincushions I used came with the elastic band already attached. I placed the pincushion on top of the jar and stretched the elastic to the bottom of the jar. I hope that helps. Thank you for visiting. ♡

      Delete
  15. These are so cute. Beautifully made and useful too! #creativelycrafty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the recycled jars, visiting you from Saturday Sparks! I'm starting my own link party Tuesday, Jan 14 called Wednesdays in the Studio. I'd love to have you join! https://studio27byjenniferadams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to add these to your party. I honestly thought I responded earlier.

      Delete
  17. How cute and useful are these jars! Love the addition of pin cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute! Nice to recycle and have extra storage, too. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super creative and absolutely adorable
    Thank you for linking to SSPS 385. See you again on Monday

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stephanie, these are so cute! One of my features for SSPS #386!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melynda, aw, thank you. So happy you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  21. How cute and prac tical as well. Love your creativity transforming glass garlic jars into pin cushions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.