Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A sweet celebration.



A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer.  ~Author Unknown


This weekend led up to our daughter's 3rd birthday. We spent our time finishing up plans and discussing how we would spend her special day. On Sunday we opened presents early. I spent time in the kitchen baking her birthday cake. - Strawberry cake with strawberry whipped topping. - It was a hit! We presented her cake a day early, since our plan was to take her to the Denver aquarium on Monday.





We sang happy birthday and she blew out her candles. It was simple and sweet. I may have cried a little. Just the thought of knowing my little girl is growing, it saddens me a little. I've been embracing each day, each moment I spend with her. She blew out her candles and we shouted hooray! I'll hold on to these moments for as long as I live.

April 7, 2014,  -Happy birthday sweet baby girl! (Of course she will always be my baby).
Our families called, wished our daughter a happy birthday and we headed off to the aquarium. An early breakfast, coffee in our to-go mugs and we were out the door. Once arriving at the aquarium, we enjoyed our time exploring and admiring such beautiful fish. -We've gone before, but our daughter was younger and this time she seemed to have enjoyed it more. Once home we enjoyed our time out, playing.  The temps were mild and the sun was still shining. She drove her new power wheel jeep around and practiced skating for a bit.












Later for Dinner, we enjoyed some pizza grilled on our pizza stone. I wasn't too hungry. Earlier in the day after the aquarium, we ate at a Korean Restaurant in Denver and also did some shopping in Castle Rock. So I ate a few slices of pizza, before becoming full. And to finish the evening off our daughter enjoyed a slice of her birthday cake.


(Bibimbop)


(Kimchi soup)

 It's been a long weekend. A weekend filled with hugs, laughter, tears, family and love.  Our daughter is growing.- It's a beautiful thing. Each day she's learning, exploring, creating and becoming her own person. It's absolutely beautiful watching all these changes take place. She's now three and she still wants me to wipe her tears, kiss her boo-boo's, read her bedtime stories, rock her in my arms and much more.-For now I'll cherish these moments. I'm forever thankful.



Hello new readers! I'm so happy to have you here. And for those who have been following along on my blogging  journey, thank you. I appreciate all of you. :)