Monday, April 6, 2015

Around here.- Lately..














Around here.- Lately...

- Planting a few seeds in the garden with my oldest. She's so excited about growing vegetables and flowers. We normally grow a few peppers, tomatoes, chives and cilantro on our back porch. I set out a few decorative pots; so that when you step out from the kitchen you can grab your veggies and be on your way. :) I enjoy it and it's pretty simple. - I like simple things.

-I have a few perennials in my flowerbed. Some have started blooming and we bought a few seeds to add in. I've been pulling up a few weeds that decided to invade our yard. This weekend we mowed and cleaned up the yard a bit. - Spring cleaning begins!

-We have enjoyed our trips to the library. We're super excited now that our daughter is reading on her own. The system that we had started using, has really impressed us. We do three daily reading lessons each day. Each lesson takes about 5-10 minutes. I'll include a link in the comment section to the book we've been using to teach our daughter to read, if anyone is interested. Just let me know.

-This week our favorite book is- Counting in the Garden by, Kim Parker. It's such a beautiful book. Perfect for Spring and little ones are sure to want to paint there very own garden when you are done reading this lovely book. We have read it several times and it's definitely a book to take along during a park visit or hike. (It also includes counting).

-I've been enjoying making baby food! Little one is still nursing, but we have started her on exploring with different foods. We space it out; making sure there are no allergic reactions to any new foods. Earlier in the week she tried sweet potato. And this weekend she had avocado. I normally make them in batches and place them in containers in the freezer.

-I've been enjoying healthy smoothies in the morning. Sometimes I'll add in a scoop of protein. Lately, I've also explored a few new recipes. - Baked avocado with egg and bits of bacon crumbled on top. Just add a few spices and bake it for about 20 minutes. - It's so delicious!

- I finally tried a drink off the Starbucks secret menu. I knew about these special drinks; I just never had enough nerve to ask for one. Silly me! - It was delicious and I'm sure I deserved one after such a long week.

-We've been walking more! We recently purchased a double stroller and now walks are a must. - Refreshing, cool and just so much fun with the girls. We see horses, flowers, buzzing bees and trains on our walks.


How are you enjoying your Spring days? I'd love to know. Let me know by leaving a comment below. And be sure if your visiting my blog for the first time to please leave me a link to your blog. I'd love to swing by and visit.

Hello newest followers! I'm so happy to have you here and to all my lovely readers, I hope you all have a beautiful week ahead.