Skip to main content

Take an adventure! Review on National Geographic Kids Almanac 2019 and Explorer Academy: The Nebula Secret.

In this blog post, I'll be sharing my thoughts on two fun and exciting books.
 National Geographic Kids Almanac will take you on an adventure of learning and exploring new information. Explorer Academy: The Nebula Secret is the first book in the new Explorer Academy seven-book series which will take you on code-breaking missions and much more. These two books will bring adventure, explore curiosity, and take your child on a fun journey.


*DisclaimerI was allowed to try out this product. This product was given to me for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and give my honest opinion on this product. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.


National Geographic Kids Almanac 2019


My oldest daughter really enjoyed looking through this book. I enjoyed looking through it with her as well. Such a fun experience! We explored, learned new information, and laughed our way through this exciting book. 

Are you ready to take an adventure?  National Geographic Kids Almanac 2019 is filled with amazing animals, science and technology, fun facts, jokes, and much more! 

We were able to read through some animal stories, we were able to learn new facts and there were fun games and jokes we enjoyed along the way as well. We really enjoyed the list of daring women in U.S. history.
Also under history happens we checked out the must-see sights. One of the must-see sights was Petra and it's located in Jordan.  It's in a 2,000-year-old ancient city and the buildings are carved into cliffs. Pretty cool huh?  

As mentioned before there are a lot of cool facts included in the book. Did you know that there is an endangered cactus known as the  Baseball Plant and it is only found in the deserts of South Africa? That's just one of the facts we found in the book.  They even included a quiz so that your kids can see what kind of explorers they are. 

I was very impressed with the National Geographic Kids Almanac 2019. It really did take us on a fun adventure and it was a great way to spend some one-on-one time with my oldest. We'll definitely continue to explore National Geographic Kids' books!


  • The National Geographic Kids Almanac 2019 typically retails for $14.99

    • Some features in the book include the 19 cutest animals amazing facts about Vikings and more.
    • Kids are invited to participate in the Lions Forever Almanac Challenge. Visit natgeokids.com/almanac for your chance to win a $500 gift card to host a lion conservation party!

    Explorer Academy: The Nebula Secret


    • Geared towards middle graders (8-12).
    • Fact-based-fiction series. Inspired by the real-life adventures of real National Geographic explorers.
    • Exploring cultures and diversity
    This fact-based fiction novel series was exciting on so many levels. My daughter said she felt like she was on an adventure from beginning to end.  This book was filled with code-breaking missions, puzzles, adventures, and exploring many cultures.

    The kids in this exciting novel series are to train at the Explorer Academy so that they can become the explorers of the next generation. They explore by looking for clues and breaking codes.

    The main characters in the story include Cruz Coronado, Lani Kealoha, Emmett Lu, Sailor York, and Marisol Coronado. You can visit Explorer Academy's main characters to learn more about these characters.
    This fact-based- fiction novel series was great for encouraging problem-solving and developing a sense of observation and reasoning.

    Sometimes it can be a challenge to get children to read. This book is a great way to get youngsters excited about literature. 
    To learn more about this book you can visit https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/explorer-academy/ where they have a video preview, additional information, as well as games.

    **If you send in your pre-order or purchase receipt for the Nebula Secret to National Geographic Kids you can receive a free digital issue of National Geographic Kids magazine featuring games from Explorer Academy. Be sure to email your receipt to exploreracademy@natgeo.com. **

    Where to purchase National Geographic Kids Almanac and Explorer Academy: The Nebula Secret


    Amazon
    Target
    Walmart
    Barnes & Noble
    Books-A-Million
    Hudson Booksellers
    IndieBound
    Powell's


    To learn more online visit



    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Crafting Personalized Thanksgiving Place Cards with Air Dry Clay and Pie Stamps

    Hey there! I am thrilled to introduce you to an exciting Thanksgiving craft that will add a wonderful touch to your holiday table. This project involves using air-dry clay and pie stamps to create personalized and unique place cards. Do not worry, I will provide you with a step-by-step guide throughout the entire process. Additionally, we will use paint, twine, and a brown paper bag to give our place cards a festive feel.  Materials needed Pie stamps which can be obtained from Joann's Acrylic paint  Air-dry clay A hole puncher Paintbrush Wooden beads Twine A brown paper bag (or any other material you prefer to use as a template), one pencil, and scissors. Working with air clay Begin by flattening the air-dry clay, using either your hands or a roller. Once the clay has been flattened, use the pie stamps to press your desired design into the clay. Following the stamping process, remove any excess clay around the outer edge of the stamp and use the stamp press to release your cla...

    Simple Diy Autumn Floral Arrangement

      This simple Autumn floral arrangement takes just a few materials.  And is a beautiful addition to any space!  Materials needed 1 metal pitcher -The metal pitcher that I am using was purchased at Target and was $3. 1 lighted leaf garland - I purchased this lighted leaf garland at my local Michael's Store It takes two double A batteries. 1  can of spray paint I wanted to add some color to my pitcher. For my pitcher, I am using spray paint purchased at my local Michael's store. The color is Espresso. Autumn floral I chose to go with some deep orange/yellow leaves, a few deep green leaves, and mini yellow sunflowers.  (orange leaves and green leaves were purchased at Target in the dollar section.  And mini Sunflowers were purchased from Michael's). Creating your Autumn arrangement When spraying your pitcher make sure that you cover your workspace. **A simple tip** When spraying make sure you apply it in light coats. This will help the spray paint from creatin...

    The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 153

      Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #153! I’m so happy you’re here! This is a warm and friendly gathering where you can share your amazing ideas—whether it's tasty recipes, fun family activities, creative crafts, home projects, or any other joyful inspirations. If you love finding new DIY ideas and learning from other bloggers, you’re in the perfect spot! Happy Friday! How was your week? I hope you all had a nice week. I've decided to completely dig up my flowerbeds and start each of them over next growing season. The heat did a number on my flowers this growing season. Our grass also did not do well this year. So now we are left with so many decisions about what to do next.  I'm excited to share the wonderful featured posts with everyone. As always, thank you to each of you who participates in the party each week. Congratulations  to our featured bloggers Agua Fresca Punch – Seasonal & Holiday Recipe Exchange A refreshing watermelon agua fresca that...

    Creating faux stained glass using plastic plates

    Learn how to create stunning faux stained glass using plastic plates with this easy and eco-friendly DIY project. Discover creative ways to reuse plastic plates and bring a beautiful stained glass effect to your home decor. Hi everyone! I'm excited to share a quick craft with all of you. I am reusing a plastic plate, giving it a stained glass look. I will run you through two options. I'm joining the Sustainable challenge with a group of other bloggers, sharing eco-friendly and sustainable craft ideas. This is my first time participating. I am thrilled to share this upcycled craft with you all. The theme this month is sunshine. I chose to go with this project since I had extra clear plastic plates stored away since my oldest turned 12 this past April. I purchased a pack around her birthday and stored away the plastic plates that weren't used.  Creating faux stained glass using plastic plates Materials One plastic plate One sheet of paper for creating a template Pencil Stenci...

    The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 152

      Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #152! I’m so happy you’re here! This is a warm and friendly gathering where you can share your amazing ideas—whether it's tasty recipes, fun family activities, creative crafts, home projects, or any other joyful inspirations. If you love finding new DIY ideas and learning from other bloggers, you’re in the perfect spot! Happy Friday! I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend. Congratulations  to our featured bloggers Rabbit in Carrot – Craft Attic Resources A sweet little felt rabbit tucked inside a carrot. Quick, cute, and perfect for spring or Easter crafting. Honey & Wheat Germ Bread – Scratch Made Food A wholesome whole‑grain loaf with honey and wheat germ. Easy, hearty, and great for everyday baking. Marbled Paper with Shaving Cream – Artful Analog A fun, colorful marbling project using shaving cream. Fast, kid‑friendly, and perfect for handmade papers. Splish Splash Summer Spotlight – Our Grand Lives A r...

    All content copyright 2010-2026

    I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.