Skip to main content

Books, and current happenings


Books and current happenings 

I recently checked out a few recipe books from the library.
Since we have had a lot of time at home, I figured we should try some new recipes.
I hope that I'm able to make a few of these recipes soon. 



Clean Eating For Every Season.
Alicia Tyler

This book is packed with delicious hearty meals, drink recipes, desserts,  and much more!
Each section is labeled by season. There is a section on organizing a clean kitchen and pantry.  She gives you steps on how to organize your kitchen for success. Also included is a section on organizing your fridge.  I started organizing a little more since I have more time, and it is summer break. 





Hungry Girl- Clean and hungry obsessed!
Lisa Lillien

This book is an all-natural recipe book that includes some amazing recipes!
I checked this book out because I was looking for a variety of recipes that used more of a natural approach. Also, the recipes are under a certain calorie count. (So if you're watching your diet, it could be useful.). This recipe book includes quick recipes, soups, desserts, dinner, breakfast, and much more.  Each page has a breakdown of calories for each dish, time for prep, cooking time, and of course, the ingredients list. 



The Dude Diet
Serena Wolf

I picked this book up for my husband. It is filled with some amazing recipes. Just to name a few recipes, Italian herb meatballs with spicy marinara,  skirt steak, avocado quesadillas, and fiesta BBQ chicken nachos. 

Are you reading any new books? 
If so, I'd love to hear about it. 


Current happenings


- Our days have been spent inside. - The weather has officially heated up. It isn't as hot as it was when I lived in Arizona, but I still prefer to stay cool inside.  These days, we all gather around the pool just to cool off. 


-My garden is doing well. Flowers continue to bloom, and my vegetables are growing.  Sadly, I only have one carrot that made it. - I'm excited to pull it, but I'll wait a little longer. 

-In the evening, we sit out and enjoy the cooler weather. I love these simple moments together with my family. - I look forward to sitting out once it cools off.


-Our AC unit broke - So now we're in the market for a new one. It has been a few days of running fans and keeping windows open in the evening.  


- My husband is still home! Haha, I mean, I love that he is home with us, but since COVID-19, he has been home with us for 3 months. He just got a call that he will return to work this month. One week on, one week off.  We will miss him when he returns to work, but I'm sure he is ready for our routine to return to normal.


- I really could use some wine. I just thought I'd add this to my current happenings. - Haha
I normally enjoy my morning cup of coffee, but I think I could use a glass of wine when I'm sitting out and enjoying the cool weather.



- My husband has been working on the backyard. So far, he has made stone steps, a raised garden, and a secret spot for me to enjoy my morning coffee.  He is currently working on building a pergola over our outdoor kitchen. - I'm excited to see how it all ends up. 


We have been enjoying our days at home.
Keeping busy and just enjoying our time together. 
How is life treating you? Do you have any new projects that you're working on?
Could you use some wine? - Serious question! Haha
Thanks so much for reading! 
I hope that you all have a lovely day.

❤

Stephanie

Comments

  1. Love hearing the current happenings! Girl, my son is going to grandmas tonight, and I may enjoy some wine. 😁👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, oooh girl enjoy that wine! I will have to get some wine maybe tomorrow. Thanks for reading my current happenings.

      Delete
  2. Yes, always a yes to wine! Haha my carrots did terrible too, I had 3 actually make it. I’m not sure what happened either. I love the “current happenings” concept you have! Makes it feel like we’re having a little conversation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, thank you.-Yes, always a yes to wine!- haha. I'm actually worried when I go to pull my carrot that it will look deformed. Not sure what to expect! And thank you, I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed my current happenings. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Dollar Tree Peel‑and‑Stick Wallpaper Box Makeover

I transformed a simple, everyday box into a beautiful and functional storage piece for my belongings. This makeover is both easy and budget-friendly, using affordable supplies from Dollar Tree along with some creative touches to enhance the box's appearance. With a few simple steps, you can create an attractive decorative storage box that can be styled in any room of your home. Whether you're looking to organize small items on your desk or add a pop of color to your living space, this project is versatile and practical. If you have a box that you're considering throwing away, think again! This DIY project not only gives new life to unused items but also allows you to showcase your creative side. Join me as I guide you through transforming an ordinary box into a charming accent piece you'll love to display. Watch the video tutorial Materials Peel‑and‑stick wallpaper (Dollar Tree) Gold acrylic paint Decorative edge scissors Adhesive gems Paintbrush Optional: greenery or s...

A Simple Winter Oatmeal Recipe.

Looking for a warm and cozy breakfast to start your day during the colder months? Try this nutritious winter oatmeal recipe! It's packed with healthy ingredients and is perfect for experimenting with new toppings. Get the recipe now and enjoy a delicious and hearty breakfast. A Simple Winter Oatmeal Recipe Ingredients: - 1 cup of almond milk (or any of your choice). You can use 1/2 cup if you prefer thicker oats. - 1/2 cup of quick oats - A small amount of vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon of wild blueberries (I used the Mariani Premium Wild Blueberries brand). - 1 tablespoon of granola (I used Clif brand granola mix with white chocolate Macadamia nut). - 1 tablespoon of dried cereal mix (I used Kashi Cinnamon Crisp). You can use any brand of your choice. Both the granola and dried cereal mix add a nice crunch to the oatmeal, while the blueberries provide a simple sweetness. Optional: - Honey - Brown sugar sprinkled - Agave syrup You can use any sw...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.