Skip to main content

Simple ways to stay motivated during your fitness journey


Here are some tips to help you stay motivated and achieve your fitness goals:

1. Choose or create a workout music playlist to keep yourself moving and energized. You can either create your own playlist or choose a music channel on a free music website.

2. Stay hydrated by keeping track of your water intake. Fill up two water bottles the night before - one with ice and a teaspoon of lemon for the morning, and another to take with you and refill as needed.

3. Create a fitness vision board featuring motivational quotes, inspiring images, and your fitness goals to stay motivated.

4. Reward yourself when you meet a goal with activities like taking a hot bath, enjoying your favorite treat, or doing something that makes you smile.

5. Share your accomplishments with friends and family to inspire others and stay accountable.

6. Join a local or online fitness group to stay on track and motivate others.

7. Keep a workout journal to track your progress, mood changes, food intake, and water consumption. You can also add motivational messages, quotes, and pictures.

8. Utilize free workout apps that provide a range of workouts to choose from.

9. Use a fitness tracker to keep track of your workouts, steps, food logging, and more. It will help keep you accountable and motivated.

10. Create a healthy meal plan with simple, clean ingredients and plenty of vegetables to keep you energized. Make a shopping list of healthy foods to help you stick to your plan.



Pin for later


Comments

  1. I would also add to workout with a partner to help you stay motivated. It has been a huge help for me! When I am by myself I am more likely to stop but working out with a partner forces me to push myself more. Music is also a huge motivator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, you are so right! My husband is my workout partner for now. We push each other to the finish line. It sure does feel great having a workout partner. :)

      Delete
  2. Meal planning is a must and I also love the idea of a vision board. Music is a must and without it working out is not the same x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, very true! Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. Great advice! I definitely noticed a difference in my fitness level when I purchased my Garmin. Not only does it show me how active I've been, reminding me when I need to get up and move, but it's also connected to a community of other fitness lovers. I can check into the app, see what they have been up to and allow it to motivate me moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britt, thank you! Yes I love how the watches have those reminders. I think it is great. A community with other fitness lovers is wonderful as well. It really keeps us motivated! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. These are great tips! Lately, I've enjoyed using workout apps. They pretty much do all the tracking for you. I am enjoying Nike Training Club... check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nkem, that is awesome! Yes I love using my fitness watch. :) I'll check them out.

      Delete
  5. Fitness regimen is so addictive. Some very good tips here. I remember when I first started using a treadmill after I purchased one spending a handsome amount I really hated getting on it. But after a couple of days I would wait for evening as the feeling after completing my walk was such a fantastic one.I still walk regularly and use music as a support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great! Yes after you get the hang of it, and star a routine up it becomes so much easier. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  6. Great tips! Loosing motivation happens all the time and it's important to fight it and find new ways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyosha, thanks! Yes finding new ways will continue to keep you motivated. :)

      Delete
  7. I keep track of my steps and water intake in my planner every day. I open it up every week, to address goals and see where I need to improve or put my focus, and not just on exercise. I use the same method for my blogging goals and more as well. Writing it down in black and white in front of me is so helpful! It really puts things in perspective. Writing things down is an amazing tool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica, I agree I write everything down! It really does come in handy. I have a few journals that I keep. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Staying motivated during any fitness journey is something within mind over matter. What I mean is don't settle and lose control. Keep changing workouts. Don't get in a rythme of looking at others and comparing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree don't go comparing yourself, and your goals.

      Delete
  9. Some great tips here! I especially like the one about telling others. I recently started a 31-day plan that I committed to sharing with my 1400+ followers on Twitter at the end. Imagine having to tell them all at the end that I didn't exercise at all - impossible. It really forces me to get the workout done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, that is so awesome that you started a 31-day plan! And yes staying motivated, and keeping others motivated is just a wonderful feeling! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  10. Setting goals and working out with a buddy really keeps me motivated. I do use a fitness tracker, as well, and music when I'm walking alone (my workouts are always walking or step aerobics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips. The playlist and the apps would be really helpful to me. :) Visiting from the Dare to Share linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great ideas! Consistently working out is one thing I really need to work on; it is so easy for me to talk myself out of my morning workout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, I am right there with you. I actually took a week off while my husband took leave from work. I'll be starting back on Monday.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.