Skip to main content

Simple Activities To Do At Home This Holiday Season

Looking for simple and fun activities to do at home during the holiday season? Check out this list of ideas for enjoyable and festive activities that the whole family can enjoy from the comfort of your own home.




Here are some fun holiday activities that you can do with your family and friends:

Make a wreath: Get creative and make a festive wreath for your front door. You can use materials such as pine cones, holly, or even candy canes to make it unique 
Bake holiday treats: Spend some quality time in the kitchen with your loved ones and bake some delicious holiday treats. You can try making gingerbread cookies, peppermint bark, or even eggnog 

Create a holiday book basket: Fill a basket with your favorite holiday books and set it next to your favorite reading spot. This is a great way to relax and enjoy the holiday season 

Make your own holiday scents: Fill a pot with water and add ingredients such as orange, cloves, rosemary, fresh cranberries, nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon sticks. Simmer on your stovetop for a few hours and enjoy the amazing aroma.

Create a holiday playlist: Put together a playlist of your favorite holiday songs and enjoy it while wrapping gifts, cooking, or decorating.

Host a virtual holiday party: With many of us staying home this year, hosting a virtual party is a great way to stay connected with family and friends. You can share stories, recipes, laughter, and much more!

Enjoy free painting tutorials: Check out free art tutorial channels on YouTube for winter and holiday tutorials. You can create your very own painting or just enjoy watching someone create art.

I hope these ideas help you have a wonderful holiday season!

What activities will you be doing this holiday season? I'd love to hear all about them in the comments below!


Pin/save/share for later


Comments

  1. What great ideas for holiday-related activities around the house! My favorites here would be creating a holiday recipe book and creating a holiday playlist. Food and Christmas music are always a big hit around here during the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole,
      thank you! I'm so happy you enjoyed the holiday recipe book, and the holiday playlist idea! I think we could all use some extra cheer these days.

      Delete
  2. I love these!
    I had not thought of a painting tutorial, but that sure sounds like fun!
    We are also keeping journals this winter so that the children can one day show them to their children, when discussing this pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!
      We love painting tutorials, and it always seems like a fun time for the whole family. I also keeping journals as well. It will definitely be nice looking back on what everyone had to say about what is currently going on in the world.

      Delete
  3. These are some great ideas to make the most of this extra time we are spending at home. I've already started giving some new recipes a try and I've been dedicating time to learning new creative skills - like video editing! We are so lucky to have access to video chatting, I have family scattered all over the world that I haven't seen in a very long time, so it's nice to talk and physically see them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LuLu,
      aw I'm so happy that you are able to video chat with your family.
      It is nice being able to still keep in contact with family when they are far away. I love that you are learning a new creative skill as well. Video editing sounds great!! I'd love to one day give that a try. :)

      Delete
  4. I love the idea to actually publish a recipe book. I for one am ALWAYS losing recipes that people have texted to me (my mom gets so annoyed!). This is a really cool idea and a great way to keep track of family recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love having recipes either printed off, or written down. I normally will put them in a folder with a document protector. It definitely comes in handy, and I am sure your mom would appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  5. Great activities! We always make the traditional Swiss cookies for Christmas, and it would be a nice idea to write them all down in a recipe book.
    Another thing I've been doing since the start of the pandemic is live group chats every week. It's been lovely to keep in touch this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swiss cookies sound delicious! And yes that would be a great way to save them in a recipe book. Group chats have been amazing during this pandemic.

      Delete
  6. I've been contemplating gathering my favorite recipes! I know I have a bunch in my blog, but I seriously need to organize them and send family-favorites to everyone. That is actually a great Christmas gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica, that would be awesome to send family your favorite recipes. I am sure they would appreciate that very much! --I'd go as far as saying, they would love it! I love new recipes. :)

      Delete
  7. Some great activities to do at home. Especially useful this year when we need to stay home more. I love finding new ideas that can become traditions for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually like the recipe book idea. A fun way to be creative and part our favourite food together in a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia! I think it is a nice one as well.

      Delete
  9. Creating a book basket would certainly be the best activity for me. However taking a painting tutorial would really be fun when I can go back to being a child again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might enjoy the painting tutorial! It is so much fun. :)

      Delete
  10. We're definitely going to be making use of the video chat option this holiday season. My family all lives approximately 6 hours away (pending traffic) and with areas of the province moving into the higher levels of lockdown (including the one that I currently live in), that trip isn't going to happen this year. That isn't going to stop us from celebrating together at a distance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britt, I'm so happy to hear that you aren't going to let that stop you from celebrating with family over live chat! I love hearing this.

      Delete
  11. Steph, what great ideas! Love these.
    Visiting today from Will Blog For Comments 15 #14&15

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great ideas. A virtual party would be fun. We did that during the pandemic for Mother's Day and Father's Day, and I made Kahoot games that we could play, with family questions, which was so much fun. It would be a good way to get together at Christmas as well for those of us far away. Thank you for sharing this post at the Will Blog for Comments #15 linkup. Hope to see you there next week, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, aw I love Kahoot. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time.

      Delete
  13. Hi Stephanie! Such wonderful and festive holiday ideas to share with loved ones! 💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

A Simple Winter Oatmeal Recipe.

Looking for a warm and cozy breakfast to start your day during the colder months? Try this nutritious winter oatmeal recipe! It's packed with healthy ingredients and is perfect for experimenting with new toppings. Get the recipe now and enjoy a delicious and hearty breakfast. A Simple Winter Oatmeal Recipe Ingredients: - 1 cup of almond milk (or any of your choice). You can use 1/2 cup if you prefer thicker oats. - 1/2 cup of quick oats - A small amount of vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon of wild blueberries (I used the Mariani Premium Wild Blueberries brand). - 1 tablespoon of granola (I used Clif brand granola mix with white chocolate Macadamia nut). - 1 tablespoon of dried cereal mix (I used Kashi Cinnamon Crisp). You can use any brand of your choice. Both the granola and dried cereal mix add a nice crunch to the oatmeal, while the blueberries provide a simple sweetness. Optional: - Honey - Brown sugar sprinkled - Agave syrup You can use any sw...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.