Skip to main content

Three Dollar Chalkboard Re-do


 Hello, my lovely crafters! I went to the Dollar Tree and found this simple wooden chalkboard for three dollars. I was pretty excited because I love a quick and easy re-do project. You can find all the materials for this fun craft at Dollar Tree, or any craft store. 

Materials needed

One wooden chalkboard 

Paint- I'm using bright magenta, and black

Gems

Pop-up butterfly stickers

Paintbrush

Hot glue

Succulents- Just a few smaller succulents 

Start by applying paint to your chalkboard. I painted my bright magenta around the outer section just around the chalkboard section.


Next, take your black paint and apply it to the bottom section near the hooks on your chalkboard. I also went around the sides, and top of my chalkboard with my black paint. Once you have applied your paint, allow it to fully dry.



Next, take your succulents and begin to glue them onto your chalkboard. I used just a little hot glue to add them onto my chalkboard. I glued my succulents on the left bottom corner just above the painted black section. 



Now you are ready to add on your pop-up butterfly stickers. I found this pack at my local Dollar Tree store. You can either stick them on or use just a little hot glue when adding them onto your board. I decided to use just a little glue on the backs of each of them.

After you add on your butterflies, take your craft gems, and begin to add them. I randomly glued a few onto my board.

Your chalkboard re-do is now complete, and it is just so fun! I love how it came together, and I just love how colorful, and fun it is.--It is perfect for quick reminders, positive sayings, or just other quick notes!  I hope you enjoyed this quick, and easy craft. Be sure to let me know if you decide to create one too! 

Be sure to visit my second blog which I dedicate to just crafts over at --stephcreatesthingsdiyhomeandcrafts














Pin/Share/Save

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eco-Friendly Craft: Create a beautiful Winter Tree Scenery using Cardboard

  Learn how to create a stunning winter tree scenery using eco-friendly materials like cardboard in this DIY craft tutorial. Embrace your creativity and make a beautiful and sustainable decoration for the winter season. I am excited to be participating in the Sustainable Challenge along with a group of fellow bloggers. We will be sharing eco-friendly and sustainable craft ideas. I cannot wait to share my upcycled craft with you all. The theme for this month is Christmas.  For my project, I chose to repurpose some old cardboard. I believe that using household items in crafting is a great choice. Today, I am excited to share with you a beautiful Winter Tree scenery that I created using cardboard and a few other materials. If you're ready, I would love for you to join me and recreate it. Video tutorial Materials needed for your cardboard craft project: Cardboard Acrylic paint Tissue paper Holiday stencils Paintbrush Scissors Mod Podge Faux snow Paper tree template  Any decorations suc

10 Favorite Summer Quotes

As we approach summer... Let us enjoy these beautiful moments. Be thankful.  Be in the moment.  Embrace each day. Hug the people we love. Spread kindness. Say hello to a stranger. Dance to our favorite song. Play with our children. Cook a favorite meal. Create something new. Just be. Enjoy this list of my 10 favorite summer quotes below Do you have a favorite summer quote?  If so, I'd love to know what it is.  Leave a comment below!  May your days be filled with happiness. Pin it for later

Spring Refresh: Mini Clip Photo Frame Hack for Seasonal Decor

  Are you ready to spruce up your living space this spring? If yes, I have an easy and inexpensive DIY project for you. We will use one of Dollar Tree's mini clip photo frames to create a mini spring display that will complement your existing spring decor. This fun craft project can also be added to a tiered tray.  I'll provide you with a full list of materials below. Materials needed Mini clip photo frame Acrylic paint Decorative floral napkin  Mod Podge  Paintbrush Optional paper flower embellishment/magnet for hanging on the refrigerator Letter stamps and stamp ink pad Scissors Step One: Applying Paint to the Photo Frame Start by taking a paintbrush and applying paint to the frame. I chose to paint my frame white. It took me about two coats of paint to give it complete coverage. Set your frame aside and let it dry. Step Two: Cutting the Napkin Use scissors to cut out any floral designs from your napkin that you want to use in your design. I cut a few leaves and mini flowers

Archive

Show more

Labels

Show more

All content copyright 2010-2024

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.