Skip to main content

Upcycling an older craft

 Happy New Year! I hope this year is a great one for all of you. Today we are going to transform an old craft that I created on my craft blog. I'm often asked do I reuse my materials when I create a new craft. At times I do. I love upcycling, and reusing older crafts especially if they are reusable and in great condition. I'm taking a craft I created for the 4th of July, and creating a simple hanging design that is perfect for displaying on Valentine's day or even in the Spring time.





Materials

One wooden truck decor
One small bamboo ring
One wooden heart
Floral
Acrylic paint
Hot glue
Optional- floral stickers
Paintbrush


Begin by adding paint to your truck. I decided to repaint my truck white. 



Next, apply your acrylic paint to your bamboo ring. Since I am reusing materials, my bamboo ring already had my twine attached to it for hanging. 


After, use your hot glue to attach your floral to the back of your truck bed. Once you have done this, take your truck and glue it to your ring using your hot glue.


Once you have added your truck, and floral, take your wooden heart and glue that to your ring. After, take your floral stickers and add them to your truck. Your hanging truck decoration is complete and ready to be displayed. I really love how easy this craft was. It is so easy to upcycle an older craft. 
Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to create with you again soon!


pin share save



Comments

  1. How creative! Love how you added the plants to the back of the truck. Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 97. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you! I think I will be showing a few more upcycled crafts. I love the reusing materials in crafts so that it doesn't go to waste. :) Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous upcycle! I’d love for you to join us over at the Creative Crafts Linky Party every Wednesday through Sunday
    https://creativelybeth.com/creative-crafts-linky-party/
    Followed and Pinned! 🙂
    Creatively, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, thank you so much! I will be sure to stop by.

      Delete
  3. CONGRATS Stephanie! Your post is FEATURED at the Unlimited Link Party 98!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just looking at a vintage car similar to yours and trying to decide whether or not to keep it. You've definitely convinced me I need to recycle it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that this has convinced you to recycle it. I am always so happy to hear this. ☺️

      Delete
  5. Very creative and cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph this is such a great idea. This is so cute. And I have to tell you that farm truck is my favorite.
    Thanks bunches for sharing this with Sweet Tea & Friends this month dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, aw thank you. 😊 I thought it was such a simple upcycle. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

Easy Floral Decoupage Idea for Faux Pumpkin Display

 Hi everyone! I'm excited to share a simple and easy floral pumpkin design you can create quickly. Today, we will make a faux floral pumpkin display using decoupage and a few additional designs. I'm reusing a foam pumpkin that I bought at Dollar Tree. If you’re ready, let’s begin creating an easy floral decoupage faux pumpkin display! Quick video tutorial **Materials needed:** - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Floral napkin - Faux pearls - Faux flowers - Craft knife - Scissors - Mod Podge Carefully remove the top of your pumpkin. I used my craft knife to go around the top section, creating a hole at the top. Using a paintbrush, apply acrylic paint to the pumpkin. I chose to paint mine black. Next, use scissors to cut out a few flowers from your napkin. Make sure to remove the second layer of the napkin before cutting out the designs.   Once you have your floral designs cut out, use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge to the pumpkin. While the Mod Podge is wet, add the floral napkin c...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Create an Easy Fall Sign: DIY Tutorial with Faux Leaves and Thankful Design

  Learn how to create a beautiful fall sign with faux leaves and a thankful design in this easy DIY tutorial. Get creative with this fun craft project for the autumn season. I am thrilled to share with you an easy craft that involves making a wonderful fall sign using faux fall leaves and a beautiful thankful design. I used a decorative napkin that I had purchased earlier from Hobby Lobby for the thankful design.  The faux leaves used in this craft are from a wonderful fall party confetti pack that I also bought from Hobby Lobby. This pack consists of 300 assorted fall leaves, which means I will be using more of these wonderful leaves in other crafts too. If you are interested, I would love to take you through the process I used to create my wonderful fall sign. Materials Assorted faux fall leaves One floral craft ring (The size I am using is 6inches) One decorative napkin Paintbrush One wooden pumpkin Acrylic paint Twine Wooden Pumpkin Mod Podge Mini iron Adding the napkin to...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.