Skip to main content

DIY Sweet Notes Valentine's Display: Easy Framed Chalkboard

 Hi everyone! I’m excited that you decided to join me today. We’re going to create an adorable framed chalkboard to display those sweet Valentine's notes. This is a simple project, and you might already have most of the materials on hand. If not, you can find most of these supplies at a discount craft store. I picked up a few items at Dollar Tree, but many I already had. I would love for you to create alongside me!

Framed chalkboard display with hearts

Quick Video Tutorial

Materials for framed Valentine's chalkboard

 Materials Needed:

- One frame (I am using a 4 x 6-inch frame)

- Paint for the frame (any color of your choice)

- Paintbrush

- Mod Podge

- Decorative tissue paper

- Wooden decorative hearts

- Chalkboard paint

- Chalk

- Scissors


Paint and wooden frame

Remove the cardboard insert from the frame and set it aside. Using a paintbrush, apply paint to the frame. I chose pink for mine. After painting, allow the frame to dry completely.

Cardboard and chalkboard paint

 Next, paint the cardboard insert you set aside earlier with chalkboard paint. Allow the paint to dry between each coat. I applied two coats for full coverage. Set it aside to dry, or you can use a heating tool to speed up the process.

Painted frame, tissue paper, and Mod Podge

 Cut a section of your decorative tissue paper. For this project, I chose a heart design. I cut two sections to add to the top and bottom of the frame.

Decorative tissue paper, frame, and paintbrush

Take a paintbrush and apply Mod Podge to the top section of the frame. Next, place the tissue paper on top and smooth it out. You can use a heating tool to help it set. Repeat this process by applying a thin layer of Mod Podge over the decorative paper. Follow the same steps for the bottom section of the frame. Feel free to use the technique that works best for you; I like to use a mini iron and parchment paper for added ease.

Frame with heart design

 Reinsert the cardboard into the frame before adding your embellishments. I chose to add wooden hearts with a sticky backing that I found at my local Dollar Tree.

Decorative painted  frame with chalk

Finally, use chalk to write your sweet note to your Valentine.

I love how easy this was to create! I’ve always enjoyed working with frames and making quick and simple crafts that everyone can enjoy. I hope you enjoyed this project too! Be sure to let me know if you create one as well. Thanks for stopping by, and I’ll see you soon!

Pin Share Save

Pinterest pin for framed chalkboard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

Easy Floral Decoupage Idea for Faux Pumpkin Display

 Hi everyone! I'm excited to share a simple and easy floral pumpkin design you can create quickly. Today, we will make a faux floral pumpkin display using decoupage and a few additional designs. I'm reusing a foam pumpkin that I bought at Dollar Tree. If you’re ready, let’s begin creating an easy floral decoupage faux pumpkin display! Quick video tutorial **Materials needed:** - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Floral napkin - Faux pearls - Faux flowers - Craft knife - Scissors - Mod Podge Carefully remove the top of your pumpkin. I used my craft knife to go around the top section, creating a hole at the top. Using a paintbrush, apply acrylic paint to the pumpkin. I chose to paint mine black. Next, use scissors to cut out a few flowers from your napkin. Make sure to remove the second layer of the napkin before cutting out the designs.   Once you have your floral designs cut out, use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge to the pumpkin. While the Mod Podge is wet, add the floral napkin c...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Create an Easy Fall Sign: DIY Tutorial with Faux Leaves and Thankful Design

  Learn how to create a beautiful fall sign with faux leaves and a thankful design in this easy DIY tutorial. Get creative with this fun craft project for the autumn season. I am thrilled to share with you an easy craft that involves making a wonderful fall sign using faux fall leaves and a beautiful thankful design. I used a decorative napkin that I had purchased earlier from Hobby Lobby for the thankful design.  The faux leaves used in this craft are from a wonderful fall party confetti pack that I also bought from Hobby Lobby. This pack consists of 300 assorted fall leaves, which means I will be using more of these wonderful leaves in other crafts too. If you are interested, I would love to take you through the process I used to create my wonderful fall sign. Materials Assorted faux fall leaves One floral craft ring (The size I am using is 6inches) One decorative napkin Paintbrush One wooden pumpkin Acrylic paint Twine Wooden Pumpkin Mod Podge Mini iron Adding the napkin to...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.