Skip to main content

The place we call HOME.

Since moving to Colorado, (from Arizona) some time back, I've fallen in love with this place I call home.
It's beautiful, the people here seem so down to earth, and I'm in love with being out in nature. They have so many trails, and nature centers. We love taking our daughter to the park, museum, children events, and more!
 Our beautiful  daughter was born here on the military post back in 2011. Colorado is where we bought our now 6 year old pug, who we love dearly. We have attended wine festivals, local farmers market, and  have experienced the lovely sounds of the symphony. (I absolutely love their Christmas performances)
Lately I've been praying that all of us experiencing this heat could see some rain very soon. This heat hasn't helped with the fires, and I know all of us here are praying that we can get some moisture soon. Last year everyone came together when we had the Waldo fire, and now we as a community are coming together  once again. In the midst of all of these unfortunate events, I have been enjoying time with my family.
 We have been enjoying my husband's last week of being on leave. It's nice having him home and enjoying more of his company during the day. We have been taking family walks, attending summer programs at our local library, and just being together as a family. It has been so nice. So how's your summer going so far? Where do you call home?

  
“May you live every day of your life.”
― Jonathan Swift

 
 
 
 
 
The sky looked beautiful on one of our family walks.
We also spotted a few horses who were also enjoying an evening out.
 


We took a trip down to  Denver Children's museum, what an exciting trip for our daughter.
It was filled with exploring, learning, and her favorite,bubbles! :)
 
 
One of the summer library events-Rumpus world Circus.
They did some juggling, dancing, and a whole lot of silliness for the kids!
We had a fun time.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Your pictures are great. We lived in Florida for 18 years but for the last 7 we've called Michigan home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. Oh how nice, I've known a few people to call Michigan their home as well. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colorado sounds wonderful but I do home you get relief from the heat. Thanks for taking me along with you to see the horses, the clowns and the beauty around you.
    Jayne
    Handmade Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Jayne, your comments always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know our kids were about the same age! But your little one is for sure doing much more than my little man is. I think girls just do things so much faster. We are just finally coloring with crayons. :P I'm happy to say that we have called AZ home for amost 6 years now and we are getting ready to find a new home somewhere else I'm excited to see where we go. I bet CO is just a stunning place to live and raise your sweet little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dina, your little man will certainly enjoy arts and crafts soon! I started so early with our daughter, that even when she didn't participate, she would watch. :) How exciting that you will be on a new adventure to some place new. Can't wait to hear about your travels. Colorado is wonderful, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 110

Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #110! This party offers a platform for sharing inspiring content, including recipes, family-friendly blog posts, crafts, home décor, and other uplifting ideas. Hello everyone! How was your week? Is the weather cooling off where you live? I hope you are all doing well. Thank you to those who took the time to check out our Milwaukee trip post; your kindness and thoughtfulness mean a lot to me.  Last weekend, the girls and I harvested peppers from the garden. Before we left for our trip to Milwaukee, we checked the garden and saw a few peppers; however, after our return, there were even more. This weekend, we'll be doing some organizing and making repairs on a cracked section of our front porch.   As always, I appreciate each of you and thank you for joining us here every week. I enjoy reading all of your posts and am grateful to have you as part of this community! The peppers we harvested from the garden Congratulations to our fe...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.