Skip to main content

Weekend Moments.



We had such a lovely weekend. We played, danced, laughed, made cute crafts, and just enjoyed being a family.
 
This weekend my husband and daughter enjoyed some craft time together. They made paper plate fish. I absolutely love watching them spend quality time together. Our little one really seemed to have enjoyed this time with her daddy.
 
 
 
 
Saturday morning, a little after breakfast my daughter and I enjoyed some time out on the back porch. She colored for a little, and I enjoyed my cup of coffee. It was so nice out. We had a nice breeze, and the birds were chirping. It was wonderful.
 
 
We took out some of my daughters' counting foam blocks and attempted to sort them by color. She rather mix them all up and toss them around.  :) We eventually sorted them all out as we counted them. 
 
 
This weekend we enjoyed some time reading some of our daughters' favorite books. We really enjoy reading to her. She loves snuggling up and grabbing a book or two. As a mother, this is one of my favorite times spent with my daughter.
 
 
 
 
We took an old Gerber snack can and turned it into a play drum. Our daughter had so much fun making music, and dancing around. We always have such lovely weekends together. We ended the weekend with grilling and some wine for my husband and me. We sat out last night and enjoyed the nice cool breeze, while we talked about the future. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend spent with the ones you love.
 

Comments

  1. What a lovely weekend you had. I love the way you appreciate the little things, like playing and creating with your daughter. She will always remember these times with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I appreciate your kind words. I want her to always remember the times we spent, and just know that I cherish her so much. Thank you for your lovely comment~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie!
    You're are just too sweet to mention me here! You've been a wonderful blog buddy and I enjoy stopping by your blog to see what you've been up to. You remind me that each moment with our loved ones are so special. I look back at the times that I crafted with my l'il ones, like you are doing now, and remember how much fun we had. I tend to forget but you pull me back to that time and prompt me to continue to make good memories. You're beautiful. Hugs...Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe Jayne thank you so much! You're always so kind, and I'm so happy to be your blog buddy. You always leave such sweet comments, and I am so happy to be able to take you back to the time you once crafted with your children. You're too sweet Jayne, thank you for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie,

    So just for a quarter of a second the mom in me was so jealous cause you and your daughter do all these crafty things and have fun with art together. And I have tried many of the things you have suggested and they have all ended in less then 5 minutes.

    Then it occured to me that your child is not my child and he won't act they way yours does. And then I totally found it dumb to be feeling that way. Because we just do different things that HE enjoys doing like reading books and going to the library. LOL he just isn't interested in crafty stuff which I guess is the boy in him. He can't take apart crayons or dissect paint. LOL

    I do love your posts and I try most of the time to take them into practice and a lot of the things like those cute bags for gifts are always inspiration for me with my photography!

    I'm glad you had a fabulous
    weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dina, I absolutely love the fact that you are being honest! Don't worry about feeling that way. And it's true your child is different from mine, that's what makes them their own person. It's a wonderful thing!

    Boys will be boys! ;) I'm sure if our next child is a boy he wont be as into crafts as our daughter is.

    I'm just happy to have you as one of my lovely readers. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts Dina. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun with your little one. I miss those times since mine have grow up. I still enjoy my time with them, just miss the simple ness of the young years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true! I'm sure if we have a girl next, it'll be completely different. :) Although I do enjoy spending my time outside with my boy chasing him in the dirt and helping him catch bugs. He is such a boy. Thank you Stephanie for your kind words. And you never know all boys are different too! Hahah if we had another boy I'm sure he'd be nothing like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dina, you're so welcome! :) It's definitely true all children are different. Oh and I bet your son loves having his mom chase him around outside. Our daughter loves chasing daddy, and riding on daddy's back. I love watching them play. (They play way different than how her and I do)

    Betty, awe, I bet you have tons of photos to look back on of your children. I take so many! :) I'm really enjoying this stage. Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

Dollar Tree Peel‑and‑Stick Wallpaper Box Makeover

I transformed a simple, everyday box into a beautiful and functional storage piece for my belongings. This makeover is both easy and budget-friendly, using affordable supplies from Dollar Tree along with some creative touches to enhance the box's appearance. With a few simple steps, you can create an attractive decorative storage box that can be styled in any room of your home. Whether you're looking to organize small items on your desk or add a pop of color to your living space, this project is versatile and practical. If you have a box that you're considering throwing away, think again! This DIY project not only gives new life to unused items but also allows you to showcase your creative side. Join me as I guide you through transforming an ordinary box into a charming accent piece you'll love to display. Watch the video tutorial Materials Peel‑and‑stick wallpaper (Dollar Tree) Gold acrylic paint Decorative edge scissors Adhesive gems Paintbrush Optional: greenery or s...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.