Skip to main content

Rain, Sunshine, Baking and more!

 
 
What a lovely weekend it has been! Thursday we enjoyed some light rain. This weekend the weather went from cool, back to warmer temps. I've been enjoying opening up the windows and hanging a few clothes out on our portable clothesline. (We recently bought it, and I love it) I still use our dryer, but I like to change it up sometime. I've also been enjoying the time we spend out on our porch. I can't wait for Fall weather to arrive.

 
It's nice seeing some color in our vegetable garden.  Our daughter loves helping with picking tomatoes from the vine. We bought a few different pepper plants, and last weekend we cooked up a dish using some jalapenos from the garden. Our plan for our tomatoes is to add them when we make our chicken kabobs.
 
Over the weekend my husband decided to make some Jerky. We picked up Jerky cure and seasoning from  Sportsmen's warehouse. He made chicken and steak jerky. They turned out delicious! :)


This morning, I made some delicious blueberry donuts with glaze. I found this wonderful recipe over at Hearts in my oven. I came across the recipe on Pinterest (which of course I pinned) Then I visited her blog, and was thrilled to make baked donuts with our morning coffee. They turned out wonderful. My husband and I enjoyed them with our morning coffee, and our daughter had them with a glass of cold milk. What a lovely morning treat it was for us all.
 
I've been putting together little busy trays for our daughter. This one included stamps, stickers, Popsicle sticks, and cut-out shapes. I also dropped in crayons, and strips of paper. She's been practicing cutting paper with her safety scissors. Each tray will have a few different activities.
 
My husband and I enjoyed a nice Date this afternoon. While out this weekend we picked up some paint, and two canvases.  During our daughter's nap, we enjoyed some time painting together. We watched a watercolor painting tutorial on YouTube.
I can definitely see adding this to our date list. We had a great time! 
 
 

How did you spend your weekend? Did you do any baking or any fun activity?
I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend with your loved ones! And also thank you to my new readers, and Google + followers, so happy to have you with me on this wonderful journey. Welcome!
 
 

Comments

  1. It looks like you had an absolutely perfect weekend! :) My weekend was relaxing, yet rewarding. I got lots of cleaning done, and spent time with my little fella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice weekend. We love our food dehydrator, you can make so many great things with them. Your watercolored canvases are gorgeous! They look professional. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melly, thank you! We really did enjoy the weekend. I would have loved if the weather would have been a bit cooler. :) But I'll take it, at least we spent time as a family. Sounds like you got a lot done! That's always a good thing. Happy to hear you were able to spend time with your little fella. Thank you for stopping by! :)

    Jennifer, thank you so much! We had so much fun painting. :) And you are right, you can make so many things with the dehydrator. It's wonderful! Thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie looks like you had an amazing weekend! We had a really mellow weekend. Since I am leaving for MD for 3 months we are just spending time together before I go. Lot's of cleaning and packing going on though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dina, thank you! Mellow weekends are always so nice, and relaxing. Have a safe trip to MD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by from bloggy moms. Following you on bloglovin'. Here is my blog www.fashionostamomma.com. Love all your crafting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fashionista Momma, thank you for stopping by and becoming my newest reader. I'll be sure to check your blog out! I appreciate your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 110

Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #110! This party offers a platform for sharing inspiring content, including recipes, family-friendly blog posts, crafts, home décor, and other uplifting ideas. Hello everyone! How was your week? Is the weather cooling off where you live? I hope you are all doing well. Thank you to those who took the time to check out our Milwaukee trip post; your kindness and thoughtfulness mean a lot to me.  Last weekend, the girls and I harvested peppers from the garden. Before we left for our trip to Milwaukee, we checked the garden and saw a few peppers; however, after our return, there were even more. This weekend, we'll be doing some organizing and making repairs on a cracked section of our front porch.   As always, I appreciate each of you and thank you for joining us here every week. I enjoy reading all of your posts and am grateful to have you as part of this community! The peppers we harvested from the garden Congratulations to our fe...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.