Skip to main content

Rain, Sunshine, Baking and more!

 
 
What a lovely weekend it has been! Thursday we enjoyed some light rain. This weekend the weather went from cool, back to warmer temps. I've been enjoying opening up the windows and hanging a few clothes out on our portable clothesline. (We recently bought it, and I love it) I still use our dryer, but I like to change it up sometime. I've also been enjoying the time we spend out on our porch. I can't wait for Fall weather to arrive.

 
It's nice seeing some color in our vegetable garden.  Our daughter loves helping with picking tomatoes from the vine. We bought a few different pepper plants, and last weekend we cooked up a dish using some jalapenos from the garden. Our plan for our tomatoes is to add them when we make our chicken kabobs.
 
Over the weekend my husband decided to make some Jerky. We picked up Jerky cure and seasoning from  Sportsmen's warehouse. He made chicken and steak jerky. They turned out delicious! :)


This morning, I made some delicious blueberry donuts with glaze. I found this wonderful recipe over at Hearts in my oven. I came across the recipe on Pinterest (which of course I pinned) Then I visited her blog, and was thrilled to make baked donuts with our morning coffee. They turned out wonderful. My husband and I enjoyed them with our morning coffee, and our daughter had them with a glass of cold milk. What a lovely morning treat it was for us all.
 
I've been putting together little busy trays for our daughter. This one included stamps, stickers, Popsicle sticks, and cut-out shapes. I also dropped in crayons, and strips of paper. She's been practicing cutting paper with her safety scissors. Each tray will have a few different activities.
 
My husband and I enjoyed a nice Date this afternoon. While out this weekend we picked up some paint, and two canvases.  During our daughter's nap, we enjoyed some time painting together. We watched a watercolor painting tutorial on YouTube.
I can definitely see adding this to our date list. We had a great time! 
 
 

How did you spend your weekend? Did you do any baking or any fun activity?
I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend with your loved ones! And also thank you to my new readers, and Google + followers, so happy to have you with me on this wonderful journey. Welcome!
 
 

Comments

  1. It looks like you had an absolutely perfect weekend! :) My weekend was relaxing, yet rewarding. I got lots of cleaning done, and spent time with my little fella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice weekend. We love our food dehydrator, you can make so many great things with them. Your watercolored canvases are gorgeous! They look professional. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melly, thank you! We really did enjoy the weekend. I would have loved if the weather would have been a bit cooler. :) But I'll take it, at least we spent time as a family. Sounds like you got a lot done! That's always a good thing. Happy to hear you were able to spend time with your little fella. Thank you for stopping by! :)

    Jennifer, thank you so much! We had so much fun painting. :) And you are right, you can make so many things with the dehydrator. It's wonderful! Thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie looks like you had an amazing weekend! We had a really mellow weekend. Since I am leaving for MD for 3 months we are just spending time together before I go. Lot's of cleaning and packing going on though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dina, thank you! Mellow weekends are always so nice, and relaxing. Have a safe trip to MD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by from bloggy moms. Following you on bloglovin'. Here is my blog www.fashionostamomma.com. Love all your crafting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fashionista Momma, thank you for stopping by and becoming my newest reader. I'll be sure to check your blog out! I appreciate your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Please know that it is appreciated. I try my best to respond to every comment. If you have a question feel free and ask.

Popular posts from this blog

Eco-Friendly Craft: Create a beautiful Winter Tree Scenery using Cardboard

  Learn how to create a stunning winter tree scenery using eco-friendly materials like cardboard in this DIY craft tutorial. Embrace your creativity and make a beautiful and sustainable decoration for the winter season. I am excited to be participating in the Sustainable Challenge along with a group of fellow bloggers. We will be sharing eco-friendly and sustainable craft ideas. I cannot wait to share my upcycled craft with you all. The theme for this month is Christmas.  For my project, I chose to repurpose some old cardboard. I believe that using household items in crafting is a great choice. Today, I am excited to share with you a beautiful Winter Tree scenery that I created using cardboard and a few other materials. If you're ready, I would love for you to join me and recreate it. Video tutorial Materials needed for your cardboard craft project: Cardboard Acrylic paint Tissue paper Holiday stencils Paintbrush Scissors Mod Podge Faux snow Paper tree template  Any decorations suc

10 Favorite Summer Quotes

As we approach summer... Let us enjoy these beautiful moments. Be thankful.  Be in the moment.  Embrace each day. Hug the people we love. Spread kindness. Say hello to a stranger. Dance to our favorite song. Play with our children. Cook a favorite meal. Create something new. Just be. Enjoy this list of my 10 favorite summer quotes below Do you have a favorite summer quote?  If so, I'd love to know what it is.  Leave a comment below!  May your days be filled with happiness. Pin it for later

Spring Refresh: Mini Clip Photo Frame Hack for Seasonal Decor

  Are you ready to spruce up your living space this spring? If yes, I have an easy and inexpensive DIY project for you. We will use one of Dollar Tree's mini clip photo frames to create a mini spring display that will complement your existing spring decor. This fun craft project can also be added to a tiered tray.  I'll provide you with a full list of materials below. Materials needed Mini clip photo frame Acrylic paint Decorative floral napkin  Mod Podge  Paintbrush Optional paper flower embellishment/magnet for hanging on the refrigerator Letter stamps and stamp ink pad Scissors Step One: Applying Paint to the Photo Frame Start by taking a paintbrush and applying paint to the frame. I chose to paint my frame white. It took me about two coats of paint to give it complete coverage. Set your frame aside and let it dry. Step Two: Cutting the Napkin Use scissors to cut out any floral designs from your napkin that you want to use in your design. I cut a few leaves and mini flowers

Archive

Show more

Labels

Show more

All content copyright 2010-2024

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.