Skip to main content

Thankful

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn, or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.
Denis Waitley
 
The weekend arrived and it was time to push my worries, and doubts aside. It's been a long two weeks with everything that has been going on with the shutdown, on top of many other things. This weekend I just let go and reminded myself just how thankful I am.

This weekend the air was cool, with a slight breeze. The streets are covered in autumn leaves, and the sun attempted to make an appearance through the clouds. We spent most of our time indoors. My husband made some delicious caramel popcorn, which was amazing. We recently purchased a popcorn maker since we had a popcorn recipe book sitting around collecting dust. It's been nice experimenting with the different recipes.

We also cooked up a delicious dinner, we had lasagna stuffed shells. I'm not sure if it's the weather, but we have been spending a lot of time on new recipes. :)   I of course did not get around to making my cookies and cream fudge until today. That was actually on my to-do list for the weekend.

Tea time is a favorite time for our little one. She loves to set up her dolls, and serve up delicious play pastries. We're always up for joining in, and she makes sure we all have a tea cup along with a saucer. (I'm sure when she's older and no longer shows interest in tea parties, I will miss it.)

Over the weekend I was just so thankful to spend it with my family and enjoy the simple things in life. We cooked, relaxed, and just enjoyed our time together. How did you spend your weekend? I'd love to hear about it! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend spent with your loved ones. Until next time, thank you for stopping by and reading! (New followers, and Google+ friends, welcome! I'm so happy to have you here.)
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Hi Stephanie!! I so cherish my weekends also. Time is flying by and the kids have gotten older, so we're holding onto every moment spent with them! Thanks for the reminder to hold dear our loved ones! Have a blessed week my friend..I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michell, thank you for your kind words. I really do appreciate it. I'm so happy to hear that you are holding onto every moment spent with your children. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful rest of your week.

      Delete
  2. That popcorn looks SO good!!

    I'm glad you had a good weekend; we did too! Saturday we went to a big bonfire and did hayrides and roasted marshmellows. Then Sunday spent the day watching football together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, thank you! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your weekend as well. That sounds like a whole lot of fun! Hayrides are always so fun. Thanks so much for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you were able to let it all go and enjoy your time with them. The foods look delicious. I'm working on letting go too, it's not easy, but the shutdown combined with all of life's other worries is just dragging me down and it's time to stop the worrying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you. I really do need to just let things go, and let it be. It really does help when we do this. :) Thank you my friend. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

Easy Floral Decoupage Idea for Faux Pumpkin Display

 Hi everyone! I'm excited to share a simple and easy floral pumpkin design you can create quickly. Today, we will make a faux floral pumpkin display using decoupage and a few additional designs. I'm reusing a foam pumpkin that I bought at Dollar Tree. If you’re ready, let’s begin creating an easy floral decoupage faux pumpkin display! Quick video tutorial **Materials needed:** - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Floral napkin - Faux pearls - Faux flowers - Craft knife - Scissors - Mod Podge Carefully remove the top of your pumpkin. I used my craft knife to go around the top section, creating a hole at the top. Using a paintbrush, apply acrylic paint to the pumpkin. I chose to paint mine black. Next, use scissors to cut out a few flowers from your napkin. Make sure to remove the second layer of the napkin before cutting out the designs.   Once you have your floral designs cut out, use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge to the pumpkin. While the Mod Podge is wet, add the floral napkin c...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.