Skip to main content

Our days. Thanksgiving

Sweet Thanksgiving- November 28, 2013


Thanksgiving arrived, and hours of cooking began. 
In the morning, we enjoyed a light breakfast: coffee with cinnamon rolls.


Our Thanksgiving menu consisted of Turkey, homemade cranberry sauce, dressing, and gravy.
potatoes, green beans, semi-homemade pumpkin pie, jalapeno cheddar cornbread (which by the way, is delicious-recipe from Barefoot Contessa), Sweet potato casserole, and a bottle of wine.


We snacked on summer sausage, cheese, and crackers.
It was a nice snack to hold us over until dinner.



Once dinner was done cooking, we made our way to the table. 
We sat and enjoyed ourselves and talked about what we were most thankful for.
The sun began to set; it was the perfect ending to our sweet Thanksgiving day.



Let the decorating begin...November 28-29, 2013
I  thought we could hold off for a few more days, but...
Our daughter insisted we start decorating our lovely gingerbread village.
 Later in the evening, once everything was back to normal-dishes cleaned and leftovers stored away- we decided to decorate our gingerbread village. 

Assorted sprinkles, gumdrops, icing, and gingerbread pieces.-What a sweet evening it was.



And then there was today... I woke up feeling well-rested.  My husband started on breakfast, and we enjoyed our coffee. We played some Christmas music (have I mentioned how the radio station we listen to started playing Christmas music at the beginning of November) -yes, it's true! We took out a few Christmas decorations after breakfast and enjoyed putting a few on our tree.

It has been a lovely few days, and I'm most thankful for the time I am able to spend with my family. 
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I am also so thankful for all of you lovely readers. 
****Below I've included a recipe for our Homemade cranberry sauce***

My husband's cranberry sauce recipe

1 Bag of cranberries
-1/2 cup of honey
Sugar to taste (depending on how sweet you want your cranberry sauce)
-1/2 tsp of ginger
-Fruit pectin 
-1 orange peeled
-1/2 cup of water

Rinse and clean cranberries in a colander.

Boil water, honey, ginger, orange slices, and cranberries in a medium-sized saucepan until the cranberries are soft.  Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until all ingredients are mixed. (Do not over-blend; you will want some cranberry pieces.)

Transfer mixture back into the saucepan, add sugar to taste. Keep in mind that cranberry sauce is supposed to be a little tart. Add pectin, and heat until it has reached a rolling boil. 

Once finished, refrigerate for 24 hours before enjoying.





Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Holiday Glass Candle Display- An Upcycled Craft

Learn how to create a beautiful holiday glass candle display using upcycled materials with this DIY craft project. Perfect for adding a festive touch to your home decor. Find step-by-step instructions and inspiration for this creative and sustainable holiday project. Recently, I have been feeling very festive and have been enjoying decorating, baking, and much more. I noticed that I had a few glass jars and old candle jars around my home, and I wanted to create something simple. I thought a candle display would be great and easy to create. If you have any pasta jars, old candle jars, or any glass jars, this craft is perfect for you! For this project, you will need the following materials: Frosted Glass Spray (I used Rust-Oleum) Gold wire Stretch cord (optional) Holiday greenery, berries, and any holiday decoration can be added Flameless tealights Mini ornaments (I used one for this project) You can find flameless tealights at your local Big Lots store. A pack of 10 with extra batteries...

Crafting Personalized Thanksgiving Place Cards with Air Dry Clay and Pie Stamps

Hey there! I am thrilled to introduce you to an exciting Thanksgiving craft that will add a wonderful touch to your holiday table. This project involves using air-dry clay and pie stamps to create personalized and unique place cards. Do not worry, I will provide you with a step-by-step guide throughout the entire process. Additionally, we will use paint, twine, and a brown paper bag to give our place cards a festive feel.  Materials needed Pie stamps which can be obtained from Joann's Acrylic paint  Air-dry clay A hole puncher Paintbrush Wooden beads Twine A brown paper bag (or any other material you prefer to use as a template), one pencil, and scissors. Working with air clay Begin by flattening the air-dry clay, using either your hands or a roller. Once the clay has been flattened, use the pie stamps to press your desired design into the clay. Following the stamping process, remove any excess clay around the outer edge of the stamp and use the stamp press to release your cla...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.