Sunday, December 1, 2013

December... {warm &cozy}


Welcome December...
It's a pleasure to have you here. The past few days have honestly  felt like a mini vacation with my family. It's been filled with delicious foods, relaxation, and great quality time spent together. It has been absolutely wonderful.

We welcomed December by making a snowflake garland, and baking delicious gingerbread cookies.  We have spent our days enjoying family time. We've read books, taken long trips to the park, and worked on a few crafts.

My husband and I have enjoyed a few game nights; it's our adult quiet time together. A glass of wine, and boggle (one of my favorite games) it's definitely a wonderful time. 

This year, we decided to take our elf on the shelf out. We read the book to our daughter, and ever since she found her elf hiding on the shelf in the living room..she has been filled with excitement. 

So December is here, and I'm not sure what's in store for us this month. I sure hope there is more happiness, laughter, and more of this great love we share as a family.  

Welcome, new readers, and those of you who have been around for some time now, thank you! You all make blogging a wonderful experience. I appreciate you all.

(Below is a DIY project for an Advent Calendar) 











Diy Advent Calendar







Materials needed:
-clothespins
-craft paper/I used an old Christmas bag
-paint
-wood, handsaw
-shape punch out (I used a snowflake)

My husband took a plate, and traced it onto scrap wood.  He then used his handsaw and cut it out.  After he smoothed all surfaces. I then took an old Christmas bag, and cut it out to fit onto the round wood piece. Glued it in place. (For both back and front) I painted each clothespin, and numbered each one using paint. Glued on my snowflake punch outs, and that was it! Simple, and  made by you!  Enjoy~