Skip to main content

Quiet, peaceful days












This particular day, it was quiet. The weather was cool and the sun hid behind the clouds. This day was great for sitting out at the park. It was a very quiet, peaceful outing. We made our way out to the park. -Kids were playing soccer, and volleyball and adults were grilling under the gazebo. 

We sat under a tree and set our blanket up. Our daughter ran in circles, exploring and waving at other children. Eventually, she ran around and played tag with this little boy off in the distance. My husband joined them.  They built castles and forts in the sand.
I stayed back. Relaxing and catching up on some reading. It was nice. I took my sandals off. What a relief, for my pregnant feet. Surprisingly they aren't so swollen, just really uncomfortable these days.


After reading, I had time to reflect on a few things. Clearing my thoughts and taking in the fresh air.-It was so peaceful. Days like this come and go. When we are able to enjoy days like this particular day, we cherish them. On this day, it was quiet and peaceful.  – I enjoyed my time with my family. Reflecting on life and excited for new beginnings. 

Welcome new readers and followers. I'm so happy to have you all here. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend with your loved ones. :)

My last post-Remember
If you need a little pick me up, be sure to read this post. 

Comments

  1. Looks like you had a lovely time. This mom thing can get pretty crazy at times and that makes these peaceful moments even more special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! Thank you. And yes the mom thing can get pretty crazy at times. Sometimes we need to take a step back and enjoy these peaceful moments. :)

      Delete
  2. It does look very peaceful. I'm so excited for you. You're getting close now and it must be really nice to sit and read those books and think about your new baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you. It sure does feel nice being able to sit back and read once in a while. I'm really enjoying these last weeks of pregnancy.

      Delete
  3. It looked so peaceful. I wish the weather was that nice here. It's just too hot! What a wonderful afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. :) Oh gosh do I remember the heat in Arizona. Lol.

      Delete
  4. Those pictures do look peaceful and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I love reading your posts and love your inspiration outlook on life. Hope you can stop by to check it out and participate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

Dollar Tree Peel‑and‑Stick Wallpaper Box Makeover

I transformed a simple, everyday box into a beautiful and functional storage piece for my belongings. This makeover is both easy and budget-friendly, using affordable supplies from Dollar Tree along with some creative touches to enhance the box's appearance. With a few simple steps, you can create an attractive decorative storage box that can be styled in any room of your home. Whether you're looking to organize small items on your desk or add a pop of color to your living space, this project is versatile and practical. If you have a box that you're considering throwing away, think again! This DIY project not only gives new life to unused items but also allows you to showcase your creative side. Join me as I guide you through transforming an ordinary box into a charming accent piece you'll love to display. Watch the video tutorial Materials Peel‑and‑stick wallpaper (Dollar Tree) Gold acrylic paint Decorative edge scissors Adhesive gems Paintbrush Optional: greenery or s...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.