Skip to main content

Autumn- Tea and coffee for two

(Throwback post
Original post posted on October 27, 2014)

I really enjoy this time of year, as the air is cool and sweaters are being worn. I have started to gather mittens and scarves to prepare for the colder weather. I enjoy making apple cider and letting it simmer in the slow cooker throughout the day; it smells amazing!

We enjoy walks, a gentle breeze in the air, and the sound of leaves falling to the ground; we are all very happy and content these days.

I recently had the pleasure of enjoying a tea and coffee date with our oldest daughter. Of course, it was pretend play; she wanted to be just like Mommy and Daddy and use the real stuff. I took a used K-Cup, cut open the top, used the coffee grounds from it, and created our own brewing system. Meanwhile, we brewed some tea. I really enjoy playtime with her. We use this time to explore, talk, and spend quality mommy-daughter time together.

As always, our time spent together was wonderful; I absolutely enjoy times like this. How are you spending your days? How is the weather where you live? Do you enjoy coffee or tea? I would love to hear from you all.



















Comments

  1. I like your colored coffee cups. very cute. Where ever did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were actually given to our daughter as a gift. I could always ask though to see where they were purchased at. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the outdoors this time of year. So this is pretty much how I'm spending my days as well. Gorgeous fall shots by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is beautiful this time of year. And thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. I think once this week is over it will be much easier. This week has been rough with getting so much stuff together for our move and my final days at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina, awe moving and packing can be rough. I hope next week is less stressful for you.

      Delete
  4. I love to see pretty little things like these. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

DIY Holiday Glass Candle Display- An Upcycled Craft

Learn how to create a beautiful holiday glass candle display using upcycled materials with this DIY craft project. Perfect for adding a festive touch to your home decor. Find step-by-step instructions and inspiration for this creative and sustainable holiday project. Recently, I have been feeling very festive and have been enjoying decorating, baking, and much more. I noticed that I had a few glass jars and old candle jars around my home, and I wanted to create something simple. I thought a candle display would be great and easy to create. If you have any pasta jars, old candle jars, or any glass jars, this craft is perfect for you! For this project, you will need the following materials: Frosted Glass Spray (I used Rust-Oleum) Gold wire Stretch cord (optional) Holiday greenery, berries, and any holiday decoration can be added Flameless tealights Mini ornaments (I used one for this project) You can find flameless tealights at your local Big Lots store. A pack of 10 with extra batteries...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.