Thursday, April 23, 2015

Slowing down..

“Sometimes our stop-doing list needs to be bigger than our to-do list.” ― Patti Digh

It has been a bit hectic around here.
I think we're in need of rest.
Our days seem long and hectic.
Maybe soon..
things will start slowing down.









This week:

-We continued our lessons. Reading lessons are slowing down. - Right now our oldest daughter is sick. Just a common cold. But she is definitely in need of rest. -Warm baths, vapor rub and warm drinks. - This seems to be helping out some.

I've washed, and sanitized things around our house.  - So far little one, daddy and I are cold free. I'm sure it will sneak up on me when I least expect it.

We're still working on lessons and this week she's learning about ladybugs. Once she is is feeling better, we'll head out and go on an outdoor adventure. 

Out littlest one has been fussy. - Maybe she's teething?! I haven't seen or felt any teeth that may be coming in. She's content when she is being held or wrapped in her carrier. I swear if I could put her in the wrap during showers...you betcha I would! - Especially if that meant longer and quieter showers.
I've learned to work around that. I shower early mornings when everyone is sleeping. - This way there's not interruptions and I can have some quiet time.

Even with lack of sleep, I managed to meet with a group of ladies for coffee and a chat.  It was nice and definitely needed. 

Our nights are long. We're normally in bed by 11:30-12.  - This of course is when we are off schedule. 
So I think this weekend, I'll try and catch up on some sleep.  Maybe a nap for this mama...I think so!
And we will hope that things start slowing down.

How has your week been? I'd love to know! :)