Skip to main content

Slowing down..

“Sometimes our stop-doing list needs to be bigger than our to-do list.” ― Patti Digh

It has been a bit hectic around here.
I think we're in need of rest.
Our days seem long and hectic.
Maybe soon...
things will start slowing down.









This week:

-We continued our lessons. Reading lessons are slowing down. - Right now our oldest daughter is sick. Just a common cold. But she is definitely in need of rest. -Warm baths, vapor rub, and warm drinks. - This seems to be helping out some.

I've washed and sanitized things around our house.  - So far little one, daddy and I are cold-free. I'm sure it will sneak up on me when I least expect it.

We're still working on lessons and this week she's learning about ladybugs. Once she is feeling better, we'll head out and go on an outdoor adventure. 

Our littlest one has been fussy. - Maybe she's teething?! I haven't seen or felt any teeth that may be coming in. She's content when she is being held or wrapped in her carrier. I swear if I could put her in the wrap during showers...you betcha I would! - Especially if that meant longer and quieter showers.
I've learned to work around that. I shower early morning when everyone is sleeping. - This way there are no interruptions and I can have some quiet time.

Even with a lack of sleep, I managed to meet with a group of ladies for coffee and a chat.  It was nice and definitely needed. 

Our nights are long. We're normally in bed by 11:30-12.  - This of course is when we are off schedule. 
So I think this weekend, I'll try and catch up on some sleep.  Maybe a nap for this mama...I think so!
And we will hope that things start slowing down.

How has your week been? I'd love to know! :)

Comments

  1. Oh, Stephanie. I hope things do slow down for you soon and that everyone is feeling better soon. It's so hard when life takes a turn like this. I am sure it will blow over soon and things will settle again. We're having a busy week too, but it's that time of year and I think it's only going to get worse for a few weeks. That's okay, it's good to be busy. But it does make you thankful for the quiet moments! Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you. Your words are always so kind. I appreciate them. I do agree with you about it's good being busy. I think my body just needs some rest. Feels like we do so much running around, it would be nice to have a few peaceful days. I hope you have a beautiful weekend with your family. :)

      Delete
  2. I hope your daughter is feeling better soon - we were sick a couple of weeks ago, and that is never fun. Our week has been very busy also, a lot of spring cleaning over here - but it has paid off. I'm ready for a nap this weekend too! :) xxo - Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristy, thank you. As always, you are so kind. Spring cleaning is a must! I hear you on that! It feels nice to get that out of the way. Naps are so nice, especially as we become older, they are definitely a must! Have a beautiful weekend friend. :)

      Delete
  3. I hope your daughter's feeling better soon! I've only recently discovered your posts but they've already but a little smile on my face and made me really appreciate the little positive things, that happen everyday. Thankyou for that- I really needed that boost <3

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky, aw thank you so much. I really appreciate your kind words. That actually puts a smile on my face just knowing that I was able to put a smile on your face. :) So happy you came by for a visit.

      Delete
  4. The weekend is going so much better then the week. Poor baby! I used to shower with a clear curtain that way T could see me and I'd put him in his little bouncer that way he'd be entertained.

    Are those flowers your oldest picked from outside? that is really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear that Dina. I really hope you and your family are doing well. I was thinking about you this week. I really hope you're doing well. And yes those flowers were picked from the garden. :) She enjoys doing that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 161

     Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #161! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, blogging friends! We are just a few days away from our much-needed vacation. We’ll be exploring and doing what we love: attending a concert. We leave early next week. Just a heads-up: the next party, scheduled to open on Friday the 16th, won’t have featured posts since I will be out of town. However, I will have it set up as a scheduled post, so it will still go live. I will be returning on the 19th.  Please feel free to share your posts at the party! The party on the 23rd will include featured posts. Thank you all for sharing at the party; I truly appreciate all of you. Congratulations to our featured bloggers To visit the blogs of the featured bloggers, simply click on ...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Holiday Glass Candle Display- An Upcycled Craft

Learn how to create a beautiful holiday glass candle display using upcycled materials with this DIY craft project. Perfect for adding a festive touch to your home decor. Find step-by-step instructions and inspiration for this creative and sustainable holiday project. Recently, I have been feeling very festive and have been enjoying decorating, baking, and much more. I noticed that I had a few glass jars and old candle jars around my home, and I wanted to create something simple. I thought a candle display would be great and easy to create. If you have any pasta jars, old candle jars, or any glass jars, this craft is perfect for you! For this project, you will need the following materials: Frosted Glass Spray (I used Rust-Oleum) Gold wire Stretch cord (optional) Holiday greenery, berries, and any holiday decoration can be added Flameless tealights Mini ornaments (I used one for this project) You can find flameless tealights at your local Big Lots store. A pack of 10 with extra batteries...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.