Skip to main content

Spring-Catchers: A DIY Craft Post

Hello everyone! Today, I want to share a fun and easy craft project called "Spring-catchers". This project involves creating beautiful window art using flower and other shape templates, paint, and flowers. It's a kid-friendly activity that the whole family can enjoy together.

 I originally posted this craft back in 2015 when my oldest daughter was just a toddler, but I have updated it for you all to enjoy. I hope you have fun making these window catchers as much as we did!



Spring-Catchers
(Springtime sun-catchers)

This fun and simple craft is perfect to welcome Spring. You will need the following materials:

Materials

- Paint (regular or water paint)
- Pencil
- Template (you can make your own for tulip, sun, and flower shapes)
- Scissors
- Tape
- Flowers
- Paintbrush
- Paper

If you are working with young children on this craft, it's recommended that a parent help with cutting out the shapes

Trace and paint


Create stencils of any flower design such as tulips, daisies, sunflowers, etc. Cut out the flower stencil and use it to trace out multiple flowers and other shapes. After take your paint and apply it using a paintbrush.



Adding flowers

Apply some tape on the backside of your flower. Be sure that the sticky section is facing up. Place your beautiful flowers onto the sticky part of the tape. If you cannot pick any fresh flowers, you can simply use foam flowers, stickers, paper flowers, or craft flowers.
Apply tape on the front side - this will seal the flowers inside.
Use scissors to cut any remaining tape around the flowers.





These flower suncatchers look beautiful when displayed in a sunny window. That completes your lovely Spring-catcher decorations.
I hope you enjoyed this simple Spring craft. Please leave a comment below and feel free to share!

♡

Stephanie


“Do anything, but let it produce joy.” 

― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Pin Share Save


Comments

  1. How cute Stephanie - so simple and adds some fun spring decoration to the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristy, aw thank you lovely! We had a wonderful time working on it. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey so cute! Is that your son/daughter?

    I've jotted down my **JuNe FaVoRiTeS** Come Have a look :)

    Follow me on Google Plus

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 161

     Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #161! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, blogging friends! We are just a few days away from our much-needed vacation. We’ll be exploring and doing what we love: attending a concert. We leave early next week. Just a heads-up: the next party, scheduled to open on Friday the 16th, won’t have featured posts since I will be out of town. However, I will have it set up as a scheduled post, so it will still go live. I will be returning on the 19th.  Please feel free to share your posts at the party! The party on the 23rd will include featured posts. Thank you all for sharing at the party; I truly appreciate all of you. Congratulations to our featured bloggers To visit the blogs of the featured bloggers, simply click on ...

DIY Holiday Glass Candle Display- An Upcycled Craft

Learn how to create a beautiful holiday glass candle display using upcycled materials with this DIY craft project. Perfect for adding a festive touch to your home decor. Find step-by-step instructions and inspiration for this creative and sustainable holiday project. Recently, I have been feeling very festive and have been enjoying decorating, baking, and much more. I noticed that I had a few glass jars and old candle jars around my home, and I wanted to create something simple. I thought a candle display would be great and easy to create. If you have any pasta jars, old candle jars, or any glass jars, this craft is perfect for you! For this project, you will need the following materials: Frosted Glass Spray (I used Rust-Oleum) Gold wire Stretch cord (optional) Holiday greenery, berries, and any holiday decoration can be added Flameless tealights Mini ornaments (I used one for this project) You can find flameless tealights at your local Big Lots store. A pack of 10 with extra batteries...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.