Monday, February 1, 2016

Warm Citrus tea.








I absolutely love this recipe. It's packed with vitamin C. This drink really comes in handy when you're battling a cold, or just really need that extra boost of vitamin C. 

This recipe brought back so many memories. I found this easy recipe for this hot Citrus tea over at Honeysuckle. -Her recipes are absolutely wonderful. 

 While visiting in Korea, I had a nice cup of Yuja tea. The recipe that I used actually just uses 2 lemons, and 1 orange. 

In Korea, they actually use the Yuja fruit. My mother is Korean, and she really never made this tea. So of course, I was thrilled when I came across this simple recipe, and it actually has the citrus taste like Yuja tea. 

Ingredients:


  • 2 Lemons
  • 1 Orange
  • 2 inches Ginger Root
  • 1 Tbsp Turmeric
  • 1 cup Raw Honey

Take two lemons, and one orange. I actually washed my fruit using an organic vegetable/fruit spray. --I actually washed them because in this recipe you are asked to leave the rinds on. I just gave them a gentle scrub.

  Slice  lemons, and oranges.-- Make sure you make thin slices.  Next, you'll take your ginger root, and cut about 2 inches off. I then took my mortar and pestel out. You'll want to grind your ginger up. 

Once you've done this, you'll take your ginger, lemon, and oranges slices and place them in a bowl.  Add in 1 Tbsp of Turmeric, and one cup of raw honey. 

Mix all the ingredients. -- It smells absolutely wonderful when all the ingredients are mixed together. 

Pour this mixture into an airtight container. 

I placed my mixture in the refrigerator, and I also put a date on it. It can stay in the refrigerator for one month.

The next morning, I actually placed this citrus mixture into a cup of boiling  water.

Allowing it to sit overnight really brought the flavors together. 

This tea is very enjoyable, and remember it is loaded with vitamin C. --You'll feel great after enjoying a nice hot cup of this citrus tea. -*Store this mixture in the fridge for a week*

Note:  This is also amazing in oatmeal. Just heat this mixture in with milk, and then add oats. :)


Enjoy.

-Stephanie

Welcome new readers. I'm so thrilled to have you all here.