Skip to main content

10 Simple ways to create a peaceful, and relaxing space.




10 Simple ways to create a peaceful, and relaxing space


1.  Cozy Blankets and Pillows. 
Add some soft blankets and pillows. This will make getting cozy in this space enjoyable

2. Add a relaxing scent.
A favorite candle or an oil diffuser. Add a scent that is not too strong, but a scent that relaxes you.

3. Add a few plants. 
Plants help to purify the air. And it really helps bring the space to life.

4. Fill a basket with your favorite books.
Add a simple basket with favorite books, or magazines. 

5. Have this space be an electronic-free zone.
Set aside phones, computers, etc. It helps to take a break from Social media

6. Bring in a simple healthy snack.
Fresh berries, nuts, or, a mixed granola snack. While you relax you can snack on healthy treats.

7. Natural lighting
Have a space that is filled with natural lighting. There's something about the sunlight that makes everything better.

8. Add a simple basket, and fill it
 Fill a basket with simple a simple craft, puzzle, or some other type of activity you enjoy doing that still allows you to feel at peace while relaxing.

9. Add a small water fountain 
This will add some soothing background noise, and give your space a relaxing vibe

10.  Create an inspirational collage. 
 Include positive words, pictures, and a picture of what makes you happy. -Family, friends, pets, etc. 

I hope that you have enjoyed this list. 
If you were creating a space that was to be peaceful, and relaxing, what would you add to your space? Share your comment below. ↓↓

Thank you for visiting, and Happy New Year to all!

♡ Stephanie

Pin/Save/Share For Later



Comments

  1. All things blankets are natural light are a few of my favorite things! This post is an entire vibe! Love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elicit, thank you so much! So happy that you enjoyed this post. And yes, natural light, blanket...ah so cozy, and peaceful. Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. Those are all excellent ways to create a cozy space that you want to be in. I especially like the natural light idea. Natural light inside the home is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt, thank you. I agree natural light inside the home is awesome. :)

      Delete
  3. It makes me relaxed just thinking about it. My cozy spot is my bed. I have blankets and books and love to spend an hour or so in the afternoon reading and taking a little nap. Thanks for the insights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie, thank you. I think it is important to take time out, and do things that you enjoy. Sounds so peaceful,- reading, blankets, and shortly after a nap. :)

      Delete
  4. I love these ideas. I'm self-employed, so the stress can be overwhelming at times. It's nice to have an area that helps lessen that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, thank you. It really does help to have a space that can help with relaxation.

      Delete
  5. I love these tips and ideas. Thank you! I will make a small corner in my apartment with a water fountain, a nice place to relax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is really nice to have a water fountain when relaxing. The sounds is so soothing.

      Delete
  6. This are such great ideas. I love to put up some aromatherapy and candles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, thank you. I love candles and aromatherapy too!

      Delete
  7. Wow, I like this post. I would love the create a spae like this in my house. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great list of tips for creating peace. i especially love the idea of a basket of books, natural lighting, fountains and being electronics free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, thank you! :) Blankets, and books is always so nice.

      Delete
  9. Yes nothing like a cozy blanket, natural light, some snacks and a coffee too for me. The thought itself is so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee should always be part of the plan :) Very relaxing. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Yyyeeaahhhh...I can try all these out, put together, save for the water-fountain. I think I can substitute that with some soft jazz music. Let's see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great tips, thanks for sharing! Nothing better than a cozy blanket, a quiet room, and yummy snacks for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brianna, thank you! Yes, a quiet space with snacks is always a great plan! :)

      Delete
  12. I always ensure that I have a space with an electronic free zone. It helps me relax and also function much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes an electronic free zone is always nice. Helps to clear your mind. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. These are all great ways to create a relaxing space at home. I would like to add an aquarium to my relaxing space. Watching the fish swim around is very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, an aquarium sounds very relaxing as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. Comfort food to me is healthy delicious food it gives me a good of positive energy. I am really also into aromatherapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily, yes I really enjoy foods that are healthy, and delicious as well. And you can never go wrong with aromatherapy. Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  15. Love to kknow different ways to relax especially in this cold weather x I have a little section I my new room where its tidy and relaxed. Where I can sit with my tablet and detox. Thanks for your advice

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these ideas! Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’m a real homebody so I’m always looking for ways to make my home more comfortable and relaxing. I’d like to get some more plants and maybe an aquarium. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. very cozy ideas! I will try using blankets as pillows more often

    ReplyDelete
  19. We recently added a pet fountain to the house. While it may sound weird to day, the sound of the water flowing through the fountain is super relaxing - even if the fountain itself is meant for the pets!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some nice ideas. Since the first lockdown, I've been growing some plants and it's been really rewarding. Definitely makes the space feel different.

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is nothing better than cozy blankets and a nice familiar or favorite scent to create the perfect space for relaxing, in my opinion. I had never considered adding a plant though. I'll have to hunt down a good indoor plant and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great ideas! I pinned your post twice--once to my "Health" board as your ideas would certainly contribute to all aspects of health, and again to my "Every Room in the House" board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm happy that you enjoyed this post. :) Thank you for pinning as well. I appreciate that.

      Delete
  23. Love your tips and ideas, I think it's also important to keep the peace within, the space around you definitely reflects it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.