Skip to main content

How to Make a Patriotic Wooden Star Banner

Hi everyone! Nothing says festive like a handmade patriotic banner! Whether you're decorating for Independence Day or simply celebrating your love for your country, this DIY wooden star banner will add the perfect touch of character. I've put together a few steps to help you create your own patriotic wooden star banner. This project is ideal for beginners, and I'll also provide a complete materials list below. 

Star banner

Materials for star wooden banner

 **Materials Needed**  

- Six wooden stars  

- Mod Podge  

- Decorative napkins (patriotic theme)  

- White paint  

- Blue paint  

- Red paint  

-Hot glue

- Gem stripes (for the red-painted stars)  

- Small squares (for attaching stars to twine)  

- Twine (for hanging)  

- Scissors  

Step-by-Step Instructions

Acrylic paint, and wooden stars

Prep Your Stars

   Start by painting your wooden stars—two in white, two in blue, and two in red. Allow them to dry completely before proceeding to the next step.  

Gem stripes, and red painted stars

Decorative napkin and blue stars

Add Decorative Touches  

When decorating the stars, I decided to add gem strips around the red stars for a bold, shimmering effect. For the blue stars, I cut a section from a decorative star-patterned napkin and applied it to each star using a paintbrush and Mod Podge. I smoothed out any wrinkles and used my heating tool to dry them.  

Attach to Twine

When attaching the stars to the twine, I used smaller wooden squares and secured them to the back of each star as I added the twine. The squares serve as reinforcements. I applied hot glue to attach the squares and twine to each star. Once you’ve added your stars to the twine, create a loop at each end of the banner; this will be for hanging it. You can use clear command hooks to hang your banner. 

Stars with twine


Hanging star banner

Hanging star banner

Hang and Enjoy!  

   Once your banner is fully assembled, find the perfect spot to display it—whether across a mantel, on a porch railing, or as part of a party backdrop.  

Your patriotic wooden star banner is ready to impress! Let the festivities begin, and enjoy your beautifully crafted décor. Happy crafting!  


I would love to hear how yours turned out! Did you add any unique twists to your design?  

You might also enjoy

Easy 4th of July Metal hanging design

Pin Share Save

Pinterest pin showing wooden star banner


Comments

  1. What a fun project! I love this for the 4th of July. So festive and fun! ❤️🤍💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. 😊

      Delete
  2. The banner is perfect for summer and the patriotic holidays. You gave great instructions and the end result if bright and cheerful. I'm visiting from Will Blog for Comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you very much. I glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea to Mod Podge napkins to wooden stars. Love this, Stephanie! Thanks for sharing this post with us at the Will Blog for Comments #64 linkup. Hope to see you next time, too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Steph. Just popping in again with the great news that this post was one of the most popular at the Will Blog for Comments #64 linkup and will be in the spotlight throughout #65 (which, this time, is for the entire month of July). If you'd like to share the news with your readers here, you're welcome to save the "This Blog Post Was a Featured Favorite" image from the linkup and post it here. As a featured favorite, I'm also Pinning this post for additional visibility! :) Thanks so much for being a part of our linkup. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, aw, thank you. That's wonderful news. I'll be sure to add your button to the post. 😊

      Delete
  5. I love these stars and how you created them. I can also see them as Christmas ornaments for the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm featuring you when the next To Grandma's house we go link party starts! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way that you used napkins! Featuring you at Wednesdays in the Studio!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

DIY Holiday Glass Candle Display- An Upcycled Craft

Learn how to create a beautiful holiday glass candle display using upcycled materials with this DIY craft project. Perfect for adding a festive touch to your home decor. Find step-by-step instructions and inspiration for this creative and sustainable holiday project. Recently, I have been feeling very festive and have been enjoying decorating, baking, and much more. I noticed that I had a few glass jars and old candle jars around my home, and I wanted to create something simple. I thought a candle display would be great and easy to create. If you have any pasta jars, old candle jars, or any glass jars, this craft is perfect for you! For this project, you will need the following materials: Frosted Glass Spray (I used Rust-Oleum) Gold wire Stretch cord (optional) Holiday greenery, berries, and any holiday decoration can be added Flameless tealights Mini ornaments (I used one for this project) You can find flameless tealights at your local Big Lots store. A pack of 10 with extra batteries...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.