Skip to main content

DIY Fall Hanging Baskets: Seasonal Floral Decor

🍂Fall is near, and it’s time to showcase pumpkins, rich floral arrangements, and cozy textures! One of my favorite ways to decorate for the season is by creating hanging baskets filled with artificial flowers and festive accents. Not only are these baskets budget-friendly (shoutout to the $2 basket from Michaels—thank you for the rewards!), but they also offer a beautiful way to reuse materials you may already have tucked away.

In this post, I’ll guide you through three unique fall-themed hanging basket designs, each with its own personality and charm. Whether you’re decorating your front door, a cozy corner in your home, or gifting a handmade piece to a friend, these baskets are sure to bring autumn joy!


Video tutorial

Basket #1: Pinks & Pumpkin Charm

For this first basket, I focused on deeper tones with a romantic twist. I used dark artificial pink roses, faux leaves, and darker green foliage, which gave the arrangement a rich, moody vibe.

Materials:

  • Hanging basket (mine was a steal at $2!)
  • Foam floral block
  • Dark pink artificial roses
  • Faux leaves and dark green foliage
  • Orange fabric pumpkin
  • Straw pumpkin
  • Floral cutters

Steps:

  1. Prepare the base: Start by cutting the foam block so that it fits snugly in your basket.  
  2. Arrange the flowers: Use floral cutters to trim your flowers and leaves to the right size. Begin placing the roses into the foam first.  
  3. Add decorations: Put the orange fabric pumpkin and the straw pumpkin on the opposite side of the flowers. This will help balance the arrangement.  
  4. Make final touches: Step back and see if everything looks good. I decided to remove a few leaves to give the arrangement a lighter look.

This basket is perfect for a front porch or entryway.


Basket #2: Soft Blooms & Pink Pumpkin Whimsy

For the second basket, I wanted a lighter, more playful look while still incorporating some of those darker roses for contrast.

Materials:

  • Foam floral block
  • Light artificial flowers (think cream, blush, or soft peach)
  • Light green foliage
  • Dark pink roses
  • Pink fabric pumpkins
  • Floral cutters

Steps:

  1. Cut and place: Trim your lighter flowers to size and insert them into the foam block.
  2. Layer in foliage: Add the lighter green foliage to soften the arrangement.
  3. Mix in roses: Introduce the darker pink roses for depth.
  4. Pumpkin pop: Add your pink fabric pumpkins, trimming the stems as needed to fit.

This design feels vibrant and cheerful, making it perfect for a kitchen nook or a craft room.


 Basket #3: Wildflower Harvest Vibes

For the final basket, I went full-on fall wildflower mode. I wanted something that felt like a walk through a crisp autumn field.

Materials:

  • Foam floral block
  • Artificial flowers in dark red, yellow, and purple
  • Faux branches
  • Pink and orange fabric pumpkins
  • Floral cutters

Steps:

  1. Build your base: Insert the foam block and start with the boldest flowers—reds and purples.
  2. Add texture: Layer in yellow blooms and faux branches for that wild, natural look.
  3. Finish with pumpkins: Use both pink and orange fabric pumpkins to tie the whole palette together.

This basket is bursting with color and texture—perfect for a statement piece on your front door.



🍁 Final Thoughts

Decorating with artificial flowers is a fun and flexible way to celebrate the season. You can mix and match colors, reuse materials, and create something truly personal. Hanging baskets are an excellent way to showcase your creativity without taking up table space.


So, get your supplies, grab your floral cutters, and let your imagination flourish. Whether you prefer moody tones, soft pastels, or a vibrant wildflower mix, there’s a fall basket waiting for you to create!

Happy crafting, friends! 🎃🌸🍂

Pin Share Save


Comments

  1. Simple and cute autumn floral decoration :) Where did you get these baskets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariama, thank you. I purchased the basket on sale at my local Michael's store. 🙂

      Delete
  2. I'd love to have you share with us at https://tryit-likeit.com/create-it-link-party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet idea. I'm so enjoying the warm colors of autumn.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never thought of something like this as a hanging basket. I have a couple of old ones--I should spruce them up and do this for fall! I love it. Thanks for sharing this post with all of us at the Will Blog for Comments #69 linkup. Hope to see you next week at #70, too, with more posts (old or new)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, yes, they make excellent door hangers, or if you have a decorative hook or a spacious coat rack, they can also be displayed from there. Thank you for visiting. It's always appreciated.

      Delete
  5. I love this color combination! Pink is my favorite, but I don’t see it much in fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, thank you. Yes, I agree you don't see much pink being used in fall colors. I wanted to show everyone how you can incorporate that into fall decor. It's such a lovely combination. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate it very much.

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness these are darling. I don't have any luck with outdoor plants so this would be helpful for sprucing up my porch.

    Thanks so much for sharing with Sweet Tea & Friends this month dear friend. I'm so happy you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to have you share with us at Create-it Link Party https://tryit-likeit.com/link-party-it/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie, I love the fall baskets you've made! I am thinking of creating a fall basket for our shed door to try and pretty-up the backyard while we continue going through all this construction. Thank you for the inspiration, and I was happy to share your post at last week's Share Your Style #512 for you. <3

    Happy post-Labor Day!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, thank you. I am so happy you enjoyed this project. I know yours will be lovely when you get around to making them. That is such a lovely idea to add it to the shed door. Thank you for featuring my post. I truly appreciate it.♡

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.