Skip to main content

Weekend Adventure.



We kicked back and enjoyed some live music on Friday. We first stopped off at the oh-so-delicious Cold Stone, (hey mama has a sweet tooth from time to time, haha).  I picked up my favorite scoop of ice cream, Birthday cake remix. It was delicious! We then made our way across the street where they were having live music, and sat out on our blanket, and kicked back. It was wonderful. On Saturday we enjoyed the beautiful views while we visited the downtown area of Colorado springs. We attended the Art festival and had a great time. They had such beautiful art pieces displayed.

This weekend my daughter and I had some fun with clay, molding, and creating different textures. We haven't yet painted our creations, but I figure we will do that this week. I created a few more cards to soon add to my online store. (I have not opened my store yet, but I'm hoping to do so soon.)

We have been experiencing changes in the weather here in Colorado. It's been raining for over a week now, and I must say it's nice to see the rain actually come and stay for a while. :) Over the weekend we also played a lot of sing-a-long songs for our daughter, lately, she seems to enjoy the song "How much is that doggy in the window?" I'm sure she really enjoys the part where they say "ruff, ruff." 

I'm hoping that by next week a few more of the peppers in my garden will make an appearance. So far we have over twelve cherry tomatoes, cilantro, oregano, basil, and my chives seem to be growing at a fast speed.  My husband has been talking about getting a big enough compost so that we can make our own fertilizer for our lawn, and garden. It's something to think about, and I may just surprise him with one. Seems like he has been talking about it forever now.  So how was your weekend? Did you enjoy the time spent with your loved ones? I hope you all did.
 
 
(Out enjoying some ice cream and live music)
 
 
 
Art Festival (Downtown Colorado Springs)
 
(Our clay creations)
 
  
 
I'd like to also say thank you to all of my readers, you are all so lovely.
Have a wonderful day!

~Stephanie

Comments

  1. Your weekend sounds really nice. We enjoyed visiting your city last month; it seems like there's a lot to do around there! Your clay creations are so cute. I love Cold Stone too; my favorite is the Strawberry Blonde mixture, it's sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jennifer. How wonderful, I bet you all enjoyed your time spent here. Oh my husband loves the Strawberry Blonde mixture as well. :) Thank you so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card creations. Funny that I'm in the Springs and did not know about the art festival. Seems like you had a fun weekend. Hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up Madison, thank you so much. I've been enjoying a few crafts lately, and trying to get my cards finished. :) This was actually our first time visiting the art festival, and we have lived in the Springs for some time now. Hope you have a great week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Your daughter is so sweet. I bet she really loves the singing.

    My tomatoes have started ripening. I love having the fresh home grown foods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, thank you for your kind words. I too love having fresh home grown foods. It just makes it that much more enjoyable cooking up a delicious meal. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.