Thursday, August 15, 2013

Snakes in the desert (Craft for little ones)

Snakes In The Desert-craft

I may have been missing Arizona's desert life when I came up with this craft for my daughter. :) She seemed to enjoy it, and it was a quick craft to do together.

Materials needed:
-TP roll
-Paper plate
-Paint/paint brushes
-Scissors
-A few rocks
-Craft eyes
-Glue
I started off with cutting the TP roll, then using my scissors to wrap and pull the TP roll. This causes it to spiral and curl. (This is what you want to do for the snakes body).

Next paint each one. (Allow it to dry for a few) Once it's dry glue on your craft eyes. I took a paper plate and cut out the center and we used brown paint to paint it. After allowing that to dry, we then glued on our snakes. (I used some left over TP roll and made a cactus for our desert).  Grab a few rocks from outside, and set it up so that it looks as though your snakes are in the desert. All done!
Enjoy~