Monday, December 30, 2013

Weekend love {Our days...lately}

“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.” ― Steve Maraboli
Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience















Lately,
I've enjoyed simple things. I'm happy I've started running again. I had taken a break, and in all honesty I missed it.  During the week we took out our music bin; filled with a few musical instruments. We were shaking maracas, singing, and dancing. -We had a lovely time.

Our days seem to be slowing down. A few days after Christmas, and our schedules are somewhat back to normal. We're actually going to bed on time. -By the time it is bed time I'm drained! :)
This weekend; the sky was clear, and the sun was out. It was pretty out-but still a little chilly. We managed to enjoy some time out at the park.

While at home...
We enjoyed some simple baking, and discovered some new recipes. Our daughter enjoyed some time pretend baking in the kitchen.  She made us a batch of her play dough cookies. I stood beside her and whipped up some quick cupcakes. She set out her play cookies, and made sure her daddy and I didn't eat too much. I've really enjoyed these past few days. -“Do anything, but let it produce joy.” ― Walt WhitmanLeaves of Grass

We've enjoyed art time, dance parties, and music performances by our sweet little one.
Also during the weekend, we cleared out our pantry. Reorganizing, and relabeling a few containers. It was a long process. Its finished, and I feel great! I also took time scrubbing, and clearing counter tops. It was needed, and in the end I've eliminated unnecessary clutter. -Thank goodness!  

And of course...
My husband had the pleasure of crawling around the house saying- "neigh"; our daughter was on his back yelling, "giddy up daddy, giddy up" . If you guessed it, yes he's been playing a horse. –ha ha. I've laughed quite a bit.  With everything slowing down, we're able to really enjoy our time together. I enjoy these simple, peaceful and fun moments spent with my family. -“Live today facing forward—with your back on yesterday, your eyes on tomorrow, and your head and heart in the moment.” ― Richelle E. GoodrichSmile Anyway

**I hope you have all had a lovely weekend. Thank you for being a part of my journey. I appreciate YOU! May you have an abundance of joy, love, and happiness this upcoming year. **

Currently listening to: