Skip to main content

Preparing dinner...







Over the years preparing dinner in our home has changed quite a bit. There once was a time that it was just my husband and me. Before we even came across our pug and had our beautiful daughter. Those were the times we would sip on a glass of wine, and enjoy some one on one conversation. We would laugh and just enjoy our time together preparing a meal.

 Now that we have our pug and our little one...I often find myself tripping over a sneaky pug trying to sneak into the kitchen. Our daughter yells, "Get out of the kitchen".
Our daughter normally stands on her play stool and says; "Mommy, let me help you make food".  I'm always delighted to have her help. I turn on our tiny kitchen radio and we sing while washing, chopping, and gathering ingredients for our meal. 


I've been making decaf iced tea and using the In the raw monk fruit sweetener. It's definitely a change, but a good change. We have even switched to decaf coffee.-We have our reasons. :)  So while preparing dinner; my husband and I will chat over an evening cup of coffee. It's nice and relaxing. But I don't want to lead you to think it never gets hectic while I prepare dinner. Oh my, that would be a lie! It does and I still enjoy those moments we spend in the kitchen as a family. It's strange to think that there was once a time that it was just my husband and me. Now our home seems more lively and vibrant. 

Comments

  1. You're so right! It's amazing how drastically our lives can change. Yet, it's still fantastic at the same time.

    It's absolutely adorable that your little one wants to help out in the kitchen. :) I love spending quality time with my son. Especially over baking/cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melly, thank you. I love when she helps, and I'm sure you enjoy spending that quality time with your son. -That's wonderful. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad it's working for you! Dinner time is hectic, isn't it? My kids seem to be at their neediest while I'm trying to cook. They do like to help, though, and that makes it run a lot more smoothly than if I leave them to their own devices while I try to do it all myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, It sure can get hectic. And I'm sure with you having two kids it gets really hectic, lol. :) (I can only imagine)

      Delete
  3. I think it would be impossible to believe that most of your days are rainbows and butterflies. LOL! I know that life can get crazy and hectic and sometimes your daughter might have a bad day. But, you mostly remember the good times! Which is important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina, ain't that the truth! Lol. Made me giggle. Yes I try and remember the good times. :)

      Delete
    2. Although I do wish it was rainbows and butterflies! LOL!

      Delete
  4. First, your pictures are making me hungry!
    Second, I feel the same way. I enjoy the crazy loudness because it makes my house feel like it is full of love even if it is always chaotic and loud. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristy, thank you! I know it just wouldn't be the same without a full house. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

Simple, Creative, Pretty Gift Wrap Ideas.- A DIY Post.

Are you looking for some creative gift wrap ideas? If so, you have come to the right place. There's no better way to create a personalized package for someone special than this. It's simple, fun, and the result will be loved by you and the recipient. This craft allows you to use up any leftover materials, such as buttons, beads, and flower embellishments that you may have in storage. Here are the materials you'll need: - Craft flowers (paper, silk or foam) - Twine, string or ribbon - Craft hearts (fabric, foam or sticker) - Garland (any type) - Craft clothespins (any color) - Stamps and ink (any color and design) - Washi tape (decorative tape) - Hot glue or any craft glue - Plain gift wrap paper/tissue paper (any material) - Scissors To create your own wrapping paper, begin by cutting a piece that is the appropriate size for the box you are wrapping. Then, carefully wrap the paper around the box and use decorative tape to secure it. Now, it's time...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.