Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret. -Don Miguel Ruiz
10 things you can do for a more brighter and healthier day
- Drink more water! I'm serious. Start your morning off with an 8 oz glass of water. I have a favorite water bottle that I normally fill up at the end of the night. In the morning, I just grab that bottle and start drinking. You will feel so much more refreshed and energized.
- Walk more. I make it a point to walk over 10,000 steps a day. If you're starting off, aim to walk for about 15 minutes after every meal. You will feel great and you will be on your way to building up your daily steps.
- Make your bed and tidy up around the house. I know a lot of people have set cleaning schedules and many do not. I am honestly always cleaning and so when I do tidy up a little around the house, it is mainly just me picking up after my little ones.
- If you can, try and clean your kitchen the night before. It is such a great feeling waking to a clean kitchen. You can just start your morning brewing your coffee and deciding on what you're going to make for breakfast. You won’t have to stand around cleaning last night’s mess up.
- Open your curtains/blinds. Just allowing sun in makes a huge difference. It is a great way to brighten your home, but also that sunshine will get you moving. Every morning I open our curtains/blinds.
- If you love to write, keep a journal. It's a great way to express your thoughts.
- Work out. I aim to work out Mon-Fri. I think that working out really does balance everything. It's a great stress reliever, energy booster and of course you're doing something healthy for you.
- Eat to nourish your body. Pick foods that you enjoy, but aim for healthier choices. A snack that I enjoy is apples and almonds. Also you can dip veggies in hummus or avocado.
- Use a therapeutic oil diffuser. I bought a little one and I use it at the end of the night. I just place a few drops of oil in the diffuser with water. It is very relaxing.
- Rest your mind. At the end of the day, relax. Do something you enjoy and if there is something you want to accomplish make it your mission to do so.