Skip to main content

10 things you can do for a more brighter and healthier day.


Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret. -Don Miguel Ruiz

 10 things you can do for a brighter and healthier day


1. Drink more water! I'm serious. Start your morning off with an 8 oz glass of water. I have a favorite water bottle that I normally fill up at the end of the night. In the morning, I just grab that bottle and start drinking. You will feel so much more refreshed and energized. 

2. Walk more. I make it a point to walk over 10,000 steps a day. If you're starting off, aim to walk for about 15 minutes after every meal. You will feel great and you will be on your way to building up your daily steps. 

3. Make your bed and tidy up around the house. I know a lot of people have set cleaning schedules and many do not. I am honestly always cleaning and so when I do tidy up a little around the house, it is mainly just me picking up after my little ones. 

4. If you can, try and clean your kitchen the night before. It is such a great feeling waking up to a clean kitchen. You can just start your morning brewing your coffee and deciding on what you're going to make for breakfast. You won’t have to stand around cleaning last night’s mess up.

5. Open your curtains/blinds. Just allowing the sun in makes a huge difference. It is a great way to brighten your home, but also that sunshine will get you moving.  Every morning I open our curtains/blinds. 

 6. If you love to write, keep a journal. It's a great way to express your thoughts. 

7. Work out. I aim to work out Mon-Fri. I think that working out really does balance everything. It's a great stress reliever and energy booster and of course, you're doing something healthy for you.

8. Eat to nourish your body. Pick foods that you enjoy, but aim for healthier choices. Snacks that I enjoy are apples and almonds. Also, you can dip veggies in hummus or avocado. 

9. Use a therapeutic oil diffuser. I bought a little one and I use it at the end of the night. I just place a few drops of oil in the diffuser with water. It is very relaxing.

10. Rest your mind. At the end of the day, relax. Do something you enjoy and if there is something you want to accomplish make it your mission to do so. 


What are some things that you do for a brighter and healthier day? 
I'd love to hear about it. Feel free and leave a comment below.



Pin for later



Comments

  1. number 4 though! i cleaned my kitchen last night and when I came downstairs this morning, I felt like I had my life together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, it really does make a difference. So happy to hear you felt great!

      Delete
  2. What a great list. For me, number 8 tops the list. Food has such an enormous impact on my mood. If I don't make good, healthy choices, I get bloated, moody, generally unwell. It is so important to eat well and foods that agree with me. I love everything else too including the diffuser. Spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes great tips! I always try to take more walks, as much as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some really good ideas here for sure. I deffo agree, as a walk always clears my mind x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I make my bed every day, even though nobody else usually comes to my house. It just makes the place look so much neater and it's the cue for me to start my day. I've also started writing something every day, even if it's only for ten minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started a journal a couple of days ago, and I love it! I've had tendinitis in my hand, and this is a fantastic way to strengthen my hand by physically writing everyday. But not only that, it just feels good to get my thoughts out on paper, and a great habit. I've also found myself drinking more water each day, which I add sliced lemons to and it tastes great. I need to focus on exercising more often though. That is the one area I've been lacking lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so great - doable even when you feel the mojo is lacking. Sometimes I find I have to 'go through the motions' in order to keep my body healthy, ready for the time when my mind is in a place to be positive again - this is exactly the kind of thing I need. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that kicks off their day by opening all the curtains and blinds in the house. My husband laughs at me because I will literally go from room to room, but it really does make a difference! That natural light instantly puts me in a better and more productive mood!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Please know that it is appreciated. I try my best to respond to every comment. If you have a question feel free and ask.

Popular posts from this blog

Eco-Friendly Craft: Create a beautiful Winter Tree Scenery using Cardboard

  Learn how to create a stunning winter tree scenery using eco-friendly materials like cardboard in this DIY craft tutorial. Embrace your creativity and make a beautiful and sustainable decoration for the winter season. I am excited to be participating in the Sustainable Challenge along with a group of fellow bloggers. We will be sharing eco-friendly and sustainable craft ideas. I cannot wait to share my upcycled craft with you all. The theme for this month is Christmas.  For my project, I chose to repurpose some old cardboard. I believe that using household items in crafting is a great choice. Today, I am excited to share with you a beautiful Winter Tree scenery that I created using cardboard and a few other materials. If you're ready, I would love for you to join me and recreate it. Video tutorial Materials needed for your cardboard craft project: Cardboard Acrylic paint Tissue paper Holiday stencils Paintbrush Scissors Mod Podge Faux snow Paper tree template  Any decorations suc

10 Favorite Summer Quotes

As we approach summer... Let us enjoy these beautiful moments. Be thankful.  Be in the moment.  Embrace each day. Hug the people we love. Spread kindness. Say hello to a stranger. Dance to our favorite song. Play with our children. Cook a favorite meal. Create something new. Just be. Enjoy this list of my 10 favorite summer quotes below Do you have a favorite summer quote?  If so, I'd love to know what it is.  Leave a comment below!  May your days be filled with happiness. Pin it for later

Spring Refresh: Mini Clip Photo Frame Hack for Seasonal Decor

  Are you ready to spruce up your living space this spring? If yes, I have an easy and inexpensive DIY project for you. We will use one of Dollar Tree's mini clip photo frames to create a mini spring display that will complement your existing spring decor. This fun craft project can also be added to a tiered tray.  I'll provide you with a full list of materials below. Materials needed Mini clip photo frame Acrylic paint Decorative floral napkin  Mod Podge  Paintbrush Optional paper flower embellishment/magnet for hanging on the refrigerator Letter stamps and stamp ink pad Scissors Step One: Applying Paint to the Photo Frame Start by taking a paintbrush and applying paint to the frame. I chose to paint my frame white. It took me about two coats of paint to give it complete coverage. Set your frame aside and let it dry. Step Two: Cutting the Napkin Use scissors to cut out any floral designs from your napkin that you want to use in your design. I cut a few leaves and mini flowers

Archive

Show more

Labels

Show more

All content copyright 2010-2024

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.