Skip to main content

10 things you can do for a more brighter and healthier day.


Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret. -Don Miguel Ruiz

 10 things you can do for a brighter and healthier day


1. Drink more water! I'm serious. Start your morning off with a glass of water. I have a favorite water bottle that I normally fill up at the end of the night. In the morning, I just grab that bottle and start drinking. You will feel so much more refreshed and energized. I also enjoy lemon in my morning water.

2. Walk more. I make it a point to walk over 10,000 steps a day. If you're starting off, aim to walk for about 15 minutes after every meal. You will feel great, and you will be on your way to building up your daily steps. 

3. Make your bed and tidy up around the house. I know a lot of people have set cleaning schedules, and many do not. I am honestly always cleaning, and so when I do tidy up a little around the house, it is mainly just me picking up after my little ones. 

4. If you can, try to clean your kitchen the night before. It is such a great feeling waking up to a clean kitchen. You can just start your morning by brewing your coffee and deciding on what you're going to make for breakfast. You won’t have to stand around cleaning up last night’s mess.

5. Open your curtains/blinds. Just allowing the sun in makes a huge difference. It is a great way to brighten your home, but also, that sunshine will get you moving.  Every morning, I open our curtains/blinds. 

 6. If you love to write, keep a journal. It's a great way to express your thoughts. 

7. Work out. I aim to work out Mon-Fri. I think that working out really does balance everything. It's a great stress reliever and energy booster, and of course, you're doing something healthy for yourself.

8. Eat to nourish your body. Pick foods that you enjoy, but aim for healthier choices. Snacks that I enjoy are apples and almonds. Also, you can dip veggies in hummus or avocado. 

9. Use a therapeutic oil diffuser. I bought a little one, and I use it at the end of the night. I just place a few drops of oil in the diffuser with water. It is very relaxing.

10. Rest your mind. At the end of the day, relax. Do something you enjoy, and if there is something you want to accomplish, make it your mission to do so. 


What are some things that you do for a brighter and healthier day? 
I'd love to hear about it. Feel free to leave a comment below.



Pin for later



Comments

  1. number 4 though! i cleaned my kitchen last night and when I came downstairs this morning, I felt like I had my life together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, it really does make a difference. So happy to hear you felt great!

      Delete
  2. What a great list. For me, number 8 tops the list. Food has such an enormous impact on my mood. If I don't make good, healthy choices, I get bloated, moody, generally unwell. It is so important to eat well and foods that agree with me. I love everything else too including the diffuser. Spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes great tips! I always try to take more walks, as much as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some really good ideas here for sure. I deffo agree, as a walk always clears my mind x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I make my bed every day, even though nobody else usually comes to my house. It just makes the place look so much neater and it's the cue for me to start my day. I've also started writing something every day, even if it's only for ten minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started a journal a couple of days ago, and I love it! I've had tendinitis in my hand, and this is a fantastic way to strengthen my hand by physically writing everyday. But not only that, it just feels good to get my thoughts out on paper, and a great habit. I've also found myself drinking more water each day, which I add sliced lemons to and it tastes great. I need to focus on exercising more often though. That is the one area I've been lacking lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so great - doable even when you feel the mojo is lacking. Sometimes I find I have to 'go through the motions' in order to keep my body healthy, ready for the time when my mind is in a place to be positive again - this is exactly the kind of thing I need. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that kicks off their day by opening all the curtains and blinds in the house. My husband laughs at me because I will literally go from room to room, but it really does make a difference! That natural light instantly puts me in a better and more productive mood!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

Easy Floral Decoupage Idea for Faux Pumpkin Display

 Hi everyone! I'm excited to share a simple and easy floral pumpkin design you can create quickly. Today, we will make a faux floral pumpkin display using decoupage and a few additional designs. I'm reusing a foam pumpkin that I bought at Dollar Tree. If you’re ready, let’s begin creating an easy floral decoupage faux pumpkin display! Quick video tutorial **Materials needed:** - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Floral napkin - Faux pearls - Faux flowers - Craft knife - Scissors - Mod Podge Carefully remove the top of your pumpkin. I used my craft knife to go around the top section, creating a hole at the top. Using a paintbrush, apply acrylic paint to the pumpkin. I chose to paint mine black. Next, use scissors to cut out a few flowers from your napkin. Make sure to remove the second layer of the napkin before cutting out the designs.   Once you have your floral designs cut out, use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge to the pumpkin. While the Mod Podge is wet, add the floral napkin c...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.