Skip to main content

Snow Day.-10 things to do on a snow day.

10 things to do on a snow day

1. Play in the snow- Get your kids out and enjoy some time out in the snow.

2.  Choose a few of your favorite books and cozy up and read. Whether you read a book for your enjoyment, or you read to your kids. Enjoy this time.

3. Make some warm cider or cocoa - You can start early in the morning, and prepare either your cider or cocoa in a slow cooker. This way you can sip on it throughout the day.

4. Watch some shows together- Catch up on one of your favorite shows, or enjoy a family-friendly movie/show together.

5. Make a snack mix. - Create your own snack mix. This is great for when you are lounging around and keeping warm by the fireplace. 

6. Put together a puzzle- Do you have a puzzle that you put away and haven't finished yet? If the answer is yes, maybe take this time and put it together. 

7. Play a few board games- Set out some board games and enjoy playing them as a family. 

8. Build a blanket fort- This is always so much fun. Make sure to add blankets and pillows. (Maybe even sneak in a nap)

9. Create a craft space- Take out some beads, glitter glue, buttons, and much more. Get hands-on and create something.

10. Relax- You've made it this far. Take this time to relax. Relax your mind and body. After all the fun you had, make sure to take some time out for yourself! 


Do you live in an area that snows? If so, what are some activities that you enjoy doing during snowy weather? Feel free and comment below! 
I hope that you have enjoyed this list of things to do on a snow day. Please be sure to share! I appreciate all of you! Thank you.

♡
Stephanie


Pin/save/share for later





Comments

  1. Great list! I hope we get some snow this year.
    Thanks, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, thank you. I hope that you get
    Snow over where you are at.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me crave a snow day! Thanks for the lovely tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a list for a snow day! Great ideas. We haven't had snow in Ireland this year, but there is definitely still time for it to make an appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! What a great list! Building a blanket fort is one of my favorite things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this list! Hope to experience snow day this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great list for snow days but I'm not certain my kids will be seeing snow days anymore since COVID and virtual learning. Rumor has it that if there is snow the kids will just go virtual instead of in person. Not fair to them at all so I hope they get to use some of these great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, thank you! I know everything has really changed since Covid. When it snows here my girls enjoy going on and playing in it. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I love this list! We don't have children ourselves, but I've had the nieces and nephews over here when the weather isn't the nicest... Last time we did a couple things on your list. We built blanket forts in the living room, then curled up in them to watch a movie together. It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britt, thank you so much! It is so nice to build blanket forts, and just enjoy a movie together.- Always a great time! :)

      Delete
  9. London doesn't have much snow, but I grew up in Switzerland, where it can be extremely snowy! As a child, the best days were the ones when I went out sledding, then came home wet, cold and tired to the fragrant kitchen, warmed up by the fire and ate homemade cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so not ready for snow. It's a long way to it (first mid to late November and it will be there to stay only 2021 if 2020 is normal at least in these terms). however your listed activities sound like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to curl up on the couch with my favorite blanket, a cup of coffee, and a book. I open the curtains so I can see the beautiful snow outside while I'm reading and staying warm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's been so long we haven't experienced the snow. Now I know what to do next time when we have a snowy holiday. Hope things turn around soon so that we can dash off during December.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.