Skip to main content

Crafting Personalized Thanksgiving Place Cards with Air Dry Clay and Pie Stamps

Hey there! I am thrilled to introduce you to an exciting Thanksgiving craft that will add a wonderful touch to your holiday table. This project involves using air-dry clay and pie stamps to create personalized and unique place cards. Do not worry, I will provide you with a step-by-step guide throughout the entire process. Additionally, we will use paint, twine, and a brown paper bag to give our place cards a festive feel. 

Completed clay place cards displayed on an orange Kitchen hand towel near yellow faux leaves and yellow daisies inside of a mini orange pumpkin vase

Air-dry clay, wooden stamps, brown paper bag and other materials

Materials needed

Pie stamps which can be obtained from Joann's

Acrylic paint 

Air-dry clay

A hole puncher

Paintbrush

Wooden beads

Twine

A brown paper bag (or any other material you prefer to use as a template), one pencil, and scissors.

Rolled out clay near pie stamps

Working with air clay

Begin by flattening the air-dry clay, using either your hands or a roller. Once the clay has been flattened, use the pie stamps to press your desired design into the clay. Following the stamping process, remove any excess clay around the outer edge of the stamp and use the stamp press to release your clay design. 

It's worth noting that for optimal results, it's best to wait until your clay has fully dried before applying paint. It's recommended to let the clay dry for at least 24 hours. If you plan to add twine to your clay creation, you can make the process easier by creating a hole in the clay before it dries. This can be done by using a small paintbrush to gently push into the clay and create the hole.

Acrylic paint, paintbrush, and unpainted clay designs on a table

Painted clay designs

Adding Acrylic paint

To create your clay design, first apply acrylic paint to each stamp using a paintbrush. After painting, set the design aside.

Traced out shapes on brown paper bag

Ink, paper tags, and wooden letter stamps

Creating and tracing a design

Next, take a paper bag and either trace a template or design your own shape. For example, consider tracing a wooden keychain onto a paper bag. After tracing or cutting out the tag, use letter stamps to imprint names or initials onto the paper.

Using a hole puncher, make holes on each side of the paper tags.

Twine with wooden beads

Designing and adding beads to paper tags

String a few wooden beads onto the twine, then pull the twine through the paper tag and tie it off. Be sure to leave enough twine to pull it through the clay design. Once the twine is pulled through the clay, tie it off. You should now have the clay, paper tag, and wooden beads at the top of the paper bag.

Painted clay place cards with paper tags and wooden beads

Your custom Thanksgiving place cards are complete! I love that I personalized each one using clay, letter stamps, and pie stamps, and reused a paper bag.

Thank you for joining me today. I hope you had fun making your personalized place cards, and I'm sure your guests will love them!

You may also enjoy this craft

Create an Easy Fall Sign: DIY Tutorial with Faux Leaves and Thankful Design

Pinterest pin showing painted clay designs along with text description

Comments

  1. How pretty and made of clay, I like them!! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 133. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these so much! What a darling idea. Pinning, for sure. :) Visiting from Crazy Little Lovebirds linkup #9. (I'd love you to share this at Will Blog for Comments, too! https://lifetalesbooks.blogspot.com/p/calling-fellow-bloggers.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Thank you for sharing this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute, what a lovely idea to make your table really special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 28. Pinned again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Joy, thank you. This craft was fun to create. It's actually pretty simple to create.

      Delete
  7. I have always wanted to try air clay. This seems simple enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable!! How festive for a Thanksgiving table! Thanks so much for sharing at Home Imagined this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so pretty! So special for each guest. I'm happy to tell you I'll be featuring this post at Thursday Favorite Things today, starting at 10:00 a.m. CST. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, thank you. 😊 I appreciate it very much.

      Delete
  10. So very cute and creative. Perfect for place cards. I am happy to feature your personalized Thanksgiving place cards at Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you so much. 😊 I'm excited to be featured at your party.

      Delete
  11. CONGRATS Stephanie! Your post is FEATURED at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 29. And, I just noticed your logo of the little ♥ birds kissing under the umbrella, how cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you. I'm happy to be featured at your party. Aw, and that is cute that you noticed the two birds. I just changed it over the weekend. Thank you. 🥰

      Delete
    2. Looks cute and I saw that you changed the other blog too :)

      Delete
  12. These are adorable! I would love these for our Thanksgiving table! Pinning and thanks for sharing at The Home Imagined link party. XO-MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MaryJo, thank you. 😊 I'm happy to hear you enjoyed them.

      Delete
  13. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 135. Tried to pin again but it won't let me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you. I'll need to see why it doesn't let you.

      Delete
  14. This is such a cute idea! I love the pumpkin especially. Thanks for linking up with Tell It To Me Tuesday, I hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are so stinkin' cute! Love them. Thank you for linking up on Farmhouse Friday 323. I'll be featuring this post tomorrow. Hope you link up again soon. pinned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, thank you so much. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed them. I'm excited to be featured at your party. :)

      Delete
  16. What a fun (and memorable) way to welcome guests to your Thanksgiving table! I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday . I adore these and they can be adapted for parties and different holidays. I'm thinking for my daughters baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. Oh yes, they sure can be adapted for parties and different holidays. I love that idea. And that sounds wonderful to use for a baby shower. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  18. They are so pretty! My grandchildren will enjoy making them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, aw this would be great to work on with your grandchildren. 🥰 Thank you so much for visiting.

      Delete
  19. These are darling Steph. Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial with Sweet Tea & Friends this month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is soooo cute! Like everything you make, these little cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariama, thank you so much. I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  21. These look great and will make people feel very special. Thanks for sharing step-by-step tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are too kind. I'm glad you enjoyed this DIY project.

      Delete
  22. These are fabulous and I'm featuring when my party opens.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing with us, I'm featuring you this week when the next To Grandma's house we go link party starts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this Thanksgiving craft! It's easy enough I can do it with even my youngest grandkids! from Saturday Sparks #29, 30 and 33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you! I am happy you enjoyed this craft. :)

      Delete
  25. I really love these, Steph! So pretty. I need to do these this year. Visiting from the Wednesdays in the Studio link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you! I was surprised at how well they turned out. It was such a fun little craft. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

Dollar Tree Peel‑and‑Stick Wallpaper Box Makeover

I transformed a simple, everyday box into a beautiful and functional storage piece for my belongings. This makeover is both easy and budget-friendly, using affordable supplies from Dollar Tree along with some creative touches to enhance the box's appearance. With a few simple steps, you can create an attractive decorative storage box that can be styled in any room of your home. Whether you're looking to organize small items on your desk or add a pop of color to your living space, this project is versatile and practical. If you have a box that you're considering throwing away, think again! This DIY project not only gives new life to unused items but also allows you to showcase your creative side. Join me as I guide you through transforming an ordinary box into a charming accent piece you'll love to display. Watch the video tutorial Materials Peel‑and‑stick wallpaper (Dollar Tree) Gold acrylic paint Decorative edge scissors Adhesive gems Paintbrush Optional: greenery or s...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.