Skip to main content

Simple activities to welcome Spring with your children

Welcome the arrival of Spring with your children with these simple and fun activities. Get ideas for engaging and enjoyable ways to celebrate the season together.



Prepare an indoor greenhouse


You have two options: you can either purchase a basic indoor greenhouse or you can create one yourself with a few materials. This activity is great for your children as they can plant seeds and observe the growth of their plants. 
Additionally, your children can make some adorable garden buddies. I have included a link below for more information.
Little garden buddies

Enjoy a scavenger hunt



It's always refreshing to spend some time outdoors. Enjoy a fun spring scavenger hunt with your kids and see what cool things you can find!

Create sidewalk art


Sidewalk art is always so much fun! Create flowers, butterflies, rainbows, and more! 
Enjoy the beautiful weather, and enjoy this time being creative.


Paint a springtime picture


Gather some paint, paper, and your creativity. Join your kids, and create some beautiful springtime art.


Go to your local library and check out books on welcoming Spring



At the library, you'll find many books on welcoming Spring. Check out a few books, and sit and read with your children. They will truly enjoy this time.
These are a few Springtime books we love! Link below
Spring time books

Visit a nature center


You'll find so much at your local nature center. Kids can explore books, see puppet shows, attend events geared toward their age group, and go on many fun adventures.

Observe baby animals
"Please remember to be mindful of baby animals and their space. When observing them, refrain from touching any baby animal. Encourage your kids to observe baby animals and talk about them. If you see a baby bunny or a baby bird, take the time to discuss their home, the food they eat, and the differences between each animal."


Create a Spring time craft

Set aside some craft materials, and create a simple springtime craft.
I've provided links below to some simple springtime crafts that my kids have enjoyed.

TP roll Spring butterfly and bumblebee

Springtime sun catcher

Springtime hanging decoration


Enjoy a hike



If the weather is nice, go out and enjoy a beautiful hike with your family.
Make sure to pack some water and snacks. Enjoy the sunshine and the beauty of nature.


Visit a botanical garden

Visit a botanical garden in your area. Your kids will love this time exploring different plants and learning about these plants. Viewing a wide variety of plants.

*******
How do you welcome Spring?
I'd love to hear from all of you.
Of course, if you loved this post, please feel free to share.

Pin for later




Comments

  1. The coronavirus quarantine has provided many families the opportunity to spend time with their children and get a jump start on spring activities like planting seeds. I’ve been walking the neighborhood daily and have seen many children and adults with chalk on the driveway writing positive messages. Hopefully we all get a chance sooner than later to enjoy all that spring has to offer. Once it warms up my kids and I will get our garden going for summer and fall harvest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, yes I had hear of the chalk, and positive messages. I believe it was on the 21st of this month. I thought it sounded like a a nice way to spread some kindness. We can all use some right now. Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you and your kids enjoy some time out in the garden very soon.

      Delete
  2. This is a great list of options. My first preferences are all related to the outdoors including the scavenger hunt, nature center, observing animals and hiking. However, the other ideas you have included are fabulous if cooped up indoors with the current coronavirus situation. Some great ideas to keep kids occupied and entertained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, thank you! I think it is important that we can all enjoy these activities especially during such a hard time. Get outdoors, and just really take it all in. :) Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. This brings me back to my childhood. My mother would always have us dive into everything crafty. We also did a lot of things around nature. We would watch NatGeo, read books about nature and go on little walks or ride our bicycles around the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I love that it brought you back to your childhood. When my dad passed away I thought about how it was when I was little girl, and he would help me around on my bicycle. I miss those moments. It sounds like you had a lovely childhood. I think it is so important for us all to hang on to all of those special memories.

      Delete
  4. We took a walk the other day and came upon a neighbour's house where the children had taken to the sidewalk to decorate with sidewalk chalk. They wrote such special messages, trying to encourage those who saw them in the face of all that is going on in the world today. It really brought a smile to my face :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britt, I absolutely love your comment. I heard about the special messages, and I thought it was such a lovely idea. That would have brought a smile to my face as well. Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  5. Enjoy a scavenger hunts are so simple and very fun for children. Springtime is the best to do a little cleaning too. But the kids don't know that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah what would kids know about cleaning! That made me laugh. If I can get my oldest to clean her room during Spring break I will be surprised. ;)

      Delete
  6. I like your ideas. My kids are outside all the time! But I especially like how you teach the kids to observe nature and not necessarily try to capture it. I always want my kids to respect the wild and observe them at a distance so as not to scare them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexandra, thank you. I agree I think it is very important to respect nature, and observe from a distance. Thank you so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. All the ideas are great... if only we didn't have the coronavirus quarantine. The libraries, nature centers, and botanical gardens are closed, unfortunately. But you gave many other great tips that are very doable and helpful, even more so while families got a lot of time now to spend together. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, thank you. Yes when everything is back to normal I really hope parents take their kids out and just enjoy time out in nature, attend events, and just take it all in. We all need to really just enjoy once things go back to normal.

      Delete
  8. I've been debating starting my own small indoor greenhouse, so this was the perfect thing to read! I don't have any real outdoor space, but I want the ability to grow my own vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple, doable and absolutely fun. Sending it to my sister

    ReplyDelete
  10. With all in lock down due to the virus and all outdoor activities prohibited trying their hand at painting would be a great idea for the kids if they normally do not spend much time on it otherwise.Sidewalk art is again a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Please know that it is appreciated. I try my best to respond to every comment. If you have a question feel free and ask.

Popular posts from this blog

Eco-Friendly Craft: Create a beautiful Winter Tree Scenery using Cardboard

  Learn how to create a stunning winter tree scenery using eco-friendly materials like cardboard in this DIY craft tutorial. Embrace your creativity and make a beautiful and sustainable decoration for the winter season. I am excited to be participating in the Sustainable Challenge along with a group of fellow bloggers. We will be sharing eco-friendly and sustainable craft ideas. I cannot wait to share my upcycled craft with you all. The theme for this month is Christmas.  For my project, I chose to repurpose some old cardboard. I believe that using household items in crafting is a great choice. Today, I am excited to share with you a beautiful Winter Tree scenery that I created using cardboard and a few other materials. If you're ready, I would love for you to join me and recreate it. Video tutorial Materials needed for your cardboard craft project: Cardboard Acrylic paint Tissue paper Holiday stencils Paintbrush Scissors Mod Podge Faux snow Paper tree template  Any decorations suc

10 Favorite Summer Quotes

As we approach summer, let us cherish these beautiful moments and be thankful. Let's make the most out of each day by living in the moment, embracing our loved ones, spreading kindness, greeting strangers, dancing to our favorite songs, playing with our children, cooking our favorite meals, creating something new, and simply being present. 10 favorite summer quotes to enjoy Do you have a favorite summer quote?  If so, I'd love to know what it is.  Leave a comment below!  May your days be filled with happiness. Pin it for later

Spring Refresh: Mini Clip Photo Frame Hack for Seasonal Decor

  Are you ready to spruce up your living space this spring? If yes, I have an easy and inexpensive DIY project for you. We will use one of Dollar Tree's mini clip photo frames to create a mini spring display that will complement your existing spring decor. This fun craft project can also be added to a tiered tray.  I'll provide you with a full list of materials below. Materials needed Mini clip photo frame Acrylic paint Decorative floral napkin  Mod Podge  Paintbrush Optional paper flower embellishment/magnet for hanging on the refrigerator Letter stamps and stamp ink pad Scissors Step One: Applying Paint to the Photo Frame Start by taking a paintbrush and applying paint to the frame. I chose to paint my frame white. It took me about two coats of paint to give it complete coverage. Set your frame aside and let it dry. Step Two: Cutting the Napkin Use scissors to cut out any floral designs from your napkin that you want to use in your design. I cut a few leaves and mini flowers

Archive

Show more

Labels

Show more

All content copyright 2010-2024

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.