Skip to main content

Simple activities to welcome Spring with your children

Welcome the arrival of Spring with your children with these simple and fun activities. Get ideas for engaging and enjoyable ways to celebrate the season together.



Prepare an indoor greenhouse


You have two options: you can either purchase a basic indoor greenhouse or you can create one yourself with a few materials. This activity is great for your children as they can plant seeds and observe the growth of their plants. 
Additionally, your children can make some adorable garden buddies. I have included a link below for more information.
Little garden buddies

Enjoy a scavenger hunt



It's always refreshing to spend some time outdoors. Enjoy a fun spring scavenger hunt with your kids and see what cool things you can find!

Create sidewalk art


Sidewalk art is always so much fun! Create flowers, butterflies, rainbows, and more! 
Enjoy the beautiful weather, and enjoy this time being creative.


Paint a springtime picture


Gather some paint, paper, and your creativity. Join your kids, and create some beautiful springtime art.


Go to your local library and check out books on welcoming Spring



At the library, you'll find many books on welcoming Spring. Check out a few books, and sit and read with your children. They will truly enjoy this time.
These are a few Springtime books we love! Link below
Spring time books

Visit a nature center


You'll find so much at your local nature center. Kids can explore books, see puppet shows, attend events geared toward their age group, and go on many fun adventures.

Observe baby animals
"Please remember to be mindful of baby animals and their space. When observing them, refrain from touching any baby animal. Encourage your kids to observe baby animals and talk about them. If you see a baby bunny or a baby bird, take the time to discuss their home, the food they eat, and the differences between each animal."


Create a Spring time craft

Set aside some craft materials, and create a simple springtime craft.
I've provided links below to some simple springtime crafts that my kids have enjoyed.

TP roll Spring butterfly and bumblebee

Springtime sun catcher

Springtime hanging decoration


Enjoy a hike



If the weather is nice, go out and enjoy a beautiful hike with your family.
Make sure to pack some water and snacks. Enjoy the sunshine and the beauty of nature.


Visit a botanical garden

Visit a botanical garden in your area. Your kids will love this time exploring different plants and learning about these plants. Viewing a wide variety of plants.

*******
How do you welcome Spring?
I'd love to hear from all of you.
Of course, if you loved this post, please feel free to share.

Pin for later




Comments

  1. The coronavirus quarantine has provided many families the opportunity to spend time with their children and get a jump start on spring activities like planting seeds. I’ve been walking the neighborhood daily and have seen many children and adults with chalk on the driveway writing positive messages. Hopefully we all get a chance sooner than later to enjoy all that spring has to offer. Once it warms up my kids and I will get our garden going for summer and fall harvest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, yes I had hear of the chalk, and positive messages. I believe it was on the 21st of this month. I thought it sounded like a a nice way to spread some kindness. We can all use some right now. Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you and your kids enjoy some time out in the garden very soon.

      Delete
  2. This is a great list of options. My first preferences are all related to the outdoors including the scavenger hunt, nature center, observing animals and hiking. However, the other ideas you have included are fabulous if cooped up indoors with the current coronavirus situation. Some great ideas to keep kids occupied and entertained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, thank you! I think it is important that we can all enjoy these activities especially during such a hard time. Get outdoors, and just really take it all in. :) Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. This brings me back to my childhood. My mother would always have us dive into everything crafty. We also did a lot of things around nature. We would watch NatGeo, read books about nature and go on little walks or ride our bicycles around the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I love that it brought you back to your childhood. When my dad passed away I thought about how it was when I was little girl, and he would help me around on my bicycle. I miss those moments. It sounds like you had a lovely childhood. I think it is so important for us all to hang on to all of those special memories.

      Delete
  4. We took a walk the other day and came upon a neighbour's house where the children had taken to the sidewalk to decorate with sidewalk chalk. They wrote such special messages, trying to encourage those who saw them in the face of all that is going on in the world today. It really brought a smile to my face :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britt, I absolutely love your comment. I heard about the special messages, and I thought it was such a lovely idea. That would have brought a smile to my face as well. Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  5. Enjoy a scavenger hunts are so simple and very fun for children. Springtime is the best to do a little cleaning too. But the kids don't know that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah what would kids know about cleaning! That made me laugh. If I can get my oldest to clean her room during Spring break I will be surprised. ;)

      Delete
  6. I like your ideas. My kids are outside all the time! But I especially like how you teach the kids to observe nature and not necessarily try to capture it. I always want my kids to respect the wild and observe them at a distance so as not to scare them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexandra, thank you. I agree I think it is very important to respect nature, and observe from a distance. Thank you so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. All the ideas are great... if only we didn't have the coronavirus quarantine. The libraries, nature centers, and botanical gardens are closed, unfortunately. But you gave many other great tips that are very doable and helpful, even more so while families got a lot of time now to spend together. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, thank you. Yes when everything is back to normal I really hope parents take their kids out and just enjoy time out in nature, attend events, and just take it all in. We all need to really just enjoy once things go back to normal.

      Delete
  8. I've been debating starting my own small indoor greenhouse, so this was the perfect thing to read! I don't have any real outdoor space, but I want the ability to grow my own vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple, doable and absolutely fun. Sending it to my sister

    ReplyDelete
  10. With all in lock down due to the virus and all outdoor activities prohibited trying their hand at painting would be a great idea for the kids if they normally do not spend much time on it otherwise.Sidewalk art is again a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.