Skip to main content

Virtual learning/working. Helpful tips, ideas, and inspiration.

  As many of us are adapting to a new way of learning and working from home, it is normal to feel overwhelmed. However, some helpful tips can make this transition easier. I have been fortunate enough to have experience with virtual learning for my daughters, and I would like to share some insights that might help you too.


Maintain a consistent schedule: Having a consistent routine can make a big difference in your day. Try to maintain a regular bedtime and wake-up time. It will help you to feel more organized and focused throughout the day. Getting enough sleep every night is also important for your overall well-being.


Eat a healthy breakfast: A healthy breakfast can give you energy and help you start your day off right. Even if you're not a big breakfast person, try to have something small. You could have fruit, yogurt, oats, or whole-grain toast with your favorite spread.


Start your day with a positive attitude: A positive attitude can make all the difference in your day. Try to enter your day with a smile on your face, and a positive outlook. It can improve your mood and help you to tackle your day with a better mindset.


Take breaks: Taking breaks is essential when you're working or studying. Get up, stretch, and take a short walk. You could even get some fresh air outside. It will help you to recharge and stay focused.


Listen to music: Listening to music can help to reduce stress, stimulate your mind, and improve your cognitive abilities. Turn on some music while you're studying or working.


Snack on healthy foods: Snacking on healthy foods can help boost your energy levels and provide you with essential nutrients. You could try fruit, nuts, or whole-grain crackers with hummus. Preparing your snacks the night before is always a good idea.


Create an organized workspace: Having an organized workspace can help you to stay focused and productive. Make sure you have a comfortable chair and a well-lit area. Also, include a space for pens, pencils, and other tools you need for your work or study. You could also have a filing area for papers and documents.





Pin/Share/Save For Later


Have you had to work or learn from home? If yes, what has been your experience? Share a helpful tip in the comments.


Comments

  1. Ah yes, remote working - can have so many pitfalls! Mine was always mindless snacking. I swapped for veggie sticks (going to bring some hummus next time too). I also make myself read a real book before bedtime too - to stop me being on the screen all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, veggie sticks sound great! I love veggie sticks with hummus too. And a good book before bedtime instead of screen time is definitely a great swap. :)

      Delete
  2. There are some really good hints and tips here. I agree with all these, a good space, breakfast and taking breaks are a must x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, thank you. Yes I feel like all of those things mentioned are so helpful. :)

      Delete
  3. Some great tips. I've felt that a schedule really helps in my house, we all benefit from it massively and everyone knows what to expect throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, thank you! Schedules really are helpful. :)

      Delete
  4. virtual learning is a bit hard on me. I love it but I often tend to get distracted with the tiny things I need to do right now (and yes hugging my dog is a priority). Your tips are every helpful to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often get distracted as well. I'm noticing it helps when I plan things out for that day. If I set a certain time for each task it really seems to help. :)

      Delete
  5. Having an organized space is the key for me to be successful. My office is a space that I am now sharing with my husband while he attends school. Having that organization means that I can move my work or computer to another room if I need to, or him do the same. We've been working together in sharing the space well, but that right there was my biggest worry when we started doing virtual/distance stuff more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica, I agree an organized space is key! It sounds like you and your husband have a great plan, and working together to keep things organized is wonderful.

      Delete
  6. Taking breaks is SO important and yet often overlooked. I know that I have fallen into that trap one too many times. Recently, I've been choosing shows on Netflix and allowing myself to cuddle up on the couch with the pups during my 'lunch break', watching the show of choice that day. It helps me to stick with the timing of that break vs wolfing down my lunch and jumping back into it or working through lunch. I also use things like walking the dogs to help encourage smaller breaks throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britt, yes I agree taking breaks are often overlooked. I love that you have that time to cuddle with your pups. And walking your pups is always nice, and not to mention a great activity that can give a burst of energy. :)

      Delete
  7. Some great tips! I have been teaching online for many months now and it's definitely important to have some healthy snacks and get up in between sessions. Right now, I'm working on drinking more, as well. It's easy to forget when engrossed in lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, yes another tip is stay hydrated! I sometimes forget to drink, and later I must deal with the consequences so not being hydrated. I'm glad you mentioned that!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Please know that it is appreciated. I try my best to respond to every comment. If you have a question feel free and ask.

Popular posts from this blog

Eco-Friendly Craft: Create a beautiful Winter Tree Scenery using Cardboard

  Learn how to create a stunning winter tree scenery using eco-friendly materials like cardboard in this DIY craft tutorial. Embrace your creativity and make a beautiful and sustainable decoration for the winter season. I am excited to be participating in the Sustainable Challenge along with a group of fellow bloggers. We will be sharing eco-friendly and sustainable craft ideas. I cannot wait to share my upcycled craft with you all. The theme for this month is Christmas.  For my project, I chose to repurpose some old cardboard. I believe that using household items in crafting is a great choice. Today, I am excited to share with you a beautiful Winter Tree scenery that I created using cardboard and a few other materials. If you're ready, I would love for you to join me and recreate it. Video tutorial Materials needed for your cardboard craft project: Cardboard Acrylic paint Tissue paper Holiday stencils Paintbrush Scissors Mod Podge Faux snow Paper tree template  Any decorations suc

10 Favorite Summer Quotes

As we approach summer, let us cherish these beautiful moments and be thankful. Let's make the most out of each day by living in the moment, embracing our loved ones, spreading kindness, greeting strangers, dancing to our favorite songs, playing with our children, cooking our favorite meals, creating something new, and simply being present. 10 favorite summer quotes to enjoy Do you have a favorite summer quote?  If so, I'd love to know what it is.  Leave a comment below!  May your days be filled with happiness. Pin it for later

Spring Refresh: Mini Clip Photo Frame Hack for Seasonal Decor

  Are you ready to spruce up your living space this spring? If yes, I have an easy and inexpensive DIY project for you. We will use one of Dollar Tree's mini clip photo frames to create a mini spring display that will complement your existing spring decor. This fun craft project can also be added to a tiered tray.  I'll provide you with a full list of materials below. Materials needed Mini clip photo frame Acrylic paint Decorative floral napkin  Mod Podge  Paintbrush Optional paper flower embellishment/magnet for hanging on the refrigerator Letter stamps and stamp ink pad Scissors Step One: Applying Paint to the Photo Frame Start by taking a paintbrush and applying paint to the frame. I chose to paint my frame white. It took me about two coats of paint to give it complete coverage. Set your frame aside and let it dry. Step Two: Cutting the Napkin Use scissors to cut out any floral designs from your napkin that you want to use in your design. I cut a few leaves and mini flowers

Archive

Show more

Labels

Show more

All content copyright 2010-2024

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.