Skip to main content

DIY Dollar Tree Holiday Tray Decoration

I'm excited to share with you a new craft that's perfect for those with a creative spirit, as well as those who may not be as experienced with crafts but are willing to give it a try. This particular craft is incredibly easy and requires just a few materials, all of which can be found at your local Dollar Tree. So if you're ready to get creative, let's dive in and make this craft together. I promise it's so easy – anyone can do it!

This craft can be given as a gift
It can also be displayed with mini-lights
It can be used as a centerpiece decoration

Materials Needed
1 Wooden tray
1 pack of  small Christmas craft trees
1 red truck with a trailer
2 packs of benches, and a light post
white paint
red paint
1 paint brush
hot glue
gold glitter glue
1 set of Christmas home ornaments

To create your holiday background, start by painting the inside of your tray with two coats of white paint. Once the white paint has fully dried, paint the outer portions of your tray with red paint. You can also add some gold glitter glue around the outer portion of your tray to give the red paint a nice sparkle, but this step is optional.

Now comes the fun part! Set up your holiday decorations in your tray. Choose where you want your trees, benches, trucks, and light posts to go. Once you have chosen the spot for each item, use hot glue to glue everything in place.

And there you have it! Your new holiday tray decoration is complete and ready to be displayed. If you enjoyed this craft, be sure to visit my page for more ideas. Fun crafts and projects.

Do you decorate during the holiday season? If so, is there a craft that you plan on making this holiday season? 

I'd love to hear all about it! Let me know in the comments below.

Pin/share/save for later


Comments

  1. Thanks for posting at Funtastic Friday. Pinned to my Dollar Store board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that? Love it! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 18, open until November 26. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you! It is always so much fun stopping by your party. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this idea so much and it looks really easy to do. We may have to add this to our gingerbread house night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, thank you! I'm sure this would look wonderful added to your gingerbread house. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow how clever and craft are you. this looks so good and I can't believe how much you have done this for - great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, thank you! Yes it was inexpensive, and just really a fun craft to put together.

      Delete
  5. This is such a cute holiday decoration and it looks pretty simple to make too. I love it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, thank you! It was really simple to put together, and so much fun. :)

      Delete
  6. This looks so fun. Something my daughter and I do at the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonia, thank you! I think this would be a great project to do with your daughter. It is really fun. :)

      Delete
  7. This would be so cute as a centerpiece or just decoration as you mentioned. Thanks for sharing! I'm visiting from the Encouraging Hearts and Home linkup today. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marielle, aw thank you! I'm always so happy to see new visitors. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. That is such a simple DIY but the end result is adorable. We don't decorate too much for the holiday season, but Halloween is BIG in our house and I bet I could do a pretty fun spooky scene using this same approach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britt, ooooh I may actually make a spooky scene next Halloween! I LOVE that idea!!

      Delete
  9. Marilyn, thank you! I love stopping by your Over The Moon party. It is always so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cute is that! and simple to use as well! absolutely charming and totally doable even to me. will try it later on

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to go run by my own local Dollar Tree and find these trays! I want to buy them out and use them for every holiday! Such a neat idea. I had never even considered using a tray like that, but I love the idea. They really could be used for many holidays, just buy and paint them in colors with the corresponding holiday. I could also see this being a great gift idea. Like my thought would be for sports fans. Find some knick knacks in team colors and paint the tray to match. Easy/cute center piece for game day, to add to the party and theme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always need cute and easy things to do with the grandkids...I like this one! I never go to Dollar Tree, but I will make a trip there today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 32. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 161

     Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #161! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, blogging friends! We are just a few days away from our much-needed vacation. We’ll be exploring and doing what we love: attending a concert. We leave early next week. Just a heads-up: the next party, scheduled to open on Friday the 16th, won’t have featured posts since I will be out of town. However, I will have it set up as a scheduled post, so it will still go live. I will be returning on the 19th.  Please feel free to share your posts at the party! The party on the 23rd will include featured posts. Thank you all for sharing at the party; I truly appreciate all of you. Congratulations to our featured bloggers To visit the blogs of the featured bloggers, simply click on ...

DIY Holiday Glass Candle Display- An Upcycled Craft

Learn how to create a beautiful holiday glass candle display using upcycled materials with this DIY craft project. Perfect for adding a festive touch to your home decor. Find step-by-step instructions and inspiration for this creative and sustainable holiday project. Recently, I have been feeling very festive and have been enjoying decorating, baking, and much more. I noticed that I had a few glass jars and old candle jars around my home, and I wanted to create something simple. I thought a candle display would be great and easy to create. If you have any pasta jars, old candle jars, or any glass jars, this craft is perfect for you! For this project, you will need the following materials: Frosted Glass Spray (I used Rust-Oleum) Gold wire Stretch cord (optional) Holiday greenery, berries, and any holiday decoration can be added Flameless tealights Mini ornaments (I used one for this project) You can find flameless tealights at your local Big Lots store. A pack of 10 with extra batteries...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.