Skip to main content

Virtual learning/working. Helpful tips, ideas, and inspiration.

  As many of us are adapting to a new way of learning and working from home, it is normal to feel overwhelmed. However, some helpful tips can make this transition easier. I have been fortunate enough to have experience with virtual learning for my daughters, and I would like to share some insights that might help you too.


Maintain a consistent schedule: Having a consistent routine can make a big difference in your day. Try to maintain a regular bedtime and wake-up time. It will help you to feel more organized and focused throughout the day. Getting enough sleep every night is also important for your overall well-being.


Eat a healthy breakfast: A healthy breakfast can give you energy and help you start your day off right. Even if you're not a big breakfast person, try to have something small. You could have fruit, yogurt, oats, or whole-grain toast with your favorite spread.


Start your day with a positive attitude: A positive attitude can make all the difference in your day. Try to enter your day with a smile on your face, and a positive outlook. It can improve your mood and help you to tackle your day with a better mindset.


Take breaks: Taking breaks is essential when you're working or studying. Get up, stretch, and take a short walk. You could even get some fresh air outside. It will help you to recharge and stay focused.


Listen to music: Listening to music can help to reduce stress, stimulate your mind, and improve your cognitive abilities. Turn on some music while you're studying or working.


Snack on healthy foods: Snacking on healthy foods can help boost your energy levels and provide you with essential nutrients. You could try fruit, nuts, or whole-grain crackers with hummus. Preparing your snacks the night before is always a good idea.


Create an organized workspace: Having an organized workspace can help you to stay focused and productive. Make sure you have a comfortable chair and a well-lit area. Also, include a space for pens, pencils, and other tools you need for your work or study. You could also have a filing area for papers and documents.





Pin/Share/Save For Later


Have you had to work or learn from home? If yes, what has been your experience? Share a helpful tip in the comments.


Comments

  1. Ah yes, remote working - can have so many pitfalls! Mine was always mindless snacking. I swapped for veggie sticks (going to bring some hummus next time too). I also make myself read a real book before bedtime too - to stop me being on the screen all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, veggie sticks sound great! I love veggie sticks with hummus too. And a good book before bedtime instead of screen time is definitely a great swap. :)

      Delete
  2. There are some really good hints and tips here. I agree with all these, a good space, breakfast and taking breaks are a must x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, thank you. Yes I feel like all of those things mentioned are so helpful. :)

      Delete
  3. Some great tips. I've felt that a schedule really helps in my house, we all benefit from it massively and everyone knows what to expect throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, thank you! Schedules really are helpful. :)

      Delete
  4. virtual learning is a bit hard on me. I love it but I often tend to get distracted with the tiny things I need to do right now (and yes hugging my dog is a priority). Your tips are every helpful to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often get distracted as well. I'm noticing it helps when I plan things out for that day. If I set a certain time for each task it really seems to help. :)

      Delete
  5. Having an organized space is the key for me to be successful. My office is a space that I am now sharing with my husband while he attends school. Having that organization means that I can move my work or computer to another room if I need to, or him do the same. We've been working together in sharing the space well, but that right there was my biggest worry when we started doing virtual/distance stuff more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica, I agree an organized space is key! It sounds like you and your husband have a great plan, and working together to keep things organized is wonderful.

      Delete
  6. Taking breaks is SO important and yet often overlooked. I know that I have fallen into that trap one too many times. Recently, I've been choosing shows on Netflix and allowing myself to cuddle up on the couch with the pups during my 'lunch break', watching the show of choice that day. It helps me to stick with the timing of that break vs wolfing down my lunch and jumping back into it or working through lunch. I also use things like walking the dogs to help encourage smaller breaks throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britt, yes I agree taking breaks are often overlooked. I love that you have that time to cuddle with your pups. And walking your pups is always nice, and not to mention a great activity that can give a burst of energy. :)

      Delete
  7. Some great tips! I have been teaching online for many months now and it's definitely important to have some healthy snacks and get up in between sessions. Right now, I'm working on drinking more, as well. It's easy to forget when engrossed in lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, yes another tip is stay hydrated! I sometimes forget to drink, and later I must deal with the consequences so not being hydrated. I'm glad you mentioned that!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.