Skip to main content

DIY Fall Picture Frame Art Display

Greetings, lovely people! I hope you're all doing great. I'm thrilled to present to you a fantastic autumn-inspired picture frame art display that's easy to make. With just a handful of materials, we'll be painting, incorporating faux sunflowers, and any other fall-themed embellishments of your liking. Are you eager to create something new? Then, without further ado, let's get started!

DIY Fall Picture Frame Art Display

Painted yellow picture frame with yellow paper sunflowers and red truck decoration displayed by mini pumpkins

Painted Yellow picture frame with yellow sunflowers and red truck decoration hanging on a door

Craft materials such as paint, twine, paper flowers and picture frame on a table

Materials that you'll need

One frame- Any size will do.
My frame is 4 in x 6 in
Paintbrush
Faux sunflowers-I'm using the paper craft sunflowers from Dollar Tree
Acrylic paint -I'm using Waverly chalk paint yellow, and I decided to use brown acrylic paint
-You can use any paint of your choice
Twine or craft rope
Floral cutters
Scissors
Craft pipe cleaners- I'm using one in this craft
Hot glue or any other adhesive of your choice

Applying paint to the picture frame

Paint, paintbrush and picture frame on a table

To begin, carefully remove the stock paper from inside the frame and set it aside for later use. Then, using a paintbrush, apply paint to the frame to achieve your desired look.

Paintbrush and picture frame with yellow paint being applied

Yellow painted picture frame, smaller paintbrush, and brown paint on a table

I enhanced my yellow paint by delicately brushing a few thin lines with my paintbrush.

Yellow painted picture frame with brown paint thinly rubbed in sections

Adding twine to the picture frame

Yellow picture frame, twine and hot glue on a table

For optimal results, secure your twine with hot glue after applying your paint. Begin at the top of the frame and work your way around the inner section, attaching the twine as you go.

Twine being applied to yellow frame

Yellow frame with twine and scissors on a table

To secure your twine, trim the end with scissors and then apply a dab of hot glue to hold it down firmly in place.

Adding sunflower embellishments and truck decoration

Hand hold paper yellow sunflower to yellow frame near a bundle of twine

To enhance the look of your frame, select a sunflower embellishment and securely attach it to one of its corners using hot glue.

Hand holding red truck decoration to bottom section of yellow painted frame

To create a fall-themed frame, simply use hot glue to attach your favorite embellishments to the bottom. I chose a mini red truck decoration that I found in the clearance section at Michael's. It adds the perfect touch to the overall look.

Reinserting stock paper into the frame

Hand holding inner paper

Don't forget the stock paper we removed earlier in this craft. Now is the perfect opportunity to insert it back into the inner section of your frame. Alternatively, you can use decorative stock paper cut to fit. For my project, I chose to reuse the same stock paper by flipping it over.


Cutting pipe cleaners and adding to the frame

Floral cutters and pipe cleaner near yellow painted frame

To create the stem for your sunflowers, use floral or wire cutters to trim your pipe cleaners. Determine the desired height of your sunflowers for your picture frame display and cut the pipe cleaners accordingly.


Attaching pipe cleaners using adhesive

Three smaller cut pipe cleaners displayed behind red truck

For best results, use hot glue or any other adhesive for attaching your pipe cleaners to the interior of your frame.

Attaching paper flowers to pipe cleaners

Hand holding pipe paper flower over one pipe cleaner

It's time to attach your sunflowers to the stems you had glued down earlier.

Simply attach a strand of twine to the back of your frame using hot glue after attaching your sunflowers to easily hang your art display.

Picture frame art complete and displayed near faux flowers and candle

Completed fall picture frame art


Congratulations, you have finished! As a final touch, I've included a twine bow at the opposite corner of my sunflower.

I am grateful to all of you who joined me for this craft session. Remember to explore my other blog for additional DIY crafts.


You might also enjoy these fun Autumn craft posts

Create an Easy Fall Sign: DIY Tutorial with Faux Leaves and Thankful Design

Fall Crafting Inspiration: My Favorite DIY Projects

Pin Share Save

Pinterest pin with title and image




Comments

  1. Really cute and you never seem to run out of creative ideas!! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 125. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you! I recently ran out of ideas, and I really had to step back and think about what I was going to create, haha. Sadly, It does happen. But it didn't take long before I knew what to create. Thank you so much for pinning my craft. :)

      Delete
    2. That's hard to believe that YOU ran out of ideas :)

      Delete
  2. Using the pipe cleaners was a wonderful idea Stephanie! I would not have thought of that one. I love using items from Dollar Tree. We do not have a Michael's close to where I live, only Hobby Lobby. Gosh, it has been years since I set foot inside the store. Maybe I should check out what they have these days. Although, I am trying to use up what I have around here before I think about new. You always have so many wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cara, aw thank you. Yes, I keep pipe cleaners around because of my girls.-- They love using them to create things. I've been trying to reuse items in my craft room. I looked in there the other day and was amazed at how much was in there, haha.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness; that is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Donna, thank you so much. I always appreciate the feedback. :)

      Delete
  5. This is super cute! I love the color yellow so it totally grabbed my eye. You used so many great techniques. Thanks for sharing at the Home Imagined link party. XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MaryJo, thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I'm so happy that I decided to use the yellow in this craft. I wasn't sure what color to use at first. Sounds like I made the right choice! :) Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. This is darling! And I just love the yellows. Pinning. :) Thank you for sharing this post at the Will Blog for Comments #4 linkup. See you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you so much. I really appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  7. This is such a fun and adorable little sign. I would have picked the truck as well. Thanks so much for sharing this post in the link party last week. It will be a feature this week. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, thank you so much! Always happy to share with all of you. :)

      Delete
  8. This is adorable, what sweet summer art. Thank you for sharing at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I love the sunflowers you added as well as the little truck.It's perfect for back to school weather. Thank you for sharing this post on the Home Imagined Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute and creative! I love the sunflowers. Thank you for linking up at Tell It To Me Tuesday. I hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 27. Pinned again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO pretty! I love how you flipped a plain picture frame into 3D art, sunflower-style! The perfect fall touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are always so kind. I'm glad you enjoyed my fall frame decoration. I enjoyed putting this craft together. Thanks for visiting. ♡

      Delete
  13. Oh this is so CUTE! Love the colors! Visiting from SSPS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet frame and perfect for the season.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute project Stephanie. A 3 D effect is pretty awesome. thanks for sharing at Love Your Creativity. Happy new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you very much. Glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for visiting. 😊 Have a great week ahead.

      Delete
  16. What an adorable and colorful fall picture frame. I'll leave the arts'n'crafts projects to you, and will be part of your admiring fans. Saw it at the Sept. 2 Wonderful Wednesday, where I shared #94 thru 96.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

Easy Floral Decoupage Idea for Faux Pumpkin Display

 Hi everyone! I'm excited to share a simple and easy floral pumpkin design you can create quickly. Today, we will make a faux floral pumpkin display using decoupage and a few additional designs. I'm reusing a foam pumpkin that I bought at Dollar Tree. If you’re ready, let’s begin creating an easy floral decoupage faux pumpkin display! Quick video tutorial **Materials needed:** - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Floral napkin - Faux pearls - Faux flowers - Craft knife - Scissors - Mod Podge Carefully remove the top of your pumpkin. I used my craft knife to go around the top section, creating a hole at the top. Using a paintbrush, apply acrylic paint to the pumpkin. I chose to paint mine black. Next, use scissors to cut out a few flowers from your napkin. Make sure to remove the second layer of the napkin before cutting out the designs.   Once you have your floral designs cut out, use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge to the pumpkin. While the Mod Podge is wet, add the floral napkin c...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.