Skip to main content

Easy DIY Dollar Tree Sled Decoration for Christmas

 Decorate your home for Christmas on a budget with this DIY Dollar Tree sled decoration. Get creative and make a unique and festive piece of home decor using simple materials from Dollar Tree. Find step-by-step instructions and inspiration for this fun holiday craft.

Hello everyone! Today, I will show you how to decorate a sled from Dollar Tree. You can find these adorable sleds at your local Dollar Tree or create your own. We’ll use simple materials such as acrylic paint, craft gems, and gold letters. As always, I’ll include a materials list below.

Green sled with red bow, and gold gems displayed on a wooden table


Materials:

  • Sled from the Dollar Tree
  • Acrylic paint
  • Craft gems
  • Gold letters
  • Paintbrush
  • Mini bow
  • Hot glue
  • Scissors
  • Adhesive

Materials such as mini bows, gold letters, wooden sled, paintbrush and paint

Applying acrylic paint to the wooden sled
To begin decorating your sled, take your paintbrush and apply acrylic paint to the wooden surface. You can choose any color you like. I used a darker green color to go along with my Christmas decor.

Acrylic paint, paintbrush and wooden sled

Adding craft gems to the sled

Next, take your craft gems and begin to add them to your sled. The craft gems I am using are from Dollar Tree, and they come in strips with a sticky backing. And they do require you to cut them to the size of your liking. After cutting your craft gem strips, take each strip and begin to add it to the sled. If you find that the adhesive on the back of the gems is not strong enough, you can use a little extra adhesive to ensure that the gems stay in place.

Painted green sled by gold gems on a table

Painted green sled with gold gems and adhesive

Adding the mini bow to the sled

The final step is to add a mini bow to your sled. I used a red mini bow and placed it in the top corner of the sled. This completes your Christmas hanging sled design.

Painted green sled with red bow, gold gems displayed by gold letters

I hope you enjoyed this DIY craft! If you’re interested in more Dollar Tree crafts, be sure to check out more crafts on the blog. I have a variety of other quick and easy crafts that you might enjoy.

Painted green hanging sled displayed on door

You might also enjoy

Creating a Festive Winter Design with Dollar Tree Faux Arched Window Frame

Dollar Tree Block Calendar Transformed It Into A Christmas Countdown

Easy Dollar Tree Christmas Floral Tray Centerpiece




Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Joanne, thank you. I was excited to create this last week.

      Delete
  2. Another sweet and economical idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How elegant! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 139. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute, what a great idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of this design. It's a really gorgeous decoration :)

    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute, and you make it look so simple to make. #mmbc

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm featuring you this week when the next To Grandma's house we go link party starts! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I love the whole vignette. Featuring when my link party opens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you so much. I appreciate it. 😊

      Delete
  9. Very cute and pretty
    I visited you via Will Blog for Comments #18, open December 11-23 and it will be awesome if you can to share this with us M-S SeniorSalonPitStop. You will find it under BLOGGING.
    I linked up this week with = 15+16.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting. Happy to hear you enjoyed this craft.

      Delete
  10. I love it, Stephanie. That little gold trim around the sled is so cute. Thanks for sharing this post at the Will Blog for Comments #18 linkup. Hope to see you next time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute and festive. Thanks for sharing with Create-it Link Party https://tryit-likeit.com/link-party

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Wish I had 1/100 of your creativity, it's amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariama, you are so kind. I bet you are creative. Sometimes we just don't realize it right away. ☺️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.