Skip to main content

Eco-Friendly Home Decor: Hanging Flower Display using a Paper Towel Roll

Add a pop of color to your home with a beautiful Hanging Flower Display made from a Paper Towel Roll, an eco-friendly decor idea!

Hello everyone! Today, I'm excited to share an easy and eco-friendly DIY project that involves reusing a paper towel roll. Using the roll and other materials, we'll create a beautiful hanging flower display. This is a great way to upcycle items in your home and create a lovely display for some artificial flowers.

Hanging flower display



Materials

Materials

One paper towel roll

Twine or string

Paintbrush

Mod Podge

Gift tissue paper

Hot glue

Hole puncher

Scissors

Acrylic paint

Foam block

Paper towel roll and scissors

Cutting the paper towel roll

To start, take your scissors and cut the paper towel roll into four equal pieces. To make each section the same size, you can use the first cut section as a guide for the next three cuts. Alternatively, you can mark the area to be cut with a marker before cutting, which will also help keep each section the same size.

Four cut sections of paper towel rolls

Paper towel rolls, paintbrush and paint

Applying paint 

Using a paintbrush, apply acrylic paint to the four paper towel roll sections.

Mod Podge, tissue paper, and rolls

Applying Mod Podge and tissue paper

Firstly, take your scissors and cut the tissue paper into four longer strips. Next, use a paintbrush to apply a layer of Mod Podge to the paper towel roll. Apply the Mod Podge to the bottom section of each paper towel section. After that, place the tissue paper over the Mod Podge sections.

Twine and decorated rolls

Adding the twine and attaching  the rolls together

To make the paper towel roll look more appealing, you can use twine or string to give it a rustic touch. First, cut a section of twine or string using scissors. Then, use hot glue to attach the twine or string around the roll, just above the tissue paper. Repeat this process for each roll. Once you have done this for all the rolls, use hot glue to attach each one together.

Paper towel rolls with foam blocks

Adding the foam block

After gluing the rolls together, get your foam block and cut it to fit inside the rolls. Cut the foam block into smaller sections so that it can fit snugly inside each roll. You can also add glue to the foam block as you insert them into each roll to make sure they stay in place.

foam blocks inside of rolls near hole puncher

Using the hole puncher and adding twine

First, get your hole puncher and punch four holes in the rolls, one in each. Then, cut two sections of twine and add one end of each section into one of the holes, tying them off. Repeat this step with the opposite ends of the twine and make sure to cross them to ensure even hanging without tilting.

decorated paper towel roll with hole

Twine and decorated rolls

Floral and rolls

Adding the flowers

To complete the hanging flower display, all you need to do is add your flowers to each of the foam block sections. You can use artificial flowers from older projects, just like I did. And that's it! Your display is ready to hang. I'm thrilled that we were able to reuse a paper towel roll for this fun project. Please let me know if you try this project yourself. Thank you for visiting and creating this with me. Don't forget to check out my other blog for more hands-on and affordable DIY projects.

Steph Creates Things-DIY Home and Crafts

Hanging flower display

Pin Share Save
Pinterest pin showing flower display




Comments

  1. How sweet! I would never have known that you used a paper towel roll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 😊 I appreciate you visiting.

      Delete
  2. It turned out absolutely stunning! You are truly an artist, Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, thank you so much! You made my day. :)

      Delete
  3. These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, how cute are these! I just threw away today a few toilet paper rolls... This is such a lovely idea, I'll surely try it out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This was such a fun project to work on. Thank you for visiting and sharing your thoughts. :)

      Delete
  5. Such a great idea. They look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie - This is so lovely and fresh for Spring! Love that you upcycled the roll! Creatively, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, thank you so much. 😊 It was a fun project.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing with us on the Homestead Blog Hop. This is such a great craft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute idea!! My girls & I gotta do one of our own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julissa, thank you! Yes, give it a try. I think you will enjoy it with your girls. 😊

      Delete
  9. I cannot believe this is from a paper towel roll. This is so cute and springy! Thanks for sharing this post with us at the Will Blog for Comments #58 linkup. Looking forward to seeing what you share at #59. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I'm actually applying for a new job that needs a lot of creativity, and I was just thinking this week how your wonderful DIY ideas would be perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariama, I'm wishing you all the best for your new job. So wonderful to hear. That is so kind of you to have thought about my DIY ideas. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  11. Well that is just darling! I'm all about easy crafts and upcycling, and I think this one hits it out of the park. I will be saving those paper towel rolls this week for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.