Skip to main content

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home.

Floral wooden jack‑o’-lantern pumpkins on gold stands with soft fall colors and cozy autumn décor.

Watch the video tutorial



Materials

  • Wooden pumpkin cutouts

  • Floral transfers

  • Acrylic paint (your chosen colors)

  • Gold acrylic paint

  • Green acrylic paint

  • Mini dowels

  • Hot glue gun + glue sticks

  • Small wooden stands

  • Brown acrylic paint

  • Paintbrushes

Wooden pumpkin cutouts, acrylic paints, floral transfers, paintbrushes, and crafting supplies arranged on a yellow floral background for a fall DIY project.

 Add the floral transfers

I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this part — slow, even pressure helps the details come through really clean.

Step‑by‑step collage showing floral transfers being cut, rubbed, and applied onto wooden pumpkin ornaments during a fall craft project.

Blend in soft paint colors

Next, I went in and added small pops of paint right onto the transfer designs — just little touches in the openings of the leaves and flowers. I didn’t cover anything completely; I just used a tiny bit of paint in a variety of colors to give the florals more depth and make everything feel blended and hand‑painted. You can play around with whatever colors you like here — a little goes a long way.

Collage showing yellow acrylic paint and a hand painting floral details onto wooden jack‑o’-lantern pumpkins with a fine brush.

Outline with gold paint

Once the colors were blended, I grabbed my gold paint and started adding small highlights around the pumpkins. I brushed it around the edges and lightly around the transfer designs to give everything a soft, warm glow. You don’t need a heavy hand here — just a few touches of gold make the pumpkins feel really special and help the florals stand out.

Collage of gold acrylic paint being brushed onto floral wooden pumpkin ornaments, highlighting details and adding shimmer.
Attach the pumpkins to the dowels and paint the stands

Once all your details were dry, I mixed a little brown and gold paint together and used that to paint the stands. The color has a warm, rustic look that works really well with the pumpkins. After the stands dried, I glued the mini dowels into place and attached each pumpkin. Just a small amount of hot glue is all you need — hold the pumpkin for a few seconds until it sets. Once everything is secure, they’re ready to display.

Collage showing the process of attaching wooden pumpkin ornaments to dowels and painting the stands with brown and gold during a fall DIY craft project.

These little floral jack‑o’‑lanterns were such a fun fall project, and I love how the colors and gold details give them a soft, whimsical look. They’re easy to customize, quick to put together, and such a sweet way to add a handmade touch to your autumn décor. Whether you make just one or create a whole little pumpkin family, they’re a charming craft you can enjoy all season long.

Two wooden jack‑o’-lantern pumpkins decorated with floral designs and mounted on gold stands, displayed on a yellow floral background as finished fall décor.

Pin Share Save

Comments

  1. These are so fun, and I know exactly where I would display this. Great craft. Thanks for sharing.
    xx
    M.B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you enjoyed this fun little project. 😊🤗

      Delete
  2. Very unique design. I started following you here and on YouTube. Can't wait to see more. - Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, thank you. And welcome! Always happy to hear about new blog and YouTube followers. I hope by following you can find a new craft, or even inspiration in my other posts as well. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Those are just darling! I actually have a few of these pumpkins, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out beautiful! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful and fit right in with the vintage trend I'm seeing this season. Featuring when my link party opens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun season craft. Autumn is coming!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

Easy Floral Decoupage Idea for Faux Pumpkin Display

 Hi everyone! I'm excited to share a simple and easy floral pumpkin design you can create quickly. Today, we will make a faux floral pumpkin display using decoupage and a few additional designs. I'm reusing a foam pumpkin that I bought at Dollar Tree. If you’re ready, let’s begin creating an easy floral decoupage faux pumpkin display! Quick video tutorial **Materials needed:** - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Floral napkin - Faux pearls - Faux flowers - Craft knife - Scissors - Mod Podge Carefully remove the top of your pumpkin. I used my craft knife to go around the top section, creating a hole at the top. Using a paintbrush, apply acrylic paint to the pumpkin. I chose to paint mine black. Next, use scissors to cut out a few flowers from your napkin. Make sure to remove the second layer of the napkin before cutting out the designs.   Once you have your floral designs cut out, use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge to the pumpkin. While the Mod Podge is wet, add the floral napkin c...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

20 journal prompts for self-discovery.

  “Self-discovery is the most empowering time of your life, you remember who you are and you become the best version of yourself but what they forget to tell you is, to get to a point of pleasure you must face the pain.”- Nikki Rowe Source 1. What inspires you? 2. Describe an adventure that brought you great joy. 3. I am happiest when I... 4. List three things you love about yourself. 5. What are you wanting to achieve this month? 6. What are some hobbies that you enjoy? 7. Describe a beautiful moment that has been with you ever since? 8. What are some of your strengths? 9. What are some of your weaknesses? 10. What are some things that you do to relax your mind? 11. A memory that you can't seem to let go of... 12.  Write about your favorite quote. 13.  Is there something you'd like to accomplish this year? 14. List three things you would like to do more of for yourself. 15. How do you express your love? 16. What makes you smile?  17. At the moment, what is your...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.