Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fun with popsicle sticks...and more!


Since my daughter and I didn't make it out to the library, we did our own craft, and story time. (Which in my opinion is the best) :) Today we made popsicle stick frames, with a message. It was so much fun. For this craft the materials you need are:

-Popsicle sticks
-Hot glue gun
-Paint
-Markers/crayons
-Construction paper
(and scissors)

1.Start off by making a frame out of your popsicle sticks. Glue the corners together. I went ahead and made a message on construction paper to glue on to the back of the frame. (You will have to cut it to fit the frame.

2.Once that is done, paint your frame. (Have fun with it!) My daughter had so much fun with all the different colors. :)

3.Now once that is finished make a T-shape out of two popsicle sticks. (This is for the stand for the back of the frame.) Glue both sticks together, and glue it to the back of the construction paper. You're all done! Now you have a cute popsicle stick frame, with a message! Enjoy~





Now since we had a few more sheets of construction paper, I made some quick
and easy Hello kitty play mask. All I did was used a stencil, and traced, and cut. I just took
some glue and glued them to the popsicle sticks! We had so much fun going around playing with them.



And my last DIY project. Menu board.
This was yesterday's project...
I had an old decorative sign that I was pretty much throwing out. I decided why
not take some chalkboard paint and paint over it.
So that's what I did. I took some chalkboard paint, applied abour 4 coats throughout the day, and once
it was finished, my husbad added a hook on the back of the board, and there you go, we have a menu board for our kitchen now. :) It's always so much fun reusing things!



Hope you all have a lovely day.
Happy crafting! :)