Skip to main content

Fun with popsicle sticks...and more!


Since my daughter and I didn't make it out to the library, we did our own craft, and story time. (Which in my opinion is the best) :) Today we made popsicle stick frames, with a message. It was so much fun. For this craft the materials you need are:

-Popsicle sticks
-Hot glue gun
-Paint
-Markers/crayons
-Construction paper
(and scissors)

1.Start off by making a frame out of your popsicle sticks. Glue the corners together. I went ahead and made a message on construction paper to glue on to the back of the frame. (You will have to cut it to fit the frame.

2.Once that is done, paint your frame. (Have fun with it!) My daughter had so much fun with all the different colors. :)

3.Now once that is finished make a T-shape out of two popsicle sticks. (This is for the stand for the back of the frame.) Glue both sticks together, and glue it to the back of the construction paper. You're all done! Now you have a cute popsicle stick frame, with a message! Enjoy~





Now since we had a few more sheets of construction paper, I made some quick
and easy Hello kitty play mask. All I did was used a stencil, and traced, and cut. I just took
some glue and glued them to the popsicle sticks! We had so much fun going around playing with them.



And my last DIY project. Menu board.
This was yesterday's project...
I had an old decorative sign that I was pretty much throwing out. I decided why
not take some chalkboard paint and paint over it.
So that's what I did. I took some chalkboard paint, applied abour 4 coats throughout the day, and once
it was finished, my husbad added a hook on the back of the board, and there you go, we have a menu board for our kitchen now. :) It's always so much fun reusing things!



Hope you all have a lovely day.
Happy crafting! :)



Comments

  1. This is such a cute idea! I love easy crafts for the kids...I'm featuring it today:

    http://www.flourmewithlove.com/2013/04/featuring-you_10.html

    Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think together. I've been saving some popsicle sticks to do projects with my grandchildren. They are so useful. Love this post!

    Thanks so much for stopping by Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop to share it. I hope you'll keep coming back every week. :)

    Blessings,
    Sinea Ducks ‘n a Row

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much :) Happy to share with you all. It's a fun craft that my little one really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have given me yet another excuse to purchase and consume popsicles! And not the single stick-sized popsicles, I'm talking the double-sticked variety in the classic red-purple-orange assortment.
    I remember Library days with my Mom, and I'm sure your daughter will too, many years from now.
    Found you via Flour Me With Love, see you around :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, oh how wonderful! :) Have tons of fun with your purchase. There's so much to do with popsicle sticks. Thanks for stopping by~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! we've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Have fun! http://mybradybunchfamily.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-day-surprise.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute ideas! I love it! And what a beautiful family you have! Also, congrats on your Liebster Award Nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you unsuper mom for the nomination! :)

    Christy, thank you so much! I appreciate that. I'm so happy that you all love it, I love sharing my crafts and ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha I"m with Kim, let's eat more Popsicles! Great craft and I love the one your little one painted too.

    Thank you so much for sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha, thank you Holly! I agree too, popsicles are so yummy. :) Thank you for hosting such a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these and I'll bet they are light enough to put a magnet on the back and hang on the fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Jennifer, oh for sure they are light enough to add a magnet to the back and hang on the fridge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am always looking for something for the grandbabies to do when they are here. What a great idea. Just found your site at Sew Many Ways, Find a Friend Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty cute. Love the saying also. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a darling idea! Thank so much for sharing at our party! We appreciate you joining us!
    Thanks so much!
    Joye & Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for linking this up last week at SHOW IT OFF Wednesday. This week's party started this morning I would love for you to stop by.

    http://viewfromrivermountain.blogspot.com/2013/04/show-it-off-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

Simple, Creative, Pretty Gift Wrap Ideas.- A DIY Post.

Are you looking for some creative gift wrap ideas? If so, you have come to the right place. There's no better way to create a personalized package for someone special than this. It's simple, fun, and the result will be loved by you and the recipient. This craft allows you to use up any leftover materials, such as buttons, beads, and flower embellishments that you may have in storage. Here are the materials you'll need: - Craft flowers (paper, silk or foam) - Twine, string or ribbon - Craft hearts (fabric, foam or sticker) - Garland (any type) - Craft clothespins (any color) - Stamps and ink (any color and design) - Washi tape (decorative tape) - Hot glue or any craft glue - Plain gift wrap paper/tissue paper (any material) - Scissors To create your own wrapping paper, begin by cutting a piece that is the appropriate size for the box you are wrapping. Then, carefully wrap the paper around the box and use decorative tape to secure it. Now, it's time...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.