Skip to main content

DIY (Craft storage bin)

I could always use more storage for my craft supplies, so I decided to reuse my windowsill herb box since it was no longer in use; I figured, hey, why not use this for extra storage for my stamps and other card supplies?

For this project, I used only the herb box, white paint, stamps, washi tape, glue, three clear plastic cups, and craft paper. I started by painting the box and allowed it to dry for a few minutes. Once that was done, I took some craft paper and lined both the front and the back of the box, applying enough glue to ensure it stayed in place.

The next step is to decorate your box; I used a few stamps and washi tape to line the inside of my box. The last step is to take three clear plastic cups, line them up in your box, and add your supplies.











Comments

  1. This a great...something that would definitely work for me. I like that the cups are clear and you can easily see what is inside. Thanks!
    Jayne
    Handmade Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, and useful too!!

    I saw you linked up at Thursday's Favorite Things and came to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! And thank for stopping by. I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I've been hearing so much about this washi tape(I'm so behind time), lol! Love your creation Stephanie...too cute. Yay to you for recycling and reusing. Thanks for stopping by and linking up! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so creative! I love it! Great job. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michell, thank you. :) Oh don't worry it wasn't until just recently that I finally got around to using washi tape lol. Thank you for your kind words.

    Aw, Melly thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever way to repurpose something that you aren't using anymore. I would have never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

Easy Floral Decoupage Idea for Faux Pumpkin Display

 Hi everyone! I'm excited to share a simple and easy floral pumpkin design you can create quickly. Today, we will make a faux floral pumpkin display using decoupage and a few additional designs. I'm reusing a foam pumpkin that I bought at Dollar Tree. If you’re ready, let’s begin creating an easy floral decoupage faux pumpkin display! Quick video tutorial **Materials needed:** - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Floral napkin - Faux pearls - Faux flowers - Craft knife - Scissors - Mod Podge Carefully remove the top of your pumpkin. I used my craft knife to go around the top section, creating a hole at the top. Using a paintbrush, apply acrylic paint to the pumpkin. I chose to paint mine black. Next, use scissors to cut out a few flowers from your napkin. Make sure to remove the second layer of the napkin before cutting out the designs.   Once you have your floral designs cut out, use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge to the pumpkin. While the Mod Podge is wet, add the floral napkin c...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

20 journal prompts for self-discovery.

  “Self-discovery is the most empowering time of your life, you remember who you are and you become the best version of yourself but what they forget to tell you is, to get to a point of pleasure you must face the pain.”- Nikki Rowe Source 1. What inspires you? 2. Describe an adventure that brought you great joy. 3. I am happiest when I... 4. List three things you love about yourself. 5. What are you wanting to achieve this month? 6. What are some hobbies that you enjoy? 7. Describe a beautiful moment that has been with you ever since? 8. What are some of your strengths? 9. What are some of your weaknesses? 10. What are some things that you do to relax your mind? 11. A memory that you can't seem to let go of... 12.  Write about your favorite quote. 13.  Is there something you'd like to accomplish this year? 14. List three things you would like to do more of for yourself. 15. How do you express your love? 16. What makes you smile?  17. At the moment, what is your...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.