Skip to main content

Our week.

 
This week definitely feels like Fall has arrived here in Colorado. I know it hasn't, but the rain, and cool days and nights sure have me thinking otherwise. I guess you can say I'm a little impatient for the arrival of Fall. :)
 
I've been spending the week looking after our sick little one. She's come down with sniffles, and sore throat. (She's even losing her sweet little voice). I've been using one of our humidifiers, and running steam showers. She likes to sit in our bathroom while I shower, while the steam clears her little nose.
 
In the midst of all of this, somehow she still finds the energy to play and do some hands on crafts.  I've been so busy this week, I think I was able to get an hour on one of the days to enjoy a cup of coffee, and some breakfast. When our little one is sick, she enjoys snuggling, and having books read to her. I can honestly say snuggling, and reading to her is one of my favorite times. I remember when she was so tiny, and after nursing her she would snuggle up right on my chest and fall asleep. Such a sweet little thing.
 
A few of my flowers have started to shrivel, and their colors are slowly fading. We still have our regular garden visitors. I think my favorite is the hummingbird who spends most of the morning saying hello to each flower. My vegetable garden still has plenty of tomatoes, and peppers. My daughter normally goes out with me to pick them, but I've been tending to my garden alone since she has not been feeling her best.
 
Nights have been rainy, and cold. We haven't sat out much on the porch. Mosquitos have been out like crazy, so we have been enjoying our evening inside.  This week I cooked up some chicken soup in the crockpot, and my daughter only wanted carrots and broth. I'm certain the broth soothed her throat.  I'm hoping by the weekend our daughter is feeling better.
How did you spend your week?
 

 
 
 

 

 
 
 

Comments

  1. I was wondering if you'd had any flooding up there. We have had so much rain here but I know CO has had even more. I hope your daughter is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, yes we have had a lot of flooding.The flooding seems to be hitting hard over in Manitou, and Old Colorado.(And parts of the Springs). Last night it rained through the evening until early morning. Thank you, I hope she starts feeling better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your little one feels well soon and you can start tending the garden together. Sounds like a such a special time. Your photos are beautiful as usual. Take care and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayne, thank you for your kind words. It's a very special time we share together. You're so sweet. Thank you for stopping by, have a wonderful weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your little one gets feeling better. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, Fall...hands down, my favorite season! Hope your little sweetie pie feels better Stephanie! Thanks so much for linking up! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michell, thank you so much! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Holiday Glass Candle Display- An Upcycled Craft

Learn how to create a beautiful holiday glass candle display using upcycled materials with this DIY craft project. Perfect for adding a festive touch to your home decor. Find step-by-step instructions and inspiration for this creative and sustainable holiday project. Recently, I have been feeling very festive and have been enjoying decorating, baking, and much more. I noticed that I had a few glass jars and old candle jars around my home, and I wanted to create something simple. I thought a candle display would be great and easy to create. If you have any pasta jars, old candle jars, or any glass jars, this craft is perfect for you! For this project, you will need the following materials: Frosted Glass Spray (I used Rust-Oleum) Gold wire Stretch cord (optional) Holiday greenery, berries, and any holiday decoration can be added Flameless tealights Mini ornaments (I used one for this project) You can find flameless tealights at your local Big Lots store. A pack of 10 with extra batteries...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 161

     Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #161! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, blogging friends! We are just a few days away from our much-needed vacation. We’ll be exploring and doing what we love: attending a concert. We leave early next week. Just a heads-up: the next party, scheduled to open on Friday the 16th, won’t have featured posts since I will be out of town. However, I will have it set up as a scheduled post, so it will still go live. I will be returning on the 19th.  Please feel free to share your posts at the party! The party on the 23rd will include featured posts. Thank you all for sharing at the party; I truly appreciate all of you. Congratulations to our featured bloggers To visit the blogs of the featured bloggers, simply click on ...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.