Skip to main content

Our weekend {Sweet November}


"A sun-drenched sky

on a windy autumn day;

out across open fields

passing clouds make shadow play.



Silent beauty in multi-hues

but ominous in a sense;

for though today be delightful

darkness soon gains precedence.-   Ray, Psychology of Seasons



Hello November, so nice to have you here...


Hello sun -You're so beautiful on our evening walks.


Colors of fall-Make me feel so cheerful.


Golden leaves have taken over this path-so pretty much!


A little playground fun-A lovely evening to play out in the autumn sun.


Beautiful Colorado mountains.


Lunch time-Fajita pizza, prepared by my wonderful husband.

Zebra cake, with Mocha frosting...(You read right, Zebra cake. It's a premium cake mix, and it should come out looking like Zebra stripes. Our cake didn't come out with the stripes, but oh boy it was delicious.)
Here's the link for the cake mix-zebra-cake mix

Delicious indeed!

Playtime with Moon sand.

What a tough life-Wake, eat & sleep! lol

It's nice to start a new month. I see so many possibilities, and changes coming our way.  We spent most of our weekend entertaining and playing with our sweet one. Our daughter loves exploring, and so do we! We made our way out to the park-The weather was warm, with a gentle breeze. Our daughter played on the playground and also enjoyed some time playing in the leaves. Playtime at the park was so peaceful. The sun was starting to set, and everything was at peace. 

While some days are spent indoors, we enjoy simple tasks around the home. We bake, cook, and I've been doing some much-needed organizing. This weekend we enjoyed a nice chicken fajita pizza. My husband wanted to cook up something new. -We also made a french toast bake on one of the mornings. It was delicious and went well with a nice cup of coffee.  I baked a simple zebra cake and added some mocha frosting. (With all of these delicious dishes, I've been making sure to keep up with my workout routine) =)

We are expected to get snow here in a few days; I've been getting things ready. My husband has worked on preparing our lawn for the upcoming winter months. We still need to schedule a sprinkler blow-out. There's so much on our to-do list, but I'm sure we will get it all done.

I've actually thought about catching up on some reading, but I've been working on a few cards. I'll make sure to make time for that soon.  How did you spend your weekend? I hope it was a lovely one spent with loved ones.

Hello and welcome to new/old readers! It's so nice to have you come along on this journey with me. 

Comments

  1. I LOVE that picture of the sun coming through the trees. Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela. I love that picture too. It was beautiful out. I hope you had a lovely weekend with your family.

      Delete
  2. I love perfect weekends with good food, and family time. That pizza looks yummy!! www.fashionistamomma.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We sure did enjoy, and I hope you did as well. =) Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  3. Hi Stephanie. Thanks for you lovely comment on my blog. What a lovely collection of photos here - those Colorado mountains are beautiful. I like the look of the zebra cake. I thought they were called marble cakes but your name for them is better! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gillian, thanks for stopping by! (hehe)-The name Zebra cake was actually on the package for the cake mix. I thought it was fun! And tastes delicious! =)

      Delete
  4. Your photos are so pretty. The pizza and cake look delicious! I'm glad you had a nice weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, aw thank you! They were delicious, and fun to make. Have a wonderful week. =)

      Delete
  5. Crazy busy! I was shooting photo stories and mamas for my nursing project.

    I am glad you had a fantastic weekend and man that cake and pizza look yummy.

    Love the shot of the sun shining through the trees! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, sounds like you were a busy lady! Thank you, Dina, you're always so sweet. Well the cake was supposed to turn out looking like zebra stripes, lol-that's didn't happen, but it was delicious.

      Aw, thank you for your comment on my picture. I though it was a beautiful shot as well. =)

      I hope you have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  6. Hi Stephanie, I enjoy your moments with you...feels so good :) I've always wanted to experience "real" Autumn weather with the leaves changing colors and the cool weather - but since we don't have it here, I'm thrilled to visit your blog & read about it here. Thanks for a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stephanie!! That zebra cake looks delicious! Your daughter will have so many great memories of spending quality time with her parents...I love that! Have a wonderful week my friend!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos and post! Blessings to you! Found you at Michell's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Holiday Glass Candle Display- An Upcycled Craft

Learn how to create a beautiful holiday glass candle display using upcycled materials with this DIY craft project. Perfect for adding a festive touch to your home decor. Find step-by-step instructions and inspiration for this creative and sustainable holiday project. Recently, I have been feeling very festive and have been enjoying decorating, baking, and much more. I noticed that I had a few glass jars and old candle jars around my home, and I wanted to create something simple. I thought a candle display would be great and easy to create. If you have any pasta jars, old candle jars, or any glass jars, this craft is perfect for you! For this project, you will need the following materials: Frosted Glass Spray (I used Rust-Oleum) Gold wire Stretch cord (optional) Holiday greenery, berries, and any holiday decoration can be added Flameless tealights Mini ornaments (I used one for this project) You can find flameless tealights at your local Big Lots store. A pack of 10 with extra batteries...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 161

     Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #161! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, blogging friends! We are just a few days away from our much-needed vacation. We’ll be exploring and doing what we love: attending a concert. We leave early next week. Just a heads-up: the next party, scheduled to open on Friday the 16th, won’t have featured posts since I will be out of town. However, I will have it set up as a scheduled post, so it will still go live. I will be returning on the 19th.  Please feel free to share your posts at the party! The party on the 23rd will include featured posts. Thank you all for sharing at the party; I truly appreciate all of you. Congratulations to our featured bloggers To visit the blogs of the featured bloggers, simply click on ...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.