Skip to main content

DIY Lip Scrub


These scrubs are lip-smacking good! And they smell absolutely lovely. Perfect for these cold winter days. My lips need a little TLC.

**Recipes below**








Brown sugar vanilla lip scrub

2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of olive oil (I used extra virgin olive oil) 
1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients together, and place in the container. (I'm reusing my Bath and body works candle jars. They came with lids and what a perfect way to reuse these small jars

Delicious Coffee sugar/vanilla lip scrub

I used the same measurements from my brown sugar lip scrub.

2 tablespoons of coffee (I used whole bean, and our coffee grinder to grind up my coffee). 
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of olive oil
1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract

p.s. -You could always spice things up and add cinnamon to your scrub. I've made some in the past with cinnamon and other spices. They turned out just as lovely.

Enjoy~

Pin this for later
♡

Comments

  1. This is a great idea! I'm sure both taste delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer. They sure do taste delicious. =)
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I'm so making these Stephanie!! Thanks for sharing them and thanks so much for linking up! Have a wonderful week my friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michell, yes you must make these! They are wonderful for your lips! Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week. =)

      Delete
  3. Oh you have so many talents. These lip scrubs looks beautiful & scrumptious, and will it possibly make my lips more smoochable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Jayne. They for sure will make your lips more smoochable! -You're so cute! =)

      Delete
  4. This is fabulous!!! Found you from bloggy moms :) thanks for the tips!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thank you! So happy you found me on bloggy moms. =)

      Delete
  5. I pinned this! Wow I love it this and I have all of this stuff so I want to try it. My lips tend to get so chapped here in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina, oh yes definitely try it! I hear you about the Arizona weather also. I remember how chapped my lips would be out there in that desert weather. So happy you pinned it, I hope it helps. =) They smell wonderful too!

      Delete
  6. Now that will come in handy, these cold days and harsh wind make my lips chip like an old painted door... Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meeha, thank you. It does come in handy. I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Nice share a must try, I usually use a small amount of white sugar and scrub gently :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari, thank you. I used to do the same just white sugar, and gently scrub. I later started adding in different ingredients, and oh boy it was absolutely lovely. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Totally pinning this! You're a girl after my own heart, I just posted about natural bath salts: http://www.katiebennettphoto.com/1/post/2013/12/3-ingredient-bath-salts-printable-plus-product-photography-tips.html

    I bet you'd like it!

    I had a question. What is the shelf life of these scrubs? Should they be stored in the refrigerator? Thanks for the great idea! My lips get so, so dry in the winter. I usually try to scrub the skin off with my toothbrush but it feels yucky :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, thank you! Your so sweet. I'll check out your post!-I'm sure I'd like your natural bath salts as well. I keep my lip scrubs for about a week or two. I don't store my scrubs in the refrigerator, but that is honestly a great question. I'm sure you could store them in the refrigerator. I leave mine out, and use them to gently scrub my lips after I do my morning routine. =) I'm so happy you enjoyed my post, let me know how you like it! And thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for answering. I'll definitely try it soon! You should create something for dry hands, too! That's like a huge problem for me in the winter ;). Keep up the awesome blogging!

      Delete
  9. Everyone in my house seems to have horrible chapped lips right now. I was so surprised to see that I actually have ALL these ingredients (it seems like making your own health care products require buying a lot of specialty items that are expensive). I think I'll have to whip some up today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, thank you so much! Yes, please do. Let me know how you like it. It's amazing for lips. My lips become really chapped, especially in the winter months. Thank you so much for stopping by! Enjoy~

      Delete
  10. Simple and easy! Sounds like a winner. Visiting from SITS Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

A Simple Winter Oatmeal Recipe.

Looking for a warm and cozy breakfast to start your day during the colder months? Try this nutritious winter oatmeal recipe! It's packed with healthy ingredients and is perfect for experimenting with new toppings. Get the recipe now and enjoy a delicious and hearty breakfast. A Simple Winter Oatmeal Recipe Ingredients: - 1 cup of almond milk (or any of your choice). You can use 1/2 cup if you prefer thicker oats. - 1/2 cup of quick oats - A small amount of vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon of wild blueberries (I used the Mariani Premium Wild Blueberries brand). - 1 tablespoon of granola (I used Clif brand granola mix with white chocolate Macadamia nut). - 1 tablespoon of dried cereal mix (I used Kashi Cinnamon Crisp). You can use any brand of your choice. Both the granola and dried cereal mix add a nice crunch to the oatmeal, while the blueberries provide a simple sweetness. Optional: - Honey - Brown sugar sprinkled - Agave syrup You can use any sw...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.