Skip to main content

Weekend. Smiles & Sunny days.


The weather here in Colorado is a bit wacky. -It snowed on Friday. -It was a mixture of rain/snow. I thought it was pretty, but honestly, I wanted to see more of the sun. Even though it was gloomy out on Friday, we did enjoy our time indoors.


 The sun came out and it was absolutely beautiful. - Saturday came along and we enjoyed a simple morning. My husband made a delicious breakfast and we sat and enjoyed coffee while we talked about our plans for the day. Our daughter ran about. -Dancing, giggling, and chasing our pug around. It was a lovely morning.










Saturday afternoon- We headed out to the Library. They had hedgehogs and Tenrecs. (The Tenrec is a mammal of the family Tenrecidae, found on Madagascar and in parts of the African mainland.) 
They discussed living environments, food, habits, and qualities of both the hedgehog and tenrecs. After, the kids were able to pet and see them up close. They even made a little hedgehog craft to take home. Our daughter enjoyed her time at the library. 





Later that evening, we enjoyed dinner at Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill. -I of course had a side of hummus. :) When we go I normally get the chicken plate. -It's delicious.
After enjoying dinner, we headed out to the pet store. We needed a few things for our fish tank. Our daughter enjoys watching the bunnies play and the fishes swim around. We also checked out a few turtles and listened to a few birds chirping in their cage. 


Sunday-The weather was beautiful. Almost 70 degrees here! I opened all windows and straightened up a little. After breakfast, we headed out and did some yard work. Our daughter sat out; blowing bubbles, singing, and smiling. It is peaceful. 

We ended our day visiting the Air Force base. Playing on the playground and enjoying a family walk. During our walk we played -I spy.  Our daughter spotted a few things; rocks, big trees, Airplanes, jets, sticks, and a few interesting obstacle courses. It was a very enjoyable family walk. 




Now we are home. Baking lasagna, and planning for the week.  I'm sad to see the weekend come to an end.-I'm so happy that we spent most of it out in the sun. It was warm, beautiful, and absolutely lovely out. I have a few plans for us this week. How was your weekend? Did the sun come out and bring warmer temps your way? I hope you all have a beautiful week. 

Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Hedgehogs are so cute! My son wants one badly but we just have too many pets already. I'm glad the weather is getting better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ida, thank you! They were very cute to look at. I'm not sure if we will ever get one. -But it was nice to see them. :) Thank you, and I hope you are having a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Ida! Your weekend sounds wonderful! :) My weekend was great too. My son (Tyson) made a new friend, and he went on a play date. It makes me so happy he connected with another child.

    I didn't realize you own a pug! Adorable! I love pug faces, eek!!

    Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melly, thank you. I'm so happy to hear that your son made a new friend. -That's so exciting. :) I'm sure they get along great. I do have a pug, I've mentioned him a few times on my blog. He is pretty laid back; always sleeping. Lol. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had a very nice weekend. I hope you're feeling better these days. Your meal at the restaurant looks so delicious. I love the Tenrecs, what interesting animals. That's such a cute photo of your daughter's little hand petting one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you. I hope you are having a great start to the week. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh your weekend sounds wonderful! I love your pictures so much.. especially the one from the restaurant you ate at.. that plate looks yummy!
    Our weekend was great, spent time with all our family from both sides for a birthday party and a welcome party. It was beautiful outside so my children had an extra fun time enjoying the sun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a little bit chilling this weekend. And I had to work so not too much fun just super busy.

    Your library is so cool! Ours doesn't do anything like that! If they did we'd go all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina, awe yeah I'm sure your son would have enjoyed the hedgehogs. :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! The hedgehogs are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your weekend was nice as well. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

Easy Floral Decoupage Idea for Faux Pumpkin Display

 Hi everyone! I'm excited to share a simple and easy floral pumpkin design you can create quickly. Today, we will make a faux floral pumpkin display using decoupage and a few additional designs. I'm reusing a foam pumpkin that I bought at Dollar Tree. If you’re ready, let’s begin creating an easy floral decoupage faux pumpkin display! Quick video tutorial **Materials needed:** - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Floral napkin - Faux pearls - Faux flowers - Craft knife - Scissors - Mod Podge Carefully remove the top of your pumpkin. I used my craft knife to go around the top section, creating a hole at the top. Using a paintbrush, apply acrylic paint to the pumpkin. I chose to paint mine black. Next, use scissors to cut out a few flowers from your napkin. Make sure to remove the second layer of the napkin before cutting out the designs.   Once you have your floral designs cut out, use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge to the pumpkin. While the Mod Podge is wet, add the floral napkin c...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.