Skip to main content

Warm Sunny days.


“Every summer there are a number of nights, not many, but a number when everything is perfect. The light, the warmth, the smells, the mist, the birdsong – the moths. Who can sleep? Who wants to?” 
― Fredrik Sjöberg, The Fly Trap: A Book about Summer, Islands and the Freedom of Limits












Summer happenings

Time in my garden.-I've had so many visitors in my garden these past few days. The rain has brought moisture and new life. Bumblebees, baby birds, butterflies, caterpillars and hummingbirds.-They all stop by for a brief hello and go on their way. 

Arranging flowers. - My daughter has been making her very own flower arrangements from the garden. We snip a few flowers together. She's always prepared, wearing her tiny little garden gloves. Soon after, she arranges her flowers.-Just the way she wants them. It's beautiful and I'm glad she enjoys her arrangement. 

The weather is warm. - We still have days that the rain comes to visit. On warm days, I brew tea and place it on the kitchen window. Normally I place it out back on the porch. -The weather is perfect for it! 

Bubbles. - We can't get enough of bubbles. We've been sitting out back in the evenings blowing bubbles with our daughter. We really enjoy this time with her.

Grilling and Baking. - We have been grilling out back most of this summer. Preparing different dishes. Lately, I've really enjoyed our grilled bacon-wrapped asparagus. It's so delicious. Our daughter thought for a while that she was eating green beans. - She soon found out what it really was and she loved it! I haven't baked much lately. But recently I made a simple cake with sprinkles on top. It's an evening dessert that we seem to enjoy. :)

Pregnancy- Recently at my doctor's, visit -the baby's head is now facing down. I'm experiencing a lot more pressure than I did with my daughter. I'm Currently 34 weeks and just recently had our first appointment with our doula. She was able to provide some valuable information. I've been working on a few different breathing techniques and stretches. I recently finished reading Doulas, written by Susan Ross. If you're ever considering having a doula during labor and delivery, definitely a good read. 

I hope you all are having a wonderful summer. A warm hello and welcome to my new readers. I appreciate all of my readers for coming along and sharing my blogging journey with me. :)

Comments

  1. Bacon wrapped asparagus sound awesome! Oh my gosh I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend!! I love the photograph of the bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your asparagus sounds amazing! I've never tried that before but I know I would love it. So glad the baby is doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bacon wrapped asparagus looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after reading through some of the post I realized
    it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely glad I found it and
    I'll be bookmarking and checking back often!

    Take a look at my weblog growing tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing with us, I'm featuring you this week when the next To Grandma's house we go link party starts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

Easy Floral Decoupage Idea for Faux Pumpkin Display

 Hi everyone! I'm excited to share a simple and easy floral pumpkin design you can create quickly. Today, we will make a faux floral pumpkin display using decoupage and a few additional designs. I'm reusing a foam pumpkin that I bought at Dollar Tree. If you’re ready, let’s begin creating an easy floral decoupage faux pumpkin display! Quick video tutorial **Materials needed:** - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Floral napkin - Faux pearls - Faux flowers - Craft knife - Scissors - Mod Podge Carefully remove the top of your pumpkin. I used my craft knife to go around the top section, creating a hole at the top. Using a paintbrush, apply acrylic paint to the pumpkin. I chose to paint mine black. Next, use scissors to cut out a few flowers from your napkin. Make sure to remove the second layer of the napkin before cutting out the designs.   Once you have your floral designs cut out, use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge to the pumpkin. While the Mod Podge is wet, add the floral napkin c...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Create an Easy Fall Sign: DIY Tutorial with Faux Leaves and Thankful Design

  Learn how to create a beautiful fall sign with faux leaves and a thankful design in this easy DIY tutorial. Get creative with this fun craft project for the autumn season. I am thrilled to share with you an easy craft that involves making a wonderful fall sign using faux fall leaves and a beautiful thankful design. I used a decorative napkin that I had purchased earlier from Hobby Lobby for the thankful design.  The faux leaves used in this craft are from a wonderful fall party confetti pack that I also bought from Hobby Lobby. This pack consists of 300 assorted fall leaves, which means I will be using more of these wonderful leaves in other crafts too. If you are interested, I would love to take you through the process I used to create my wonderful fall sign. Materials Assorted faux fall leaves One floral craft ring (The size I am using is 6inches) One decorative napkin Paintbrush One wooden pumpkin Acrylic paint Twine Wooden Pumpkin Mod Podge Mini iron Adding the napkin to...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.